Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → *drools* I.. Can't.. Wait
*drools* I.. Can't.. Wait
2005-10-17, 8:39 PM #1
CoD 2 slated to come out this month!
Attachment: 7895/call-of-duty-2-20050708043615845.jpg (64,393 bytes)
2005-10-17, 8:43 PM #2
Greatness.
2005-10-17, 8:44 PM #3
[http://darkestspiral.greentinted.com/temp/ethan.gif]
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-17, 8:44 PM #4
HOLY SWEET CRAP
2005-10-17, 8:52 PM #5
Im buying it because the demo ruled.
2005-10-17, 9:01 PM #6
Smokin'.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-10-17, 9:02 PM #7
DAMN YOU, GAME INDUSTRY! F.E.A.R., Stubbs the Zombie, Call of Cthulhu (hopefully),CoD 2, and some other awesome games that I'm probably forgetting, all in the same month? Why must you do this to us, you sick, sick bastards!
2005-10-17, 9:03 PM #8
I'll care when DoD:S looses its momentum.
D E A T H
2005-10-17, 9:13 PM #9
I got a lovely CoD2 T-shirt for 5 bucks when I pre-ordered it.

Yay for it coming out soon!! *totally excited*
2005-10-17, 9:14 PM #10
Recycled gameplay with shinier graphics on top. It's like someone took a picture of the gaming industry's soul.
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-17, 9:47 PM #11
Bah, whatever. This game will be delicious.
2005-10-17, 10:50 PM #12
Originally posted by FancyMan:
Recycled gameplay with shinier graphics on top. It's like someone took a picture of the gaming industry's soul.

I have no problem with recycled game play whenthe game play kicked ***.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-17, 10:51 PM #13
Same here.

That looks kinda hot, never played much of the original, that could be fun.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-17, 11:02 PM #14
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
Bah, whatever. This game will be delicious.

Consumers like this are what is wrong with the game industry.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-17, 11:05 PM #15
That makes no sense, if he likes the game, he likes the game.
2005-10-17, 11:17 PM #16
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Consumers like this are what is wrong with the game industry.

And what leads you to this brilliiant insight?
Pissed Off?
2005-10-17, 11:20 PM #17
CoD2 has nice smoke effects.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-17, 11:22 PM #18
Originally posted by Avenger:
And what leads you to this brilliiant insight?

When presented with the truth, he decided to blow it off because of t3h 4wsome 6rafi><!
Attachment: 7900/catattack2lx.gif (98,109 bytes)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-17, 11:29 PM #19
Except that you're assuming he doesn't CoD's gameplay to begin with.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-17, 11:37 PM #20
If he was content with CoD's gameplay he wouldn't be buying CoD2.

/enter graphics
2005-10-17, 11:50 PM #21
except for the fact that, you know, CoD2 is a new game. it has more to it than just the graphics.
Moo.
2005-10-18, 12:18 AM #22

/enter graphics

/enter flame war
2005-10-18, 3:31 AM #23
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
except for the fact that, you know, CoD2 is a new game. it has more to it than just the graphics.

How much more?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-10-18, 4:08 AM #24
Guys there is no way that is in game... I mean... remember the commericals for X-Men Legends 2 they look amazing... so you bought the game only to realize it was nothing more than a Balders Gate rip...
2005-10-18, 5:11 AM #25
[QUOTE=DJ Insaneo]Guys there is no way that is in game... I mean... remember the commericals for X-Men Legends 2 they look amazing... so you bought the game only to realize it was nothing more than a Balders Gate rip...[/QUOTE]

...right. Except X-Men Legends was freaking AWESOME.

I'll eventually get this game because Call of Duty has great atmosphere and awesome gameplay. If I wanted sexy graphics, I'd stick with FEAR or soemthing.
D E A T H
2005-10-18, 7:26 AM #26
[QUOTE=DJ Insaneo]Guys there is no way that is in game... I mean... remember the commericals for X-Men Legends 2 they look amazing... so you bought the game only to realize it was nothing more than a Balders Gate rip...[/QUOTE]

I thought the Demo of CoD2 looked as good as that screenshot.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-18, 8:26 AM #27
You know, Freelancer and FancyMan, you are the problem with the gaming industry.

Answer me this, why change a winning formula? Call of Duty 1 had amazing gameplay and intensive action. No matter how content one can be with amazing gameplay or graphics, it remains the same bloody missions over and over again.

CoD 2 is a new game, even with "identical gameplay" it would feature upgraded (and simply amazing) graphics, featuring a ton of new missions to blast your way through. So I frankly don't see your point.

Recycled gameplay? Yea, cuz it was ****ing awesome to begin with. If someone recycled, say, JK's outdated and simplistic gameplay, and beefed it up with new graphics, then I'd be crying "recycled boohoo" like you did. But thats not whats happening with CoD2.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-10-18, 8:30 AM #28
The trouble with COD, and especially COD 2, is that there is almost no motivation not to get shot. It's like "Ok, I've been hit about 12 times with 8mm bullets from mausers, and if I don't hide behind that crate for a sec, I'll die. But first, let me take out these guys over here."

The dammage needs to be upped to belivabe levels first. DoD:S had good dammage, and that's one of the reasons I like it.
2005-10-18, 8:35 AM #29
Originally posted by Jepman:
You know, Freelancer and FancyMan, you are the problem with the gaming industry.

Answer me this, why change a winning formula?

By the time we get to CoD 4 I hope you realize why. :rolleyes: Just look at the industry as a whole. No one is bold enough to start something original anymore. Everything these days is a sequal, or could easily be a sequal to other games in the genre.
2005-10-18, 8:37 AM #30
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
The trouble with COD, and especially COD 2, is that there is almost no motivation not to get shot. It's like "Ok, I've been hit about 12 times with 8mm bullets from mausers, and if I don't hide behind that crate for a sec, I'll die. But first, let me take out these guys over here."

The dammage needs to be upped to belivabe levels first. DoD:S had good dammage, and that's one of the reasons I like it.

Play it on Hard. Or just go play a Rainbow game.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-18, 8:45 AM #31
Some people seem to be missing that this is Call of Duty 2. It's not even pretending to be something new, it's a newer version of something that came before it.

We're talking about a World War 2 first person shooter here, there is not really a huge scope for things to be very different. Shoot Nazis, watch your teammates die, maybe drive a tank or a jeep, realise that war is horrible, rinse, repeat.

Hell if CoD2 wasnt just a shinier version of CoD I'd be up in arms. The original game was good enough that it deserves a better-looking sequel.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-18, 8:52 AM #32
By the time we get to CoD 4 I hope you realize why. :rolleyes: Just look at the industry as a whole. No one is bold enough to start something original anymore. Everything these days is a sequal, or could easily be a sequal to other games in the genre.

we are running out of WW2 to cover here... we've covered europe (to such an excessive level it's almost boring to go back to europe in a WW2 game) this one looks to cover africa, all that's really left for CoD is the pacific

which i really wouldn't mind because the majority of WW2 FPS games set in the pacific tend to be... not so great

i think we may run out of WW2 before CoD4 can be made
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-10-18, 8:54 AM #33
I'd want a game where you can conduct aerial bombardments on London, Dresden and other cities, as well as have some multiplayer mode where you can use airplanes, tanks and other stuff in some funky FPS mode. Such a great Jesus game hybrid of many genres will probably never be released.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-18, 9:05 AM #34
yeah i was thinking of what would happen if you took BF42, increased the players so you could have truly massive battles, and cranked up the realism quite a bit (so things like needing 4 direct bazooka hits to kill someone who is ON FOOT won't happen)... give vehicles more of a sim-like feel to the way they handle.. also make it so to use certain vehicles you need to meet some skill requirements... like take some kind of test where if you pass you can if you fail you simply cannot drive (or fly) the vehicle

the best way to make this type of game work though would probably be some type of MMO game
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-10-18, 9:13 AM #35

It IS in-game... Play the demo. :rolleyes:

Those graphics are not even that special. I don't understand how you think thats not in-game....
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-10-18, 9:22 AM #36
My computer desk just became slightly soggier... :o
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-10-18, 9:47 AM #37

/enter graphics

That is some of the ****tiest logic I've seen in my life.
2005-10-18, 9:50 AM #38
Those are nice smoke effects!
2005-10-18, 11:48 AM #39

/enter graphics

Sorry, but no. If CoD2 were simply CoD with better graphics then your point would be valid, but it's not.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-18, 11:57 AM #40
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Those are nice smoke effects!

The smoke ingame (unless its something with my video card or options) is still not that great as you still see clear cuts at the ground for every sprite.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless

↑ Up to the top!