Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → GTA: Liberty City Stories
GTA: Liberty City Stories
2005-10-27, 6:31 AM #41
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle]Listen, it's Grand Theft Auto. There has never been a bad GTA game. Even the originals, while not great, were still loads of fun.[/QUOTE]

In fact, in my humble opinion, still the best GTA game ever, is GTA 1. (And GTA London).

The top-down view for chases was the best thing ever, it resulted in some pretty hilarious gameplay. What annoys me most about about the newer 3d versions, is that the topdown view is simply impossible to play with. And exactly that was the best thing about GTA... the car chases are so much more fun than in 3d mode. Simply because you can see the chaos you're causing behind you. Wild chases, and behind you police cars collide, traffic chaos, cars driving into the water to evade you, other cars driving over people because you scared them, totally hilarious. I was so good at that game.... if I get it to work on WinXP I'm going to make a capture of myself playing it, you'll crap your pants from laughter. ;)

GOURANGA!
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-10-27, 6:43 AM #42
Originally posted by Detty:
I would hesitate to give any game ever higher than a 9. 10/10 means flawless, cannot be improved up on in any way, i've never played a game that I haven't been able to think of ways to improve.

Starcraft?

Awesome graphics (for the time), PERFECT balance, great gameplay, interesting storyline, awesome MP, great controls, easy to learn, etc etc.

Only flaw is the lack of a sequel :D
2005-10-27, 10:08 AM #43
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
In fact, in my humble opinion, still the best GTA game ever, is GTA 1. (And GTA London).

The top-down view for chases was the best thing ever, it resulted in some pretty hilarious gameplay. What annoys me most about about the newer 3d versions, is that the topdown view is simply impossible to play with. And exactly that was the best thing about GTA... the car chases are so much more fun than in 3d mode. Simply because you can see the chaos you're causing behind you. Wild chases, and behind you police cars collide, traffic chaos, cars driving into the water to evade you, other cars driving over people because you scared them, totally hilarious. I was so good at that game.... if I get it to work on WinXP I'm going to make a capture of myself playing it, you'll crap your pants from laughter. ;)

GOURANGA!

As far as causing mayhem goes, GTA 2 is the best. I'd go to a busy road, throw down about a dozen oil slicks, and stand in the middle. No video game has ever topped the fun I had while doing that.

Originally posted by Detty:
I would hesitate to give any game ever higher than a 9. 10/10 means flawless, cannot be improved up on in any way, i've never played a game that I haven't been able to think of ways to improve.

LCS isn't a 10, but it's more than a 9. Many review ratings have .25, .5, and .75. I'd personally rate LCS a 9.5 so far, and I do consider that much more than 9.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-10-27, 10:50 AM #44
I give it a 9.5 as well. Its the full package. everything i expected out of a GTA game. Theres honestly more detail than i thought it would have. You can even import your own mp3s from your mem stick to play on car radio. kinda like the pc version. its greatness! I let 2 of my co-workers play it for about 10 mins. they are now going to buy a psp and the game this weekend.
2005-10-27, 11:08 AM #45
Originally posted by lobstersoap:
I give it a 9.5 as well. Its the full package. everything i expected out of a GTA game. Theres honestly more detail than i thought it would have. You can even import your own mp3s from your mem stick to play on car radio. kinda like the pc version. its greatness! I let 2 of my co-workers play it for about 10 mins. they are now going to buy a psp and the game this weekend.

Indeed.
D E A T H
2005-10-27, 11:48 AM #46
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle]As far as causing mayhem goes, GTA 2 is the best. I'd go to a busy road, throw down about a dozen oil slicks, and stand in the middle. No video game has ever topped the fun I had while doing that.[/QUOTE]

True, GTA 2 is tons of fun, I almost forgot. I played it only for a short time, because it won't work with WinXP somehow. Maybe I should find a patch or something.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-10-27, 1:06 PM #47
I saw someone playing it this morning, and it made me want to put a paper bag over my Nintendo DS.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-27, 2:21 PM #48
I wanted to buy a PSP, no one had it so I settled with the DS (it was at the PSP's launch.) My friend had a DS and had recently gotten the PSP. So....I watched him play 30 seconds of Untold legends and promptly returned the DS, then sold my copy of mario brothers to Gamestop (the DAY I bought the DS), and found a PSP the next day at circuit city...the last place I checked.

Excluding a lack of good games, it's amazing.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-10-27, 4:20 PM #49
Originally posted by lobstersoap:
You can even import your own mp3s from your mem stick to play on car radio.

How do you go about doing this exactly?

[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]I saw someone playing it this morning, and it made me want to put a paper bag over my Nintendo DS.[/QUOTE]

Even for a Sony-centric thread there is an extraordinary amount of DS hating here. IMO, the DS is a solid system for the price and the games that have come out for it recently have been very good. Not every day I see a portable game win Game of the Month in EGM (altough I hear GTA:LCS did the same in the upcoming issue).
2005-10-27, 4:32 PM #50
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:

GOURANGA!

Just as fun is putting on flying cars in vice city, and having a car chase watching the police cars fly into trees and buildings ands tuff.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-10-27, 4:35 PM #51
i beleive it finds the mp3s in the root directory on your psp.
then goto the game start menu and goto audio. and enable custom tracks.

↑ Up to the top!