Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Rapper shoots himself with a pen gun...in the head
Rapper shoots himself with a pen gun...in the head
2005-12-06, 3:28 PM #41
Originally posted by Uberslug:
In the future we shall treat rap as we treat disco now.

No.
D E A T H
2005-12-06, 4:24 PM #42
Aye
Pissed Off?
2005-12-06, 4:37 PM #43
Before E except after C.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-12-06, 5:09 PM #44
No, in the future we'll treat emo as we treat disco now. Rap, I don't see that happening.
Warhead[97]
2005-12-06, 5:39 PM #45
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]All of them except for MC Hammer, do, however.[/QUOTE]

And except for Chali 2na and Roots Manuva and Sole and Alias and MC Slug and MC Frontalot and The Roots and Sage Francis and Wildflower and Jean Grae and the Spooks and Dialated Peoples and Digital Underground and heeyyy wait a minute, you have no idea what you're talking about. :p
2005-12-06, 6:18 PM #46
Yea! The genepool is improving!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-12-06, 6:28 PM #47
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']And except for Chali 2na and Roots Manuva and Sole and Alias and MC Slug and MC Frontalot and The Roots and Sage Francis and Wildflower and Jean Grae and the Spooks and Dialated Peoples and Digital Underground and heeyyy wait a minute, you have no idea what you're talking about. :p

But they can be rappers because I've never heard of them and they aren't all about *****es and hos and killing cops and smoking blunts!!![/typical Massassi idiocy when it comes to rap]
Pissed Off?
2005-12-06, 6:31 PM #48
But Avenger, all the cool counter-culture kids hate rap!

Don't you want to be cool?
2005-12-06, 6:36 PM #49
I've never cared about being "cool".
Pissed Off?
2005-12-06, 6:42 PM #50
Oh thank god, I'm finally not alone in expressing my (completely correct!) opinion that all gansta rappers should murder themselves and/or each other in violent and painful ways, preserving the human gene pool from degrading into whatever they are.
2005-12-06, 6:46 PM #51
I wonder what the gene pool tastes like.
2005-12-06, 6:49 PM #52
Salty, probably.
2005-12-06, 6:53 PM #53
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Oh thank god, I'm finally not alone in expressing my (completely correct!) opinion that all gansta rappers should murder themselves and/or each other in violent and painful ways, preserving the human gene pool from degrading into whatever they are.

At least you defined it beyond jsut rappers. That puts you a small step ahead of Hellequin
Pissed Off?
2005-12-06, 6:54 PM #54
Salty? More like chlorinated.
2005-12-06, 6:57 PM #55
Originally posted by Avenger:
But they can be rappers because I've never heard of them and they aren't all about *****es and hos and killing cops and smoking blunts!!![/typical Massassi idiocy when it comes to rap]

Hey, don't diss killing cops. *shoves body back into his closet* Starting to get full...

But honestly, listen to the Rhymesayers artists, any of them, and you'll immediately find out two HUMONGOUS fallacies in the arguments against rappers:

1) "White Rappers suck"--hahahahhaha. No.
2) "ALL RAP IS ABOUT TEH GANGSTA"--god no.

Hell, listening to Rhymesayers has helped me gain a lot of respect for normal rap artists the likes of Jay-Z, Tupac (wasn't hard, but still), and made me respect the beat in songs a lot more.
D E A T H
2005-12-07, 9:24 PM #56
Originally posted by tofu:
I dunno, some rap is good. Every genre has good and bad artists.

Edit: Avenger beat me.

And in 1 sentence :p
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-12-08, 11:07 AM #57
Not ALL rap is about gangsters but to be fair the majority of it which you hear (if your not a big rap listener that is - ie on tv/radio etc) is pretty stupid - glorifying guns, shacking up, thinking they're dead bad :rolleyes:

Having said that to get the good music you often have to sift through the crap. If anyone can point me to some decent artists then pm me or something. I don't really listen to rap but i like some stuff i hear.
/fluffle
2005-12-08, 1:58 PM #58
Originally posted by Sats:
Not ALL rap is about gangsters but to be fair the majority of it which you hear (if your not a big rap listener that is - ie on tv/radio etc) is pretty stupid - glorifying guns, shacking up, thinking they're dead bad :rolleyes:

Having said that to get the good music you often have to sift through the crap. If anyone can point me to some decent artists then pm me or something. I don't really listen to rap but i like some stuff i hear.

[url]www.rhymesayers.com[/url]

PM'ed too, but I wanted to post the site on the thread for the uninformed. Not the only label out there, but it's a good one to start out with. I suggest Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Eyedea and Abilities to begin with.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!