Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → funny joke. warning: if you are offended by jokes that diss republicans, do not enter
funny joke. warning: if you are offended by jokes that diss republicans, do not enter
2003-12-20, 8:35 PM #41
[no]

[This message has been edited by Sine Nomen (edited December 20, 2003).]
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2003-12-20, 9:18 PM #42
Sine, it would help if you provided a reason for editing posts than just 'No' or 'See above'

Maybe it would help other people realize what the other person did so that they wont make the same mistake.

------------------
<< start the revolution >>
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2003-12-20, 9:26 PM #43
...I...did...

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Do not turn this thread into a political debate.</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">as I already said, this thread is not the place for a political debate</font>

etc

Look, I'm not trying to be an *** , but this thread was started as a stupid joke with the implication that it's not meant to be a political battleground.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2003-12-21, 2:40 AM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
...I...did...

etc

Look, I'm not trying to be an *** , but this thread was started as a stupid joke with the implication that it's not meant to be a political battleground.
</font>

How come you don't step forward in countless other posts similar to this one? They weren't meant to be political debates but they were allowed to become one? For example: http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/031848.html
I'm not really trying to criticize you...just shed some light. The post about thanking the American soldiers was not meant to be a debate but was allowed to turn into one.
2003-12-21, 5:04 AM #45
So if a thread is created for a purpose (lets say a political joke), that thread must stay in the boundaries of replies of "That's funny", "That's not funny" or something of that sort? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

bah...whatever.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%

My first appearence on Massassi:
http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum17/HTML/003329.html
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-12-21, 6:50 AM #46
What the hell is a "Social Security Cheque?"

------------------
Duel Zero key count: Zero! Down to guns and forces. Expect a release soon.
2003-12-21, 7:31 AM #47
Good god, Sine. Respect--;

Here's a clue: this isn't your sandbox. Go play vengeful god somewhere else.

------------------
Who's a worthless, anonymous automaton that's losing consciousness?
Who wanted this? Who's on this trip to see the sights and monuments?
To read and write the documents by light that seems innocuous
'Til you discern it's pages burning that provides the phosphorescence?

Jesse Dangerously - Words Ending in -ic for $1000
2003-12-21, 8:03 AM #48
As I well know, openly criticizing an administrator on a public thread only improves the situation.

Not like keeping it to e-mail or, say, keeping your mouth shut. That only worsens the situation.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-21, 8:13 AM #49
Wolfy, Sine screwed up. Public criticism is perfectly appropriate.
2003-12-21, 8:35 AM #50
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ictus:
Here's a clue: this isn't your sandbox. Go play vengeful god somewhere else.

</font>

Yes, it is. Go play whiny forum-member somewhere else.

------------------
June 16 - A night to remember
Ex-Council of 14

Miken
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem solve itself?"
2003-12-21, 11:10 AM #51
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Here's a clue: this isn't your sandbox. Go play vengeful god somewhere else</font>

You're right. It's alpha's. If you can't be considerate enough to abide by a simple request that this thread not turn into a debate, you might go somewhere else yourself. Leave the tone, though.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2003-12-21, 11:19 AM #52
Sine: Not to drag this out unneccessarily, but alpha never [explicitly] made that request. Your decision was [fairly] arbitrary.

[This message has been edited by Ictus (edited December 21, 2003).]
2003-12-21, 11:28 AM #53
Quote:
Wolfy, Sine screwed up.</font>

Er...where? As far as I can see, he's been appointed as one of the people to help run this place. If he decides something, it's not really up to you to decided whether it's wrong or not.

When as I was an administrator, I constantly told people this, and I'll tell you this now: you don't have the authority to tell Sine what to do, or whether he did something wrong. If you want something that he did changed, you e-mail him or Brian. Posting your problem here on the forum solves nothing.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-21, 11:35 AM #54
Ironically, this is not a democratic situation. The staff decides what is allowed. Sine just so happens to be on the staff. If you do not like his decisions, go ahead and complain, but I'd suggest you do so privately.

Point of fact, Massassi isn't your sandbox. If you don't like how things are handled, there is always the door.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2003-12-21, 12:03 PM #55
Wolfy: Of course it's up to me to make judgments on the appropriateness of editing my posts (and destroying several minutes of labor). Since I felt that they were edited wrongly, I had several options:
1. complain publicly
2. complain privately
3. leave

I chose what I felt to be the most effective. Note that at least three other people had a problem with Sine's decision: it benefits no one, least of all the administrators, if people ignore errors.
2003-12-21, 1:25 PM #56
Quote:
Wolfy: Of course it's up to me to make judgments on the appropriateness of editing my posts (and destroying several minutes of labor). Since I felt that they were edited wrongly, I had several options:
1. complain publicly
2. complain privately
3. leave

I chose what I felt to be the most effective. Note that at least three other people had a problem with Sine's decision: it benefits no one, least of all the administrators, if people ignore errors.
</font>

You aren't the one charged with determining what is and is not appropriate to edit on these boards. As long as the other admins agree with his actions, he's good to go.

Edit: Also, since you failed to acknowledge the rules:
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
-If you have an issue related to the admins... If you have a problem with a ban or a thread being closed, be it yours or someone else's, email the admins. Do NOT post a message on the forums, it will get closed. If you don't feel comfortable emailing one of the admins, email another one.
</font>

Keep it on e-mail, please.

[This message has been edited by Morfildor (edited December 21, 2003).]
2003-12-21, 1:26 PM #57
So, but it's still allowed to voice one's opinion, is it not

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore
2003-12-21, 1:30 PM #58
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Molgrew:
So, but it's still allowed to voice one's opinion, is it not

</font>

Provided that it is allowed by the rules, yes. But in this situation, it is not.
2003-12-21, 1:31 PM #59
yes so please don't get someone elses thread get closed because your post got edited.

------------------
your curiosity will get the better of YOU one day.
alpha1: winner of the 2003 tfti award.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly. :)
</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spork:
Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'</font>
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2003-12-21, 1:32 PM #60
P.S. I should have said that it ment a good republican LEADER.

------------------
Quote:
Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly. :)
</font>

Quote:
2003-12-21, 1:39 PM #61
p.p.s.

is there any way for me to close this thread? I think it has gotten a bit out of hand from people taking it WAY too seriously.

------------------
Quote:
Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
</font>

Quote:

[This message has been edited by alpha1 (edited December 21, 2003).]
2003-12-21, 1:48 PM #62
I'll close it for you, but in the future, you can always delete the thread.

art

↑ Up to the top!