Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Our work still isn't done.
Our work still isn't done.
2005-10-23, 4:05 PM #41
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Phht, RPGS. I don't care about dragons. I care about frags blowing up land bridges and sending people into the depthes below.

Duh[/QUOTE]

Double kill..Multi Kill..Ultra kill...MONSTER KILL! YOU GET A MEDAL OF HONOR!

Sorry, had to do it.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-23, 4:43 PM #42
DJ Yoshi, I don't think Rwanda is the best way of describing what might happen if we pulled out. Look at taleban era Afghanistan or Somalia today. The country would try to split into it's racial/cultural groups. Most likely splitting into clan groups around various clerics or warlords.
Iran would probably try to merge with the Shi'ite regions, the Arabic Sunnis would hold a small enclave and the Kurds would probably try to form the Kurdistan they've been dreaming of for hundreds of years only to have Turkey go absolutely ape**** all over them in fear of separatism from within. God knows what Iran would make of the Kurds too. I agree the only real chance of giving the Iraqi people education, healthcare, civil rights etc, is for the country to remain as one, able to withstand the influence of neighbouring nations. That's only going to happen now if the US and Britain etc stick around and keep the peace until a respected government is installed.
2005-10-23, 4:47 PM #43
Originally posted by Recusant:
DJ Yoshi, I don't think Rwanda is the best way of describing what might happen if we pulled out. Look at taleban era Afghanistan or Somalia today. The country would try to split into it's racial/cultural groups. Most likely splitting into clan groups around various clerics or warlords.
Iran would probably try to merge with the Shi'ite regions, the Arabic Sunnis would hold a small enclave and the Kurds would probably try to form the Kurdistan they've been dreaming of for hundreds of years only to have Turkey go absolutely ape**** all over them in fear of separatism from within. God knows what Iran would make of the Kurds too. I agree the only real chance of giving the Iraqi people education, healthcare, civil rights etc, is for the country to remain as one, able to withstand the influence of neighbouring nations. That's only going to happen now if the US and Britain etc stick around and keep the peace until a respected government is installed.

K, this guy wins.
D E A T H
2005-10-23, 7:34 PM #44
This is just the beggining... many wars will come, until the earth is consumed by them, this has been written, so it shall be done.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-10-23, 7:35 PM #45
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
This is just the beggining... many wars will come, until the earth is consumed by them, this has been written, so it shall be done.

Emo.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-23, 7:35 PM #46

Shut up and go away.
D E A T H
2005-10-23, 8:43 PM #47

Originally posted by Echoman:
Emo

I loved that. Gold, you're a complete emo kid.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-23, 8:44 PM #48
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Shut up and go away.[/QUOTE]

+1
2005-10-23, 9:33 PM #49
Emo.

LOL, that actually made me literally.. laugh out loud.
2005-10-23, 10:20 PM #50
Quote:
The reason the middle east is still so far behind everyone but africa as far as civilization goes is because for the past thousand years or so the entire ****ing world has been taking turns trying to control it. If the rest of the world would just leave them all alone, maybe they could eventually come to a peaceful conclusion on their own.

Precisely. Bill, you rock hard. Except it's been a lot longer than a thousand years. ;)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-23, 11:57 PM #51
I was referring mainly to the crusades as a starting point... of course that would be somewhere like 1500 years ago I think... but you still got the point.
>>untie shoes
2005-10-24, 12:22 AM #52
Emo.

It sure looks like that at first but the last part kind of changes your perception. So I'd say less emo and more PROPHET OF DOOM!

p.s. i can crush a walnut with my butt
2005-10-24, 1:19 AM #53
Originally posted by Bill:
Fighting war for peace is like having sex for virginity.

I hate this saying. Peace is something that can come and go, and can be achieved in many ways. Virginity is nothing like peace.
omnia mea mecum porto

↑ Up to the top!