Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → XBox 360
XBox 360
2005-11-22, 10:58 AM #1
So, today is the 22nd.

I know a number of us here are more PC Gamers than console gamers, but I'm still curious.

Did any of you pre-order, or purchase an XBOX 360?

My fiancee and I went out this morning at about 5:30 AM

About 6:30, after going a few places, and not having any luck because too many people were in line at CompUSA, and the people at Wal-Mart gave out their 'tickets' at 10 last night, we went to sears. One person was waiting.

We ran to Jack in the Box and got a drink, and such, and then went back to find about 3 more people in line, I figured we'd be fine, and stayed.

While waiting in line employees started going in, and the other people asked hoiw many systems they had. They replied 6, 3 premiums and 3 core. I was fourth in line, and expected a core, which I would have settled with, but not what I wanted. About 7:15 a lady from electronics passes out some tickets, unknowingly to me, starting with the premiums (she didn't say) The first three get there tickets. Then she hands me mine, and I notice the price is 399, and as I notice this she says something to the effect of "now for the 2 cores" and gives 2 people behind me core 'passes.' So I lucked out big time.

So now I have the XBOX 360 Premium package with Call of Duty 2, and Prefect Dark Zero.

<3.
2005-11-22, 12:06 PM #2
I got in line at sams club this morning, they passed out tickets and ran out 3 people in front of me. Needless to say, I will not be experiencing the joyousness of the 360 for some time.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-11-22, 12:24 PM #3
SC got his seXBOX a few days ago I think.
nope.
2005-11-22, 12:50 PM #4
i live in australia so it is yet to be released here.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-11-22, 12:59 PM #5
I'm really not excited about it. And as a result, don't plan on getting one. Dunno when it's released over here, tho'.

That money's going towards a new 'pyooter.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-11-22, 1:11 PM #6
Haha. I worked at the release last night at Walmart. Actually, I clocked out right before midnight. In any case, the line for tickets started around 3:00pm on Monday afternoon. Then Layaway was crowded as could be with people waiting for them to break down the pallet and start selling the boxes. We won't get any more in until after Christmas is the word too. :) Suckers. The system isn't worth buying until about February anyway, when Oblivion and the other delayed games come out. Unless you really want to play CoD2 over and over again, or sports games, or all of your old titles on a new machine. :rolleyes:
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-11-22, 1:15 PM #7
Perfect Dark Zero does look extremely good though (but I'm not getting a 360.)

Getting one was my original plan but I opted for a new pc instead.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-11-22, 1:36 PM #8
Originally posted by Boco:
SC got his seXBOX a few days ago I think.

and notice how we've been without him lately?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-11-22, 1:49 PM #9
I'm not getting one either.

I was at Wal-Mart last night and there were about 30+ people sitting on the floor in Electronics. The checker-girl told me they were waiting for a 360 to be released at midnight. She said they started lining up around 6:00 am... :eek:
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-11-22, 1:50 PM #10
I'll bet 20 of those people went home empty-handed.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
2005-11-22, 1:55 PM #11
RWAR...

I've wanted PDZero since 2002 lol

Anyway, I was hoping to get a X360, but no, my parents keep telling me they are all ordered, when she didn't check Anywhere but EB games, Future Shop and Walmart. Bah

don't ruin PDZero for me, it's THE game I baught gamecube and Xbox for.
2005-11-22, 2:23 PM #12
I will not be getting one either. I already have a top of the line PC with SLI and even then I havn't been able to game as much as I've wanted to for some time.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-11-22, 2:28 PM #13
I just started working at Best Buy, and our launch went like this:

Sunday night, the first guy for the line shows up. (Yeah, Sunday. He's insane)

The next day, the line begins building. We had about 36 premiums, and 14 cores. By the end of the day Monday, the line was full. They handed out tickets early this morning, and that was that.

Except for the fight.

2 people were arrested this morning when apparently they tried to jump into line before the tickets started being handed out. (It wouldn't have worked anyway, we had videotaped everyone in line) They basically fought their way into line, and after finding out that we had videotaped, they said they were going to storm the store and get one before anyone else, etc etc. More fighting, we find out, cops come, and they are arrested.

All this for a bloody console. I will NOT be camping out for a PS3, that's for sure.
2005-11-22, 2:59 PM #14
My dad said i couldn't have it in a million years...

oh my parents get so old sometimes...
2005-11-22, 4:53 PM #15
Seems like buying 10 then selling them on eBay for 2-3 x the price would have been a good idea :eek:
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-11-22, 4:55 PM #16
Is the new Perfect Dark any good?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-11-22, 5:04 PM #17
my dad went at like 6 in the morning to Best Buy but they only had 7 and he saw only one little kid walking away with one. And then at the Wal Mart by us they only got 14, by the time he got there it was too late :confused: :gbk:
I should have aimed for your head when I had the chance....
My Space
http://www.myspace.com/crazyandrewl
Jedi Knight Myspace
http://groups.myspace.com/JediKnightDF2
2005-11-22, 5:37 PM #18
At this point in time PDZ is the only drawing point for the Xbox 360. I'm gonna sit it out for a while before I decide whether I'll get one.
2005-11-22, 6:30 PM #19
i already loved the controller s... in fact i thought it was perfect... the new one is perfection perfected
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-11-22, 8:14 PM #20
Bah... I never liked the games for Xbox that much... and their launch lineup wasn't real good either(CoD2?? Already have it on my wonderful computer). I'd rather wait for PS3 and Revolution.
No sig.
2005-11-22, 8:39 PM #21
Originally posted by Echoman:
Is the new Perfect Dark any good?

After spending a couple hours with it, I really enjoy the game.

I haven't had a chance to get very deep into it, but I've played through the training level and 2 normal levels. The graphics are definitely good. Never a framerate problem. The game does seem kinda hard to me, but it has been a while since I've played FPSs so I am also a bit rusty.

All-in-all I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

I also have Project Gotham Racing 3 and Kameo: Elements of Power as well.

I'd have to say, so far, my favorite new addition to the system is the ability to turn it on and off using the DVD remote, or the controller.

With the DVD Remote you simply have an on-off button. With the controller you hold the Live button to turn it on. Then while you're playing or whatever, hold it again until a menu will come up asking if you want to turn off the console, the controller, or do nothing.

The power chord is huge and heavy though.
2005-11-22, 8:42 PM #22
Originally posted by FCTuner04:
After spending a couple hours with it, I really enjoy the game.

I haven't had a chance to get very deep into it, but I've played through the training level and 2 normal levels. The graphics are definitely good. Never a framerate problem. The game does seem kinda hard to me, but it has been a while since I've played FPSs so I am also a bit rusty.

All-in-all I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

I also have Project Gotham Racing 3 and Kameo: Elements of Power as well.

Everyone I know that played it says Kameo sucks the big one. I wouldn't know, though.
D E A T H
2005-11-22, 8:48 PM #23
After playing it a bit, I must say that I really enjoy the game.
2005-11-22, 9:14 PM #24
I'm getting it for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and any other games that may come out in the future. Halo 3 will inevitably be released (what with the crappy ending of 2), so I'll be getting that. Plus, it's backwards-compatible, so I can play any ol' Xbox game as well. :D
DO NOT WANT.
2005-11-22, 9:32 PM #25
Wrong - you cannot play every Xbox game on Xbox 2.
2005-11-22, 9:38 PM #26
Actually, it's not completely backwards compatable. At least, not right now. From what I gather, it's achieved through an emulator, so they don't have all of the titles working yet. There's supposedly around 200 games working right now, mostly the "big" games: Halo, GTA, KotOR, etc.
2005-11-22, 9:43 PM #27
Some of the really big games are still missing though, like the Splinter Cell series.

I imagine it'll evolve like your typical software emulator. Start off with fairly limited compatability, and assuming they keep a good team dedicated to working on it, it will eventually work its way up to something like 99% compatability.
2005-11-22, 9:48 PM #28
I think I read that Splinter Cell was planned to be ported sometime in March.
2005-11-23, 4:16 AM #29
I just played King Kong and a friend's house. I must say the cinematic quality of the game is outstanding. The visual effects, such as the falling rain, were absolutely breathtaking. The environment actually appeared to be soaking wet.
2005-11-23, 7:24 AM #30
Apparently a banned Xbox 360 commercial - I found it funny

http://www.adjab.com/files/2005/11/xboxstandoff.wmv
2005-11-23, 9:27 AM #31
that was awesome...
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-11-23, 9:29 AM #32
apparently they crash
2005-11-23, 4:01 PM #33
Originally posted by Jon`C:
apparently they crash

I haven't had any problems with mine... yet.
2005-11-23, 4:51 PM #34
I've logged probably close to 360 hours on the 360 (weird...). In all that time, while playing on devkits, prototypes, and retails, I've only had about 6 or 7 crashes. Bear in mind, I was trying to crash it.

It's a pretty stable box. Would I buy it? Hell no. The games so far are just xbox+ titles. PGR3 is good, but that's it. I'll buy mine in a couple years when there's good titles out, they've nailed down the hardware and how to take advantage of it
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-11-23, 8:27 PM #35
Apparently some of them crash A LOT and become unusable after the first crash

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEFkZkkkyEHasmrPqu.php

There's this big uproar going around about it
一个大西瓜
2005-11-23, 8:48 PM #36
Ha M$ sabatoged you.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-11-24, 12:35 AM #37
Yeah, I'll probably do the same thing. I'd be much more inclined to buy the Xbox 360 right *now* if Microsoft had bothered pushing some decent launch titles out the door with it. The same thing seems to happen with every console and it's stupid. I know Sony is going to have a lame launch offering, so I'm gonna hope Nintendo fixes that up.
2005-11-24, 3:10 AM #38
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]All this for a bloody console. I will NOT be camping out for a PS3, that's for sure.[/QUOTE]
You guys are so busy worrying about the long lines that it's easy to slip into the back. Seriously, my dad does it like every Black Friday.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-11-24, 6:31 AM #39
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Yeah, I'll probably do the same thing. I'd be much more inclined to buy the Xbox 360 right *now* if Microsoft had bothered pushing some decent launch titles out the door with it. The same thing seems to happen with every console and it's stupid. I know Sony is going to have a lame launch offering, so I'm gonna hope Nintendo fixes that up.

Yeah, you know Sony's going to have a lame launch offering despite the fact that they don't even have a freaking launch date set.

Not to mention they actually do have a decent launch planned--it's just that most of the developers that are making for it tend to push their release dates back. That combined with the fact that we don't actually know when it's coming out (though it's estimated Q1 of next year) really leaves things rather up in the air. All the Revolution has is SSB
D E A T H
2005-11-24, 6:42 AM #40
Can we just give Yoshi a nickname of Sony Fanboy?

↑ Up to the top!