Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bipolar?
Bipolar?
2005-12-08, 2:34 PM #41
This makes me laugh...

You guys tell ORJ_Jos that he doesn't know what he's talking about since he's not a Psychiatrist. Yet, neither are you xD
2005-12-08, 2:41 PM #42
I would just like to point out that a "disorder" is actually a combination of several illnesses/conditions.
2005-12-08, 2:53 PM #43
[QUOTE=Xzero Phoenix]This makes me laugh...

You guys tell ORJ_Jos that he doesn't know what he's talking about since he's not a Psychiatrist. Yet, neither are you xD[/QUOTE]

That's because what he described isn't included in the definition if bipolar disorder. Despite that, he can open his eyes and accept that there might be more too it. He basicially put his hands over his ears and started screaming "I'm right, lalalalalalalala". No one is doubting that his friend has bipolar disorder. It's just that there's a good chance that there's more to it.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-08, 3:06 PM #44
[quote=Wikipedia Article on Bipolar Disorder]Severe depression or mania may be accompanied by symptoms of psychosis. These symptoms include hallucinations (hearing, seeing, or otherwise sensing the presence of stimuli that are not there) and delusions (false personal beliefs that are not subject to reason or contradictory evidence and are not explained by a person's cultural concepts). Psychotic symptoms associated with bipolar disorder typically reflect the extreme mood state at the time.[/quote]

If you read the article, you'll see that there is a lot of variation in the effects of bipolar disorder.

[edit] It doesn't matter if hallucinations / delusions fit better under the label of bipolar disorder or psychosis because bipolar disorder causes the psychotic symptoms.
Historians are the most powerful and dangerous members of any society. They must be watched carefully... They can spoil everything. - Nikita Khrushchev.
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god. - Jean Rostand.
2005-12-08, 4:11 PM #45
Thanks to genetics from my moms side I have a predisposition to bipolar depression.

but I only went through bad times 1 year ago.

Bipolar people are awesome.

I should know, I'm one of them
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-12-08, 5:45 PM #46
If you can get it so that your manic states are very productive but not dangerous, and your depressive states not impedive to daily life, bipolar could be really productive.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-12-08, 6:13 PM #47
Originally posted by Emon:
If you can get it so that your manic states are very productive but not dangerous, and your depressive states not impedive to daily life, bipolar could be really productive.

...I suppose the same way meth can help businessmen be very productive.
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-12-08, 6:24 PM #48
Something like that, yeah.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-12-08, 6:40 PM #49
I'm bi-polar, as are my brother and father. As you can imagine we've had many wacky family times. Each of us has suffered completely differently to each other, so it's certainly not a one size fits all illness.

As for people being an expert on the matter, my mother is a very intelligent woman who has obviously lived with each of us for a long long time and even she sometimes just doesn't get it. I sometimes found myself in the role of an almost translator between her and my brother (not to mention a roadblock between her and his more wild mood swings, fun).

So, anyway, that link Emon posted is truly excellent and very comprehensive. I suggest people read it if they haven't already.

PS - oh, and hi and stuff ;)
2005-12-08, 6:44 PM #50
I'm bi-polar.
This thread is ****ing stupid.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-12-08, 6:55 PM #51
Jaiph...?

!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-08, 9:08 PM #52
I'm dyslexic, and going deaf.

I win this thread.
2005-12-08, 9:15 PM #53
Hey, it's Jaiph!
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!