Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → *drools* I.. Can't.. Wait
*drools* I.. Can't.. Wait
2005-10-18, 12:06 PM #41
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Everything these days is a sequal, or could easily be a sequal to other games in the genre.

that's because the fans want sequels. some of our best media is in the form of sequels; star wars, indiana jones, lord of the rings, etc, because when people like something, they want more of it, and when a company is able to not just give them more, but improve it, then they've done their job fantastically. why is this a bad thing?
Moo.
2005-10-18, 4:33 PM #42
In light of the game, I'm buying a new rig. The one I currently have is 4 years old... and certainly won't be able to handle this game! I'm getting so pumped for it!
2005-10-18, 4:39 PM #43
your system probably could.... if you use DX7 mode... which makes it look and run alot like CoD1
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-10-18, 4:51 PM #44
I'm spending my own money, on a whole new rig.

It's been long overdue.
2005-10-18, 5:03 PM #45
Now I'm glad I paid 400 dollars for a video card a year ago. Looks like this ***** will last me for another couple years at least.
D E A T H
2005-10-18, 5:05 PM #46
/me steals Yoshi's graphics card
2005-10-18, 5:07 PM #47
I'm getting the Xbox360 for this and Oblivion. And Halo 3 when it comes out. (They HAVE to make it, after hte ending of that last one!) :D
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-18, 5:11 PM #48
Originally posted by Zell:
I'm getting the Xbox360 for this and Oblivion. And Halo 3 when it comes out. (They HAVE to make it, after hte ending of that last one!) :D

I'm laughing at your choice of unpatchability, unmoddability, inferior netcoding, and inferior controls for a box you have no control over for what are two of, seriously, the most modded games, with one of them being a game whose base is primarily centered in online play.

But it's up to you.
D E A T H
2005-10-18, 5:44 PM #49
Originally posted by Jepman:
If someone recycled, say, JK's outdated and simplistic gameplay, and beefed it up with new graphics, then I'd be crying "recycled boohoo" like you did.

http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/forumdisplay.php?f=30
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-18, 7:22 PM #50
that's not a new game... you fail at the internet
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-10-18, 7:43 PM #51
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I'm laughing at your choice of unpatchability, unmoddability, inferior netcoding, and inferior controls for a box you have no control over for what are two of, seriously, the most modded games, with one of them being a game whose base is primarily centered in online play.

But it's up to you.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing it because there's no way in hell I can get enough money for a PC that will run COD2, and my current computer sure can't. :(
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-18, 8:51 PM #52
Originally posted by Zell:
I'm doing it because there's no way in hell I can get enough money for a PC that will run COD2, and my current computer sure can't. :(

For 400 bucks you can get a 6800GT and a 3500+. That leaves you responsible for a 100 dollar motherboard, and 100 dollars for a gig of RAM. 600 bucks buys you an excellent gaming rig, these days.
D E A T H
2005-10-19, 8:38 PM #53
Ssshhh... stop proving me wrong. <.<

Plus, I'm a lazy *** *****, so installing all this would be too much. :p
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-19, 8:43 PM #54
FancyMan, not that I never went oooh aaahh over that project either. But they aren't going commercial with it. Its a bunch of guy doing it for fun.

The day they announce me they are releasing a game with that engine.... I'll cry.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-10-19, 9:11 PM #55
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I'm laughing at your choice of unpatchability, unmoddability, inferior netcoding, and inferior controls for a box you have no control over for what are two of, seriously, the most modded games, with one of them being a game whose base is primarily centered in online play.

But it's up to you.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for Truth.
2005-10-19, 10:22 PM #56
Oddly enough... Halo on the Xbox lagged less than it did for the computer...
2005-10-19, 10:28 PM #57
[QUOTE=DJ Insaneo]Oddly enough... Halo on the Xbox lagged less than it did for the computer...[/QUOTE]
Crappy ports FTW
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-10-20, 8:54 AM #58
[QUOTE=DJ Insaneo]Oddly enough... Halo on the Xbox lagged less than it did for the computer...[/QUOTE]

Gearbox. It's not odd at all.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!