Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → JHS 2006
JHS 2006
2005-12-08, 9:03 AM #1
First off, this isnt an editing post, so please don't move it. I would like to recreate the JHS level in the Source engine, but I want to do the nice thing and ask permission from Ped_Head... SO If anyone knows a way to contact him, besides his listed e-mail at Cloudstrife111@hotmail.com, I would appreciate that help.

Been a long time since I've been around here, not much has changed, hope the community is still as helpful, I'm sure there's still a few vets around here.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2005-12-08, 9:47 AM #2
you should try remaking a good level
2005-12-08, 9:53 AM #3
Originally posted by Jon`C:

You should try not being such an elitist.

JHS was fun, and I'm pretty sure you can get a hold of him on the forums. I still see him all the time. Try PM'ing the dude.
D E A T H
2005-12-08, 9:53 AM #4
...you do, Yosh?
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-12-08, 9:59 AM #5
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]You should try not being such an elitist.[/QUOTE]I hear suicide can cure your problem, Yoshi.
2005-12-08, 10:00 AM #6
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
...you do, Yosh?

I thought I did. Then again, maybe it was that influx of necroposts a while back.

Jon(`C)--if I had a problem, I'd look into that. Thanks though.
D E A T H
2005-12-08, 10:03 AM #7
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Jon(`C)--if I had a problem, I'd look into that. Thanks though.[/QUOTE]You do have a problem. I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it relates to the gigantic stick you have crammed up your rear.
2005-12-08, 10:07 AM #8
It's a d-d-d-d-d-d-uel!
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2005-12-08, 10:07 AM #9
You do have a problem. I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it relates to the gigantic stick you have crammed up your rear.

Actually, you were the ******* first in this thread. Ah well.

JHS was awesome. It'd be great if you could remake it for Source. Hell, even CS. We could get a massassi game with that.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-08, 10:09 AM #10
Jesus, looks like the community isnt entirely as friendly as it used to be. Jon, you may not have liked the level, but it was a quality level, it didnt have to LOOK good to be good. You two stop spamming up my post, maybe if the guy comes on here ever he will see this... if i cant contact him im just going to continue my work. His e-mail isnt there anymore.
2005-12-08, 10:15 AM #11
The graphics aren't the part of the level I take objection to.

Even ignoring my objections to the level, and assuming you physically could re-implement it in another engine, what makes you think it would translate well? Wouldn't it be better to create an original work? Perhaps use it as a source of inspiration (even though this is one of the things I object to), instead of trying to duplicate something that was created for an entirely different game with entirely different gameplay mechanisms and completely dissimilar physics?

Yeah, it was popular on the Zone, but putting it in HL2 is like getting Britney Spears to sing opera.
2005-12-08, 10:19 AM #12
I wouldn't be so sure...

Clutter it with desks, chairs, books, toilets, and junk like that, and it'd be a dandy HL2 DM level. Couple that with the various traps and cameras and you have yourself a decent level.

Yeeesh, think will ya?
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-08, 10:32 AM #13
I kinda agree with Jon. JHS worked in JK but probably won't work in HL2.
2005-12-08, 10:37 AM #14
Jon could have put his point across without sounding like an absolute twa LALALALALALALALA t.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2005-12-08, 10:41 AM #15
Well it's not going to be identical, there will be added things. However, Like someone said above, chairs, desks, other junk laying around to throw, as well as the traps, cameras, secret paths, air vents, and large areas for all kinds of weapons, makes for a good level in any game. I could even implement some coding to make the gym have functional basketball goals with a basketball in the gym and a scoreboard. The possibilities are limitless.
2005-12-08, 10:51 AM #16
Limitless?

MAKE GRAVITY ICE HOCKEY WITH WARCRAFT OGRES!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-12-08, 10:51 AM #17
Originally posted by Goit:
Jon could have put his point across without sounding like an absolute twa LALALALALALALALA t.

Oh boo hoo. Jon dislikes things that other people enjoy, like JHS and rap music, and he expresses his opinion openly (which is why Yoshi's been uppity toward me for the past few days, although he chalks it up to other things - as usual).

Sorry, I don't believe in complete conformity. Why don't you and your identical-looking blonde hair and blue-eyed friends run off to a corner and play with your matching armbands and goosestepping and let people who are capable of formulating an opinion express it? Thanks.

Edit: Here's a helpful hint for people who are in the accelerated literacy programme of their local assisted learning facility: "JHS is not a good level". You don't have to preface everything you say with "It is my opinion that JHS is not a good level", because that's implied.
2005-12-08, 10:55 AM #18
Oh boo hoo. Jon dislikes things that other people enjoy, like JHS and rap music, and he expresses his opinion openly (which is why Yoshi's been uppity toward me for the past few days, although he chalks it up to other things - as usual).

Sorry, I don't believe in complete conformity. Why don't you and your identical-looking blonde hair and blue-eyed friends run off to a corner and play with your matching armbands and goosestepping and let people who are capable of formulating an opinion express it? Thanks.

Edit: Here's a helpful hint for people who are in the accelerated literacy programme of their local assisted learning facility: "JHS is not a good level". You don't have to preface everything you say with "It is my opinion that JHS is not a good level", because that's implied.

So by liking this level, I am automatically a conformist?

My opinion is I like it. You hate it. Oh well. Nothing to do with conformity.
2005-12-08, 10:58 AM #19
You know what's funny? I've never played JHS. Anyone know where I can download it (it doesn't seem to be in the files section)?

Also, quit with the stupid flamewar. Jon, Yoshi, I know you despise each other, but try not to bring it into *every* thread, mmkay?
Stuff
2005-12-08, 11:00 AM #20
But doesn't JHS rely on the Force powers and grapplehook alot? There would seem to be alot of gameplay issues. Like the cafeteria would be a dead end because you can't go up the vent. Going to the inside from the outside grounds can only be accessible with one door (bottleneck/camping problem.) You can't jump up through the hole in the elevator, thus forcing you to ride the elevator and being a sitting duck. It seems to take too long to reach one part of the area to another. I'm sure getting from the bottem of the level to the roof would take awhile.

Of course, it would be kicka$$ to blow people up with the RPG on the roof and the principal's office. Does Pedhead still visit the forums?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-08, 11:03 AM #21
It's Jedi's High School.
2005-12-08, 11:06 AM #22
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]So by liking this level, I am automatically a conformist? My opinion is I like it. You hate it. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
See? CM gets it.
2005-12-08, 11:08 AM #23
I remember playing JHS before there was ever a grapple hook. Things like the elevator and such would need modifications yes, but the cafeteria, I think that vent was made for coming down, not going up.
2005-12-08, 11:09 AM #24
What the hell is wrong with some of you?

Hey AoEJedi I would say go ahead and make the level.

You can't copy the arcitecture directly obviously, and the only added resources that exist in JHS were the custom cogs, which came from Massassi, and the custom textures which me and another guy made, so go ahead and use them.

I know PedHead would not care either way. He'll probably come around here eventually, but waiting for him to show up before starting would be dumb.
2005-12-08, 11:13 AM #25
You do have a problem. I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it relates to the gigantic stick you have crammed up your rear.
I suggest you refer to this, especially the first two.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2005-12-08, 11:20 AM #26
Thanks warehouse, I dont know that I will use some, if any of the original textures, the basic ideas will be based on the archi... even some of the base HL2 textures arent the high quality I want. IF i have to, i will make my own, but making textures is more time consuming than i may have time for.
2005-12-08, 11:25 AM #27
Originally posted by Fardreamer:
I suggest you refer to this, especially the first two.

And here comes the march of the back-seat moderators. I'm sure the moderators and administrators of this forum have no idea how to do their jobs. Here, let me show you a little trick. You see that little icon at the bottom right of every post? No, no, it's down more. Over, over... oh hell, I'll help you with that:
Attachment: 9171/report.JPG (6,472 bytes)
2005-12-08, 11:47 AM #28
Just a friendly reminder. You can calm down.
2005-12-08, 12:32 PM #29
Speaks for itself.
Attachment: 9174/flame.JPG (10,462 bytes)
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2005-12-08, 12:44 PM #30
I give this thread an A+.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2005-12-08, 1:08 PM #31
PPffft I give it an additional triple +
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-12-08, 1:13 PM #32
And here comes the march of the back-seat moderators. I'm sure the moderators and administrators of this forum have no idea how to do their jobs.

That's like a criminal accusing a citizen of doing a policeman's job when the citizen tells the criminal not to rob a bank.

*Waits for Jon'c to accuse me of comparing him to a criminal*
2005-12-08, 1:25 PM #33
It probably wouldn't work well in CS:S but it would work GREAT in HL2DM with alot of school chairs, desks, etc etc.
2005-12-08, 1:34 PM #34
Yeah, I assume you're going for HLDM right? It would rock. Maybe consider making a more realistic high school (eg. no landing pad in front) with the same shape as JHS, and use City 17 stuff for the background and exterior.

post your progress!
2005-12-08, 1:39 PM #35
Originally posted by Warehouse:
Maybe consider making a more realistic high school (eg. no landing pad in front
What do you mean? My high school had a landing pad in front! :p
2005-12-08, 2:30 PM #36

My sentiments exactly.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-08, 10:46 PM #37
I enjoyed JHS. If you can ignore the bland architecture and texturing, it's a fun level. Also, I don't see why you would have to ask permission to remake this level (unless you planned on calling it "Jedi High School"). This level is based off of a high school that just happens to be floating in the middle of nowhere. You can probably use the outline of the level to create your own level.

And I don't really understand why someone would want to say something along the lines of "this level is bad" when they know that it's just going to cause an argument. Use your head.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-12-08, 10:47 PM #38
what the hell is JHS?
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-12-08, 10:48 PM #39
The most highely overrated JK level in all existence.
2005-12-08, 11:14 PM #40
No, that was Drazen Isle

*Hides*

↑ Up to the top!