Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Doom Doom Doom Doom Doom!
Doom Doom Doom Doom Doom!
2005-10-22, 8:55 AM #1
Sucked.

Imps and Hellknights aren't really from hell, they are just mutated humans. There IS no hell in this movie. It's some science lab that finds out how to make people super humans. So then this lady finds out some people turn into mutant freaks (imps etc..) when they get injected with this, and some people just turn super human. So people die and become imps and blah blah blah, then this guy dies and his sister injects him with the super human stuff. Well the guy doesn't turn into a imp he turns into a superhuman, so when he wakes up he is in the FPS view. The next 5 mins is this ultra cheesey, FPS view that made me want to die. He stands up and he kills like 40 zombies with his gun and then he goes into a room where he kills pinky with a chainsaw. (The 'Pinky Demon' was actually some guy named pinky with two wheels for legs...so naturally the 'pinky demon' has wheels instead of back legs...Crap.) Oh I forgot to mention Sarge (The Rock) isn't the main character, he is actually the bad guy. The main character is some other guy that I forgot his name. Sarge almost turns into a demon..but he gets blown up...and yeah this movie just sucked.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-22, 8:56 AM #2
I expected it to suck. Oh well.
2005-10-22, 8:57 AM #3
i thought the movie was pretty darn cool
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-10-22, 9:12 AM #4
FIRST PERSON CHAINSAW THIS MOVIE IS AUTOMATIC AWESOME
2005-10-22, 9:13 AM #5
I really wanted to see it.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-10-22, 9:29 AM #6
[http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/319/1042/1600/gir%20and%20cupcake.jpg]
2005-10-22, 9:59 AM #7
It was hilarious I loved it!

I actually reccomend it, but you better go in there expecting to laugh and be like hey this looks pretty cool and then laugh some more and just enjoy lots monsters and ridiculously big guns and stuff.

Saw it yesterday.

Seriously, it was alright! I had low expectations, and it was quite entertaining, although far from intelligent.
2005-10-22, 10:13 AM #8
I just noticed that the spoiler tags don't work for topic mouseover...

Not that it matters to me, considering I'm not interested in Doom 3 at all.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-10-22, 10:16 AM #9
Oh wait, this is about the movie...sorry.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-10-22, 11:29 AM #10
Dude, SAJN, you need to lighten up. That movie was pretty damned fun.
>>untie shoes
2005-10-22, 12:42 PM #11
The movie was pretty bad. We're talking Super Mario Brothers bad. The best part was the FPS part just because it was so damn cheesy you were almost forced to like it.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-10-22, 12:49 PM #12
Originally posted by Bill:
Dude, SAJN, you need to lighten up. That movie was pretty damned fun.

Really... you're judging it way too harshly.

First off, I kinda agree that the whole chrosome thing was weird but it could make sense. Secondly, the FPS view was the coolest part of the movie and I loved it. Third, the main charcter is not just some guy that pulled out of nowhere. He was in fact the actor who played as the son of Theodon for Lord of the Rings(I think his name was Eomer). Destroyer was definitely the coolest soldier in the movie. Unfortunatley, he dies. :(

All of the friends I took to this movie said it rocked and so did I. Definitely one of the better "game to movie" movies.

Edit:

[QUOTE=Darth J]The movie was pretty bad. We're talking Super Mario Brothers bad. The best part was the FPS part just because it was so damn cheesy you were almost forced to like it.[/QUOTE]

Super Mario Brothers bad... I don't think so. Doom is way better than that movie.
No sig.
2005-10-22, 1:05 PM #13
The whole fight scene at the end was ridiculous. He knew he was turning into a monster, but he still decided to throw down his weapon and go hand to hand. WHY? Shoot the ******* and leave nothing to chance. It was just a cheap way to have a "cool" fight scene, because a movie ins't a movie without our main characters doing insanely over-the-top combat moves against each other. Add that to the fact that throughout the movie there were like, 4 monsters the entire time, and you end up with a generic disappointing movie.

I knew it was going to be bad, but I was at least expecting them to encounter some SERIOUSLY disturbing stuff in a monster-infested research base. Instead we get a group of *******s shooting a bunch of innocent people, and 3 or for 4 scientists-turned monsters.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-10-22, 1:08 PM #14
I thought this was about Invader Zim.

:(
2005-10-22, 1:12 PM #15
Am I the only one that actually LIKED the mario brothers movie?..
2005-10-22, 1:24 PM #16
Nope.

Something I don't understand is why people expect masterpieces from everything they see. Accept stuff for what it is. Christ.
D E A T H
2005-10-22, 1:28 PM #17
Originally posted by Stinkywrix:
I thought this was about Invader Zim.

:(

So did I, hence my post :)
2005-10-22, 1:45 PM #18
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Nope.

Something I don't understand is why people expect masterpieces from everything they see. Accept stuff for what it is. Christ.[/QUOTE]
Which is exactly why doom is a fun as hell movie.

And Doom could have been oscar worthy, and Sajn would be sitting around saying "omg! Half life 2 looks so much better! This movie looks like plastic..."
>>untie shoes
2005-10-22, 1:53 PM #19
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Nope.

Something I don't understand is why people expect masterpieces from everything they see. Accept stuff for what it is. Christ.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Like I said, some people are way too hypocritical. Doesn't mean you can't state your opinion, it's just you make seem that everything has to come from the game to make it perfect.
No sig.
2005-10-22, 2:41 PM #20
Well, it's safe to say that John Carmack at least won't lose money. He has expanded his abilities to milk the cash cow. Now he must aim for such mastery of cash cow milking that is associated with GL.
2005-10-22, 3:55 PM #21
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Well, it's safe to say that John Carmack at least won't lose money. He has expanded his abilities to milk the cash cow. Now he must aim for such mastery of cash cow milking that is associated with GL.

Use the cow luke!

The what?

If it can save star-wars from 2 crappy movies it can save you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That quote gave me an image of GL using the force to milk a bunch of cows...then money came out.....am i mentally odd?
2005-10-22, 4:33 PM #22
I finally realize why the Scientist's name... Carmack... sounded sorta familiar. :)

It's good! Watch and enjoy the silliness.
2005-10-22, 4:55 PM #23
Some parts were cool. Worth 5 bucks I paid to see it.

Now, if we could see movies made out of games had a plot and characters to begin with...
2005-10-22, 5:21 PM #24
Originally posted by Bender:
Some parts were cool. Worth 5 bucks I paid to see it.

Now, if we could see movies made out of games had a plot and characters to begin with...

kotor movie
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-10-22, 5:23 PM #25
Halo movie.

If they make it... right. If they really want to, they could make a great, story-driven movie w/ character developement and all that nonsense out of halo... they just gotta actually do it instead of turnin' it into a shoot-em-up.
2005-10-22, 5:23 PM #26
Originally posted by 7:
kotor movie

sexy
2005-10-22, 6:00 PM #27
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Am I the only one that actually LIKED the mario brothers movie?..

No. I enjoyed it when it came out. I may watch it again if its on TV, but only if nothing else is on.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-22, 11:06 PM #28
I loved Doom. It was a good action movie.
I'll pick it up once its on dvd too.

Totally worth the 10 bucks

Good corny fun.
2005-10-23, 1:22 AM #29
peter jackson is directing the halo moive. and appanrtly he likes the game also so maby it will be good.
Take that there and put it in here
2005-10-23, 6:45 AM #30
I liked the Mario Brothers movie.

DooM was a good movie if you want expecting a straight shoot-em-up action movie. It had good CGI, and (THANKFULLY) the Hell Barons and Imps were done mostly using guys in suits, so it really added to the quality of the movie. The first-person sequence was actually good, and lasted just the right amount. All in all, I'd give it 3/5 stars.

[quote=Darth J]It was just a cheap way to have a "cool" fight scene, because a movie ins't a movie without our main characters doing insanely over-the-top combat moves against each other.[/quote]

Well...yeah. That's all it really was. That much was obvious.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-23, 6:48 AM #31
I figured the movie would be like the game: a sentence or two of a plot/story, the rest just shooting stuff.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-10-23, 7:19 AM #32
It probably would have been better as Doom: The movie of the book of the game.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-10-23, 9:35 AM #33
At least it was better than the comic

http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php

:p
2005-10-23, 9:55 AM #34
Originally posted by Overlord:

Oh god that is HORRIBLE :p
And I read too much Naruto Manga, I totaly realized on page 10 I had been reading from right to left.
2005-10-23, 10:09 AM #35
hahaha, KNEE DEEP IN THE DEAD!!!

That's so incredibly corny.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-23, 10:20 AM #36
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]Oh god that is HORRIBLE :p
And I read too much Naruto Manga, I totaly realized on page 10 I had been reading from right to left.[/QUOTE]
There is nothing wrong with reading manga, but yes, movie > comic book, tho the comic book was quite funnierishly............ :em321:
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2005-10-23, 10:22 AM #37
Hehe. The comic is great!

"I LIKE WHAT I SEE! AN IMPORTANT LOOKING DOOR. KNOCK KNOCK. WHO'S THERE? ME ME ME ME ME"
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-23, 10:56 AM #38
Originally posted by Overlord:

omg that is hilarious
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-10-23, 11:02 AM #39
Guys, don't make fun of him, he's gone berserk. If you skipa head a few pages you'll see that it wears off and he goes back to norm....err...nevermind.
Warhead[97]
2005-10-23, 11:03 AM #40
The radioactive bit was classic.

"Now I'm radioactive! That can't be good!"

↑ Up to the top!