Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Aliens, hallucinogenic drugs and the origin of humans
Aliens, hallucinogenic drugs and the origin of humans
2005-10-17, 9:05 PM #41
Originally posted by MBeggar:
Newsflash, drugs dont make you cool either.

And I said they did when? They don't make you ANYTHING. Except, if abused, an addicted little *****. I don't know why you think I said drugs make you cool--one of my best friends has never touched a drug in his life (illegal).
D E A T H
2005-10-17, 9:14 PM #42
Originally posted by Rob:
*SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFF*

Hold on.. since when?
Since you stopped being a Cuban, pastel-suit wearing drug kingpin in 1980's Miami.
2005-10-17, 9:17 PM #43
Originally posted by Primate:
Since you stopped being a Cuban, pastel-suit wearing drug kingpin in 1980's Miami.

Now he's a cuban, stormtrooper-suit wearing drug kingpin at the UPS headquarters!
2005-10-17, 9:20 PM #44
Now there's an idea for the photoshop thread!
2005-10-17, 9:20 PM #45
For real.

I don't need couriers, I just use UPS as a front, to ship the goods in little plastic dinosuars I've affectionately dubbed "Mel."
2005-10-17, 9:25 PM #46
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/Echoness101/ScarSosa1.jpg]

"I'll only tell you once. Don't **** me, Rob. Don't you ever try to **** me."
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-17, 9:25 PM #47
[http://www.qwantz.com/flak/ryan3.png]

Originally posted by Mel:
Raarrrrgh
2005-10-17, 9:28 PM #48
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]And I said they did when? They don't make you ANYTHING. Except, if abused, an addicted little *****. I don't know why you think I said drugs make you cool--one of my best friends has never touched a drug in his life (illegal).[/QUOTE]

They dont make you anything? Okay! sure!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-10-17, 9:30 PM #49
Alright, Rob, I guess you're cool again. But only because of Mel the coke mule dinosaur.
2005-10-18, 3:25 AM #50
Originally posted by kyle90:
Yes... I'm sure that hallucinogenic substances give us the ability to see fairies from another dimension. Couldn't possibly be that they're just, oh, distorting our perceptions or something.

Yeah. That's real plausible.

Why assume that what we percieve as reality is actually reality?

Like glasses. If you don't wear your glasses, the world looks blurry. The world isn't actually blurry, you just have defective eyes and wearing glasses corrects your vision.
What if your mind is similarly defective, and these substances correct our perception of reality? Sure, you'll need the right substance of the right concentration (much like wearing glasses of the wrong prescription won't help in the slightest), but with some experimentation you could find that LSD is glasses for your mind!
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-10-18, 5:12 AM #51
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:

Like glasses. If you don't wear your glasses, the world looks blurry. The world isn't actually blurry, you just have defective eyes and wearing glasses corrects your vision.
What if your mind is similarly defective, and these substances correct our perception of reality? Sure, you'll need the right substance of the right concentration (much like wearing glasses of the wrong prescription won't help in the slightest), but with some experimentation you could find that LSD is glasses for your mind!

Because this is a stupid way to look at life that, in the long run, gets you nowhere.
D E A T H
2005-10-18, 5:58 AM #52

What if there are purple dinosaurs in orbit of Saturn?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-18, 6:40 AM #53
Originally posted by THRAWN:
f that were true, why is it then these South American Indians still live primitive lives if they take these drugs and can "contact" this higher power?

This statement makes my soul f***ing hurt. You will never know how much it does. It represents everything I find offensive with the ideas of the Western world.
:master::master::master:
2005-10-18, 7:07 AM #54
Originally posted by stat:
This statement makes my soul f***ing hurt. You will never know how much it does. It represents everything I find offensive with the ideas of the Western world.

Although I know I'm nowhere near as spiritual as you with this, I know how you feel.
D E A T H
2005-10-18, 8:26 AM #55
Originally posted by Wolfy:
What if there are purple dinosaurs in orbit of Saturn?

OMQ!!11one

[http://members.cox.net/obi_kwiet/Saturn-inside_rings.jpg]
2005-10-18, 10:55 AM #56
What if your mind is similarly defective, and these substances correct our perception of reality?

With vision, the standard we base our judgments of its operation off of is what the default state is for eyes that haven't been damaged/strained/etc. yet. Once they deviate from that standard, then we try to fix them. People don't start off wearing glasses.

Similarly for the mind, the standard doesn't start off using hallucinogens (or anything else) but as individuals gradually become damaged/strained/defective, we start medicating them. The assumption here is that the mind is working adequately before the introduction of hallucinogens etc.

So the standards we use are based on an average overall state that is accepted as the norm, and as individuals stray further from this norm we start trying to fix them. The norms let us judge someone's survivability in the environment and viability in society (where the mind norms can vary, different cultures may have different mind norms.)

As for survivability/viability in an environment where extra-terrestrials have been introduced... I have no clue. But for the majority of us who aren't talking to aliens or driving through bat country, the standards still apply.

Anyway, just a few random thoughts. I have a feeling solipsism fits in here somewhere, but I'm late for class.
2005-10-18, 11:23 AM #57

And in my response to Rob, I stated

Quote:
However, the article discusses how these people could be trying to contact us to tell us about them. If they were "enlightened" they would not have had the technology to build a craft to send the DNA to this planet.

No response to that as of yet. If these drugs are a way to open up the mind to these higher powers, what are they trying to tell us? How could this higher power of reached enlightenment *AND* the technology to conquer time and space and hell, human evolution as well? Did they reach enlightenment first, then use technology? If they reached enlightenment, who cares about if their society dies out? Who cares if they advance in technology, they are enlightened, the technology needed is beneath them. I am not saying this is or is not the truth about these drugs. I am just saying that if the people down there are in touch with our ancestors in another dimension, and this is the way of enlightenment, how could they reach enlightenment and retain the technological needs to cause human evolution.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-10-18, 3:19 PM #58
Unfortunately, the article wears the same cultural blinders that you do. In the ayahuasca experience, alien only refers to the fact that just about every participant comes in contact with entities that are seperate from the individual. This doesn't necessarily mean grey men in UFOs.

Amazonian tribes are not "druggies," nor are they primitive, in their own view. This is only true when you take a stance of cultural elitism.
:master::master::master:
2005-10-18, 3:53 PM #59
Unfortunately, the article wears the same cultural blinders that you do. In the ayahuasca experience, alien only refers to the fact that just about every participant comes in contact with entities that are seperate from the individual. This doesn't necessarily mean grey men in UFOs.

Amazonian tribes are not "druggies," nor are they primitive, in their own view. This is only true when you take a stance of cultural elitism.

I never really said they meant little grey men with big eyes. In the article though it mentioned aliens from a far away galaxy could have sent the genetic material here to help evolve this planet. Even if that planet contained humans with xx and xy and the same DNA double helix, etc. they wouldn't be from this planet.

And as far as primitive, yes perhaps I am taking a form of cultural elitism. But if you got sick in the Amazon jungle and needed to get your arm or leg cut off as a result, and you got sick in New York City and needed your arm or leg cut off, which would hold better medical technology to prevent infections or other health related problems? Yes, it may be a cultural elitism, I will admit that. But still, again, people not born on this planet need to send DNA to this planet, use technology.

Put it this way, the world is gonna end next year. The only chance for humans to survive from this planet is to launch either ourselves, or our DNA to another planet and hope that through evolution it will survive. *If*, and this is a big IF here, if the Amazonians believe that we were put on this planet as a result from another world, and they want to preserve the human race, do they have the capability? Apparently these other people from this other planet had that capability, if you believe we come from another planet.

In all honesty, I would be open to the belief that while we have evolved here on this planet, we have had help from a form of higher power (not necessarily God and the Garden of Eden though I won't dismiss that) but perhaps we were placed here by an alien race somehow. Ever since I was able to remember, I always wondered that perhaps there is another more advanced civilization in this universe that was watching us as part of a test.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-10-19, 7:47 AM #60
wow this got real ugly.

I'm sure those aliens are spinning in their graves.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-10-19, 8:14 AM #61
Everyone needs a big hug.

{---------'v'------------}
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-10-19, 6:59 PM #62
Just so you know, it's logically impossible to prove that our scenes reflect any sort of reality. It's just something most people take as a presupposition.

Not primitive? Do they have millions of people using state-of-the-art communication tech. to have flame wars over video card companies? I think not!
2005-10-19, 7:02 PM #63
Of course, we all know that the true reality is that we're in the matrix.
Stuff
2005-10-19, 7:32 PM #64
[http://keanu.org/photos/matrixDVD/cap350.jpg]

I want to show you these things, I found them on the ground last week, the playground. You can have one if you want......you can't take the red one though, that's mine.
2005-10-19, 7:39 PM #65
^what the heck?^
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-10-19, 9:33 PM #66
Originally posted by Macro_Roshuma:
^what the heck?^
Uh, rather obvious reference to the Matrix. You know, the whole "red pill, blue pill" thing?
2005-10-20, 1:17 PM #67
http://knoxskorner.com/movies.php

Scroll down the "The Matrix", hilarious stuff.

↑ Up to the top!