Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This game is right up Massassi's alley
This game is right up Massassi's alley
2005-12-06, 8:38 PM #1
Saw it on another forum, instantly thought of Massassi.

Post a widely accepted or undeniable "fact." The next person then shortly declares you wrong and has to come up with an "intelligent" reason why you are wrong and make it sound like he/she is obviously right. He/she posts another "fact," and it continues.

Rules:
ONE rebuttal is allowed for each disproved fact. For instance, if I post a fact, I may rebute the following post (the one that says I'm wrong) anywhere down the line, but that's the end of it .. no more arguing after my rebuttal.

Example:

Cool Matty: The sky is blue
---
JediGandalf: Go get an education. It's obvious to anyone that your narrow, westernized view of "blue" is actually a gentle shade of green.

One thing is undeniable, though. Winters are cold.
---
Dj Yoshi: JG, you're an idiot. Since when have winters been "cold"? Cold is only a relative measure. Winters are immensely warm for me and everybody else, as I take baths (like normal people) in sub-zero conditions.

Your mother is smart.
---
Cool Matty: [quoting JG] Rebuttal: You just contradicted yourself. Green is in fact a shade of red. So is the sky blue, green, or red? Your point is moot.
---
Tempermental: (Continuing off of Yoshi's post)

I'll start off:

The ocean is full of water.
一个大西瓜
2005-12-06, 8:41 PM #2
No they are small atoms of oxygen and hydrogen. H20

You'r move

Cheese is cheese
2005-12-06, 8:44 PM #3
No, cheese is actually the solid state of milk, since milk is obviously where all cheese comes from.

The earth, though, is most definetly round.
Life is beautiful.
2005-12-06, 8:46 PM #4
You're an idiot, why don't you go outside once in a while; you'd see that the Earth is flat. Anyone can make that observation.

The sun runs off nuclear fusion.
Stuff
2005-12-06, 8:46 PM #5
No it is magic. Read the bible [Ya i know don't flame me]

Though i do beliieve Jon'c is cool
2005-12-06, 8:48 PM #6
If nothing else, Jon'C's crappy work on SITH2 should let you and everyone else know that he is far from 'cool.'

Cherry pie is best baked at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2005-12-06, 8:48 PM #7
[edit] Oops, wow, you guys are fast. Everybody knows an absolute measure of temperature is necessary. What you meant to say was approximately 500 Kelvin is an appropriate baking temperature. [/edit]

Pffffffft, everybody knows that the Earth is actually an oblate spheroid. Any kindergartener knows that.

On the other hand, very few people know that the Illuminati were just the groupies of the Knights Templar.
Council of 14
2005-12-06, 8:49 PM #8
Originally posted by saberopus:
If nothing else, Jon'C's crappy work on SITH2 should let you and everyone else know that he is far from 'cool.'

Cherry pie is best baked at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.

Nah its 475

I suck.
2005-12-06, 8:52 PM #9
You definition of "suck" is simple-minded. You fail to realise a better work is "ultra-suck."

No one owns the moon.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-06, 8:53 PM #10
No i bought it off ebay for 200,000,000,000,000,000,000 cents

I own the moon
2005-12-06, 8:54 PM #11
How can you own what isn't there? There is no moon, it's just light reflecting off the oceans on the other side of the world making it look like there's a moon.

Computers are stupid.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-06, 8:56 PM #12
They cannot think thus they cannot NOT think.

I am a nerd
2005-12-06, 8:57 PM #13
You can't own the moon, because MTV has a flag on it.

However, this forum has already begun taking up WAY too much of my free time.

EDIT: You guys are way the poo too fast.
2005-12-06, 9:20 PM #14
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
They cannot think thus they cannot NOT think.

I am a nerd

You don't know what the difference between a nerd and a geek is, therefore you can't possibly know if you are really a nerd.

Brian owns the Massassi temple.
Life is beautiful.
2005-12-06, 9:25 PM #15
[QUOTE=Rogue Leader]You don't know what the difference between a nerd and a geek is, therefore you can't possibly know if you are really a nerd.

Brian owns the Massassi temple.[/QUOTE]

Kind of, basically i own it because brian is my slave, but brian still gets to keep the souls.

Life is like a penis, sometimes it's hard but never long enough.
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2005-12-06, 9:30 PM #16
Are you serious? Life is way too soft and way too long.

The submit reply button would look better in bright red.
2005-12-06, 10:43 PM #17
You clearly lack a sense of color schematics. Everyone knows that red only works with black and maroon. Thus, the "Submit Reply" button should be orange.

Donald Duck is a duck.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-12-06, 10:49 PM #18
Wrong. Donald duck is a two-dimensional composite figure made up primarily of geometric shapes and pretty colors.

Super Smash Brothers Melee is the best game ever.
Council of 14
2005-12-06, 10:52 PM #19
SSBM, a game? Anyone and anyone's mother would know that it's a crap simulator!

The United States of America are advanced to the rest of the world by 60 years.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-12-06, 10:53 PM #20
Anyone with half a brain can tell that Super Smash Brothers is only enjoyed by mentally retarded, half-deranged, orangutans with ADHD.

[edit]
Dang, FGR.

Obviously, the US is far behind technologically. Anyoen with an ubiased outlook can see that. It's only stupid Americans that think they're so smart, when really the major technological advances come from The Congo.

Clorophyl makes leaves green.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-12-06, 10:54 PM #21
Anybody with half a science degree knows that it's light reflecting off of the chlorophyl, specifically light within the .4 to .76 nanometer wavelength range, that creates the green color we see in plants.

Light is made of photons.
Council of 14
2005-12-07, 12:23 AM #22
Originally posted by KyleKatarn7:
Anybody with half a science degree knows that it's light reflecting off of the chlorophyl, specifically light within the .4 to .76 nanometer wavelength range, that creates the green color we see in plants.

Light is made of photons.

Are you kidding? Light is in fact the absence of dark. Why do you think light bulbs get hot? It's the friction of dark through the glass. Why do flashlights die? Batteries fill up with dark and need to be drained. Smoke from a fire is the gaseous form of dark. You sir, are a complete idiot.

Firefox is infinitely better than IE.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-12-07, 2:06 AM #23
Incorrect. The factor of 'infinity' is vague and inherently unreasonable to even contemplate. In reality Firefox is actually around 160,000-185,000 times better than IE. Scientists are yet to agree on an exact figure, although according to Dr Eivegot Mahnbewbs, founder of the Turin Institute To Test Internet Explorer's Serviceability (TITTIES), the exact figure is 177,859.

The first ever true 3d FPS shooter was Wolfenstein 3D.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-12-07, 2:07 AM #24
edit: bah, skip me.
2005-12-07, 2:27 AM #25
No no no, it is obvious that the first TRUE 3d first person shooter was Commander Keen. If you will recall, it not only allowed you to navigate the height and width of a level, but also allowed you to traverse the length and depth of the map as you progressed through the game. The story unfolded through the actions of a single player, controlled by you, thus making it a first-person style adventure.

However, no one can deny that a pound of gold weighs the same as a pound of feathers.
Your skill in reading has increased by 1 point.
2005-12-07, 2:33 AM #26
How can a pound of gold weigh the same as a pound of feathers? Have you seen feathers drop? They take forever to fall to the ground!

But of course, Finland is the best thing ever.
2005-12-07, 5:34 AM #27
Obviously by Finland you mean base and since All your base are belong to us...We are the best thing ever.

Gonk for teh win!
A computer's worst nightmare:

HazTeam Website-=HT=
2005-12-07, 5:51 AM #28
[ on a side note: UR ALL BANZED FOR FLAMIN EACH UTHER]
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-12-07, 6:14 AM #29
Originally posted by gammasts:
Obviously by Finland you mean base and since All your base are belong to us...We are the best thing ever.

Gonk for teh win!

Statement: Finland is not a base, it is just a mass of irradicated cliffs and fissures. You posted too late, even though if you did not post at all that post would be considered early.

KITT Rox.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2005-12-07, 6:47 AM #30
wrong, kitt used to rock. in the 80's.

George W. Bush is NOT a stupid monkey.
2005-12-07, 7:18 AM #31
[QUOTE=Rogue Leader] The earth, though, is most definetly round.[/QUOTE]

No, it's eliptical dummy! :D

http://einstein.stanford.edu/highlights/hl_030405.html

Quote:
At present, the equatorial radius is about 21 km longer than the Earth’s polar radius (a difference of 0.33%), meaning the Earth has a slightly oblong shape when viewed from space.
2005-12-07, 8:17 AM #32
A rebuttal, kind sir. GWB is most definitely an intellectual, should one define it broadly enough, although in light of recent errors that have cropped up over the entirety of the globe, and due to the global power of GWB, one can thereby conclude that one GWB, of The Whitehouse, America, is, in fact, a simian. Not just a simian, a crazy avo-simian from the depths of the Yellow Brick Road on LSD. Good day, sir.

And Obi loses. But my fact for today is vitamin A-rich polar bear liver is unhealthy.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-12-07, 8:31 AM #33
[QUOTE=- Tony -]A rebuttal, kind sir. GWB is most definitely an intellectual, should one define it enough, although you should not disgrace the monkeys by likening him to one. That harbours ill will, and our simian friends are naturally the supreme overlords.

And Obi loses. But my fact for today is vitamin A-rich polar bear liver is unhealthy.[/QUOTE]

I said he's not a monkey, you should prove me WRONG!
2005-12-07, 8:40 AM #34
Your reply is libellous to my good self. One should read the original post carefully and quote it in truth without the asset of lies creeping in upon this woesome day. And woe betide, my original comment still stands.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-12-07, 8:40 AM #35
Dumb.
2005-12-07, 9:33 AM #36
Why do I lose? :gbk:
2005-12-07, 9:42 AM #37
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Why do I lose? :gbk:

No Win For You!
Attachment: 9151/New Picture.jpg (19,046 bytes)
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2005-12-07, 10:00 AM #38
[QUOTE=- Tony -]Your reply is libellous to my good self. One should read the original post carefully and quote it in truth without the asset of lies creeping in upon this woesome day. And woe betide, my original comment still stands.[/QUOTE]

WRONG

Originally posted by Pommy:
Post a widely accepted or undeniable "fact." The next person then shortly declares you wrong

... i proved you wrong, should i come up with a new sentence now?
2005-12-07, 2:41 PM #39
[last fact before y'all got all deviant 'n' stuff]

vitamin A-rich polar bear liver is unhealthy

this is downright poppycock! polar bear parts have been irradiated with fallout that blew north from chernobyl for the past few DECADES. Nothing boosts their growth, and consequently, yours, like that rich goodness!

But!

Carnivals are the United States's biggest source of high-quality sandstone busts of Hitler!
2005-12-07, 6:22 PM #40
Balderdash I say! Carnivals are merely the third largest source of high-quality sandstone busts of Hitler! Wal-Mart being the second, as high-quality sandstone busts of hitler constitute the 7th major food group.

My nose is definitely situated on my face. FACT.

↑ Up to the top!