Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Quick survery for class if you don't mind..
Quick survery for class if you don't mind..
2005-10-23, 1:13 PM #1
Ok just a couple quick questions:

*How often do you go out to eat? (At a restuarant and getting waited on, McDonalds does not count)

*If you typically order the same thing, what will it be?

*Tips, how do you tip? Does the hot waitress get extra? Does the horrible waiter get no tip because the food took so long (Even though that would be the back of houses problem in most cases)

*What's one thing you wish more restuarants woudl serve?
2005-10-23, 1:20 PM #2
How often do you go out to eat? (At a restuarant and getting waited on, McDonalds does not count) Once every two weeks I'd say

If you typically order the same thing, what will it be? Duck (with pancakes etc..)

Tips, how do you tip? Does the hot waitress get extra? Does the horrible waiter get no tip because the food took so long (Even though that would be the back of houses problem in most cases) I read somewhere you tip 10% of what it cost.. so I do unless it was bad service, where they get hardly anything

*what's one thing you wish more restuarants would serve? properly done chips
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2005-10-23, 1:23 PM #3

*How often do you go out to eat? (At a restuarant and getting waited on, McDonalds does not count)

About once a week, maybe two weeks

I don't, at least I try not to. If nothing looks good, I always get the chicken tenders though. (Cause damn near every restraunt has it)

*Tips, how do you tip? Does the hot waitress get extra? Does the horrible waiter get no tip because the food took so long (Even though that would be the back of houses problem in most cases)

15% tip unless the waiter/waitress never checked up on us, rude, couldn't get the bill, etc.

Variety? Not really sure, I usually find something I like at every restraunt.
2005-10-23, 1:24 PM #4
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]Ok just a couple quick questions:

*What's one thing you wish more restuarants woudl serve?[/QUOTE]

A few times a year, not that many.

Something vegetarian, high in protein.

Tip the same! 15%

Artesian Water
2005-10-23, 1:57 PM #5

Very Rarely, about once a month at this point, tops.

I don’t usually order the same thing, but occasionally ill go for a classic fallback food such as chicken parmesan, or General Tso’s chicken, or a Greg burger (Hamburger with Mushrooms, bacon, and provolone cheese)...

15%.
Less if the food was slow, but if the wait staff still tied hard (refilling drinks, keeping us informed on the lack of food...) I will still tip full. I will also tip more if I have been a particularly "evil" customer (finishing a drink right after she serves it, and then asking for a re-fill before she has a chance to even walk away... asking for more than 6 refills in one sitting... strange requests...). Finally, if I’m with a friend (he knows who he is) we occasionally have tipping wars, in which the tip amount may spiral out of control, on more than one occasion reaching over a 100% tip.

*What's one thing you wish more restaurants would serve?

Green Tea Ice-cream... Nothing finishes a good diner off like a bowl of Green Tea Ice-cream (sherbet in some cases).
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2005-10-23, 2:27 PM #6
*How often do you go out to eat?
About once a week. There was a project we were on at my last job where we ate at out every damn day. It got old fast.

I dont, it depends on the type of resturant and what type of mood Im in.

*Tips, how do you tip?
Well.

Does the hot waitress get extra?
You bet your ***. Even more if they flirt.

Does the horrible waiter get no tip because the food took so long
No. Only if the waiter was snide or rude.

God help them if they spit in my eggs.

Fried Catfish.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-10-23, 2:30 PM #7
1. Typically go out to eat at least once a week. Usually every friday night, then sometimes on Saturday

2. I either get Shanghai Chicken Wings, 1/2LB burger, or something spicy

3. "I just don't believe in tipping" - Mr. Pink. But seriously, in the times I've been out without my parents, I give a normal tip. I usually base a good waiter/waitress on if they refill my soda without me asking. Then I know they are good.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-10-23, 2:35 PM #8
How often do you go out to eat?
About once every two weeks.

If you typically order the same thing, what will it be?
I usually order a hamburger or french toast...depends on my mood.

How do you tip?
10% most of the time

Usually.

Does the horrible waiter get no tip because the food took so long?
Not per se...depends on their attitude.

What's one thing you wish more restuarants would serve?
More things with barbeque sauce.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-10-23, 2:45 PM #9
1.) About once every two weeks

2.) Usually the generic "asian chicken salad" a lot of places have, or something with a white pasta sauce.

3.) a.) 15% for average service, 10% for crappy, 20% for great. Nothing if they really sucked.

b.) No, I usually care about the service. Though the subconcious is always at work.

c.) If they fill my drink or attend otherwise, no.

4.) Good bread to go along with the food. Like garlic bread or good rye.
2005-10-23, 3:01 PM #10
Once a week or once every two weeks.
I usually order something different but some form of spicy chicken is my fallback food.
*Tips, how do you tip? Does the hot waitress get extra? Does the horrible waiter get no tip because the food took so long
I tip 15% if they did a "bleh" job, and 20% if they did a decent-good job. I round up my calculations if they did an excellent job. Hot waitresses who flirt get extra because I'm a man, and I respect that. Flirting with weird people for money...I respect that. ;)

More spicy stuff!

Also, Goit, come on man! 10%? No way. 10% is nothing. You need to tip more. :)
Warhead[97]
2005-10-23, 3:03 PM #11
* Once/twice a year? Only on special occasions like birthdays

* Usually some food dish we know, not usually new exotic stuff.

* Usually the accepted rate ie. 10-15% unless it's included in the price.

* Garlic bread. :D
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-10-23, 3:03 PM #12

Not regularly. Hard to say.

Burger and fries. Even at a nice restaurent I love a good burger. Or even just something with some good chicken.

15%, even if it's pretty slow. Service has to be pretty bad to get no tip. The only times I can think of is when I ordered drinks, dying of thirst, and I watched the waitress go and talk to her coworkers for a solid 5 minutes without just grabbing my drink. Also, I have been caught a few times with little or no cash for the tip, but I never shaft on purpose.

I dunno. I guess I could say poutine, but if I want a good one, I know where to go to get it.
2005-10-23, 3:07 PM #13
I go out to eat every week or two weeks.

I usually order a steak of some sort.

I tip depending on how the service was. Good service, lots of money. If the hot waitress hangs her boobs in my face, even more. Sometimes they get really flirty and touchy. That gets alot for a tip. Damn slutty waitresses. On the other hand, it's always funny when I'm out with my buddies and the waitress only flirts with me. They usually tip her less because it pisses them off.
>>untie shoes
2005-10-23, 3:16 PM #14
Haha, yeah. Good waitresses have this practiced method by which they absolutely rape me of my money.
Warhead[97]
2005-10-23, 3:30 PM #15
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]Ok just a couple quick questions:

*What's one thing you wish more restuarants woudl serve?[/QUOTE]

1. about once a week

2. anything with lots of meat

3. I generally tip about 10%, exceptional service gets 15%. Hot waitresses get nothing extra from me, waiters are often overbooked so I don't normally penalize for poor service unless I'm the only one in the restaurant at the time.

4. I wish more restaurants would serve bread or something for free while I'm waiting for the meal.
2005-10-23, 3:31 PM #16
Eh, about once every 1-2 weeks.

I usually don't. Usually spicy stuff / buffet or if I'm at Kelsey's, the barbecue chicken pizza.

10%, unless they're REALLY rude or insanely nice.

More spicy stuff.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-10-23, 5:07 PM #17
By the way, were you aware that waiters/waitresses only make like..$2.00 and hour? It's way below minimum wage....the rest they have to make with tips.
Warhead[97]
2005-10-23, 5:50 PM #18
Bob, it depends on the state and establishment. In California they actually have to make standard minimum wage. Some places it's only 1/2 wage. Usually it is around 4.50
And if they do not make enough to cover min. wage, they will be paid that much anyways. They HAVE to make min. wage, with tips or without. But if they can do it with tips, the wage stays low.
Edit - and thanks for all your responces so far!
2005-10-23, 6:21 PM #19
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
By the way, were you aware that waiters/waitresses only make like..$2.00 and hour? It's way below minimum wage....the rest they have to make with tips.

My friend is a waiter. He makes a hell of a lot more than min wage, and that is not including tips. His tips alone make him around 3k each month.

He must be a damned good waiter.
>>untie shoes
2005-10-23, 6:46 PM #20
Perhaps, then, it is only in my town that this is true.
Warhead[97]
2005-10-23, 6:47 PM #21
Originally posted by Bill:
My friend is a waiter. He makes a hell of a lot more than min wage, and that is not including tips. His tips alone make him around 3k each month.

He must be a damned good waiter.

Your friend must give table head.
D E A T H
2005-10-23, 6:47 PM #22
What's wrong with you people?

ARTESIAN WATER. >.>
2005-10-23, 6:53 PM #23
It must pay off... he's got a brand new car.
>>untie shoes
2005-10-23, 7:18 PM #24
I go out 3 or 4 times a week. I usually order chicken strips or some other, similar meal. I always tip 20% of what the total bill was, good or bad service.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-10-23, 7:21 PM #25
- At least 2-3 times a week.

- I like to mix it up, but there's always ye old faithfuls like pasta.

- The hot waitress gets extra, but everyone always gets something. The other week the waiter dropped my friends pasta all down his pants and over my shoe. We gave him a good tip because it was clearly an accident and otherwise the service was good. Besides, damn was it funny.

- Gelati. That stuff's good.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-23, 11:18 PM #26
Once in a great while. Maybe every 2-3 months. Though there was a point during the summer when I was going out 2-3 times per week. It hurt the pocketbook.

I try to vary what I order. Though if I'm not paying and I can order whatever I want (usually when I'm out with my parents) I'll have some sort of steak.

*Tips, how do you tip?
I try to tip pretty well. It's usually at least $2, unless I'm short on cash. Then I'll tip on the credit card receipt. If my meal costs more than $10, I'll tip about 15-20%.

Not really, unless she did her job exceptionally well.

Does the horrible waiter get no tip because the food took so long (Even though that would be the back of houses problem in most cases)
No. If the waiter is rude or ignores me, then I'll drop the tip to 5-10%

Ethnic food that's not faux Mexican, Italian or Chinese. I'd really like to see some restaurants serve authentic Eastern European, French, Middle Eastern, and Indian cuisine.
serve traditional French,
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-10-24, 12:43 AM #27
1. Once or twice a month

2. Try to get something different everytime.

3. Only to round up to the nearest dollar (tipping isn't as popular in australia, and I'm poor)

4. sushi
2005-10-24, 3:37 AM #28
- Very, very infrequently. Probably twice a year, max?
- Whatever I can stomach. I'm a picky eater.
- Whatever change I have.
- Something I'll eat.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-10-24, 3:43 AM #29
How often do you go out to eat? (At a restuarant and getting waited on, McDonalds does not count)

Once in a three months or so, I have this habit of getting insta-poor by going to restaurants.

Something related to pasta or meat. Last time it was pasta and meatballs.

Tips, how do you tip? Does the hot waitress get extra? Does the horrible waiter get no tip because the food took so long (Even though that would be the back of houses problem in most cases)

I have never given tips. I don't even know if that's a habit here. Probably because of my insta-low budget too. Then I guess I would tip 1 euro for good service and 50 cents for not-so-good.

What's one thing you wish more restaurants would serve?

Never had problems with them restaurangen, but I guess... more food?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-24, 4:26 AM #30

about two or three times a week, I usually avoid fast food and I like good food...

grilled veggie platter w/ hummus and pitas

usually round up, then 20%. If the service is bad, then I usually do less of course, but if the waiter is trying then I tip up. And of course beautiful people deserve more money because it forces ugly people out of the business=no money=no sex=no reproduction of their obviously **** genes.

blood pudding or REAL fries, not this **** that America tries to pass off as fries. I want em crunchy w/ mayo, thanks.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-10-24, 5:41 AM #31
1. At least once a week, probably a couple of times.
2. I try and mix things up, but I'm partial to anything with rice or the good ol' steak and chips (with salad of course, makes it healthy you see).
3. Australian waitors get at least a minimum wage and don't rely on tips to make up the majority of their wage.
4. Stir-frys or similar without cashews. Curses to the horrible nut.
2005-10-24, 7:04 AM #32
* I eat out about once a week

* Something with chicken in it

* If they were exceptional, I tip up to 30% - or leave at least 2 bucks (if all I got was a soda). If the food took a long time, but the server came by and checked on us, I still tip well. If the food took a long time, but the server didn't check on us, I tip maybe 10%. Anything below that, and I don't even bother tipping.

* HOT WOMEN. Nothing really jumps off the top of my head.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-24, 7:56 AM #33
2-3 times a month

Steak

I usually tip about %20... go up to %25 is the waitress was better than average, and down to %15 as a minimum (unless the service was terrible). Some people think it's too high but after working in a restaurant for so long (and being dependent on tips) I've always been tipping higher than I used to. I never hold something that the kitchen does against a waitress.

Dad's Rootbeer
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-10-24, 8:35 AM #34
Perhaps a dozen times in a year...

I rarely tend to order the same thing, though I really like Ceasar salad with chicken breast strips.

*Tips, how do you tip?
Yes the really hot waitress will get extra, but all so the nice ones who take time to talk or smile. I rarely blame things on a waiter, unless he spills my water, or acts like a ****. But, waitresses FTW.

*What's one thing you wish more restaurants would serve?
GOOD ceasar salad with chick breast strips.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-10-24, 9:19 AM #35

- about twice a month, maybe three times

- steak and fries

-waiters always get 15% of my check - alot of my friends have been in food service at one point or another-they always tip very well and I picked up the habit (it was either that or get dirty looks every time I went out to eat with those friends) - and obviously the "hot waitresses" don't get any extra from me...

*What's one thing you wish more restuarants would serve?

- Ceasar Chicken wraps (I'm rather addicted to them) :)
"I've never seen anyone do an interpretive dance to Mien Kampf "
- MST3K
2005-10-24, 10:56 AM #36

Once or twice a month.

Pigs hare du chef.

Where I regularly go, I don't tip, simply because I go there a lot already. They know me in person now. Otherwise, about 10%.

Lemon icecream.
2005-10-24, 3:38 PM #37
How often do you go out to eat?

Maybe once a month

I usually order chicken, shrimp, pasta, or some combination of the three.

Tips, how do you tip? Does the hot waitress get extra? Does the horrible waiter get no tip because the food took so long?

I usually tip at least 15% unless the service was very good, in which case I would tip more towards 20%.

What's one thing you wish more restuarants woudl serve?

I dunno, huge portions seem wastefull if you aren't in the position to cary the leftovers with you for the rest of the evening. It is nice that more restaurants are starting to offer half sizes.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-10-25, 9:46 AM #38

once every other month

i dont

i tip at lower end restrants 3-5 dollars,(unless thay made a big mistake in service) because really, (i was a waitress) and it's about the same ammount of work for 1-4 people just about no matter how much thay order. and the 15% rule i think was made up by restrants, not customers or waters. ofcource, i give this money in the form of little bags of coianage whitch i have in my truck for such occasions. (you wouldnt believe the ammount of change one racks up in a low-end waitressing job, and i figure, i shuold just give it back to the source)

cherrie HC
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-10-25, 9:48 AM #39
Originally posted by gothicX:
Lemon icecream.[/B]

who serves lemon ice cream?
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-10-25, 10:07 AM #40
1) Two to three times a week

2) Pankakes, bacon, OJ and coffee

3) as a norm, 15 percent, 20-25 if the service is awesome, 10 or less if service sucked.(i.e. - 30mins before i'm asked what i'd like to drink, rudeness, walking away before i'm fininished orderering.)

4) My first act as president would make it unconstitutional for restaurants that serve breakfast to not serve breakfast all day. this 10-11 in the morning thing just will not do. i mean what about people with 3rd shift jobs who want a good breakfast at 5-6 in the evening? bastards.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM

↑ Up to the top!