Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Doom Doom Doom Doom Doom!
Doom Doom Doom Doom Doom!
2005-10-23, 12:06 PM #41
"Why can't we find a way to dispose of radioactive waste and protect the environment?"

:rolleyes:
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-10-23, 1:43 PM #42
I hope The Rock does well in his film career, I really do.

That said, Doom looks poo. :p
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2005-10-23, 3:12 PM #43
I totally enjoyed that movie.

Cheese? Yep. Doom-less storyline? Yep*.

Still, loved the action, and no matter how cheese the first person part was, I love it.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-10-23, 3:34 PM #44
Originally posted by Bender:
Some parts were cool. Worth 5 bucks I paid to see it.

Now, if we could see movies made out of games had a plot and characters to begin with...

FFVIIAC
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-23, 3:59 PM #45
That is the best comic ever.

ever.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-10-23, 4:25 PM #46
RIP AND TEAR

RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS

:p woo
2005-10-23, 4:53 PM #47
I thought Doom was very very fun. It's not a great movie by any standards, but it was certainly fun as hell to watch.

I enjoyed every second of the FPS scene, although it reminded me more of Area 51 arcade came than Doom.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-10-23, 4:58 PM #48
I love how The one demon/monster just has a chainsaw for no reason:p
2005-10-23, 6:04 PM #49
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
"Why can't we find a way to dispose of radioactive waste and protect the environment?"

:rolleyes:

Um...you know that smiley is supposed to signify sarcasm or disdain, right? :p
2005-10-23, 6:15 PM #50
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Um...you know that smiley is supposed to signify sarcasm or disdain, right? :p

Yeah..I'm thinking it's probably something like "wtf is this doing int his comic"
D E A T H
2005-10-23, 6:46 PM #51
i love how little they explained

and how they went from like half an hour of science information DIRECTLY to a shot of a guy walking down a halway and having his head BEAR CLAWED OFF. yes.
2005-10-23, 7:20 PM #52
God that movie was so horrible.

And I love it. I had tears coming down my face when they did the first person view sequence because I was laughing so hard. Definately worth the...oh wait I got a free ticket, nevermind.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-10-23, 7:23 PM #53
I got a bmovie vibe from it. So bad its good.
2005-10-23, 7:29 PM #54
Haven't seen it yet, because FEAR took half my damn paycheck, but I'm hoping to catch it this weekend. And from the comments in this thread so far, it sounds like it should be a pretty fun experience. :)
2005-10-23, 7:39 PM #55
Originally posted by Overlord:
I got a bmovie vibe from it. So bad its good.

Exactly. This movie was so incredibly bad, it managed to self implode and become a really good movie. Definately one of the better movies Ive seen the last couple years, because it starts out like a story line then it's like "Ok enough talk, time to kill ****"

Very 1950s sci-fi genres that just said "Ok lets make the audience motion sickness for a few minutes."
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-10-23, 8:07 PM #56
Ah, Doom for the atheist generation.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-10-23, 8:25 PM #57
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Yeah..I'm thinking it's probably something like "wtf is this doing int his comic"[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking...
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-10-23, 9:42 PM #58
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
Ah, Doom for the atheist generation.
Really, why are people so hung up about this? The demons teleporting in from hell was just a device used to justify throwing hordes of monsters at you. It doesn't really matter where they come from, as long as there's a ****load of them, and they're really ugly.
2005-10-23, 9:47 PM #59
But...HELL! FROM HELL! It's way cooler.
Warhead[97]
2005-10-23, 9:51 PM #60
Originally posted by Primate:
Really, why are people so hung up about this? The demons teleporting in from hell was just a device used to justify throwing hordes of monsters at you. It doesn't really matter where they come from, as long as there's a ****load of them, and they're really ugly.

Chill out crazy man, Grismath is being funny. :)
2005-10-23, 9:53 PM #61
I enjoyed all references they made to the game, especially when Sarge goes 'Big ****ing gun.' The likeness of the environments to the game really impressed me, I only wish they had made a reference to things looking like plastic.
2005-10-23, 10:33 PM #62
Doctor Carmack was a good reference I think.
2005-10-24, 7:42 AM #63
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/images/comics/ENG_20051024.jpg
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-24, 8:18 AM #64
Sounds like fun.
I'll probably watch it, when I come across it on TV or so...
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-10-24, 8:23 AM #65
[QUOTE=stinkey diver]peter jackson is directing the halo moive. and appanrtly he likes the game also so maby it will be good.[/QUOTE]
Executive Producer. Not Director.

Haven't seen Doom yet, but I plan too, it looks too absurdly stupid to pass up. But I'm seeing Serenity again first.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-10-24, 8:27 AM #66
Blashphemy, perhaps, but I'd feel like seeing Doom again more than Serenity.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-10-24, 6:41 PM #67
John Carmack voices his opinion on the Doom movie
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2005-10-24, 6:43 PM #68
Originally posted by Jazzkokehead:

Hehe. "palce"
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-24, 6:53 PM #69
Doom was okay for what it was. Not the best of movies but certainly not the worst.

And I'm glad they didn't do it all in first person... I'm sure it would have flopped if it were all FP -- it would just get too old too fast.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-10-27, 7:50 PM #70
I went to the cinema gearing up to see "Wolf Creek" - a new australian horror film that is apparently so scary that a few people are walking out an certain areas because they just can't take it. Unfortunatly the tickeyt person said it was some advanced screening and I couldn't see it (?). So I thought "why not check out doom". To be completely honest, I didn't get my money's worth. I didn't get that whole "it's so bad it's good" feeling i get from watching braindead or any of the toxic avenger movies. I found it just boring and poorly made. The only good parts were the eyecandy that was the beautiful Rosamund Pike, and the 4 minutes of FPS view (best part of the movie). I much prefer the storyline of the game.
2005-10-27, 8:04 PM #71
Originally posted by Echoman:
Hehe. "palce"

John Carmack is a very busy man! Far too busy to spell things correctly! :p
2005-10-27, 8:28 PM #72
Originally posted by Jazzkokehead:

Haha!

He made money. He's fine.
2005-10-27, 9:08 PM #73
I am really disturbed that so many of you describe the movie as "light", "corny", "fun", "a good time", etc. It was very deep, dark, and disturbing. I mean, by the time Sarge shot the kid through the neck I was ****ing shivering.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-28, 1:23 AM #74
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I am really disturbed that so many of you describe the movie as "light", "corny", "fun", "a good time", etc. It was very deep, dark, and disturbing. I mean, by the time Sarge shot the kid through the neck I was ****ing shivering.

pussy
>>untie shoes
2005-10-28, 1:35 AM #75
Just got back from seeing it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think if you went in there expecting something truly memorable, you were in the wrong mindset. It's a sci-fi action flick, check your brain at the door and enjoy it for what it is.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-10-28, 2:07 AM #76
That's exactly the way I felt about it.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!