Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → *wince* Yikes, sorry about that whole invading your country thing...
*wince* Yikes, sorry about that whole invading your country thing...
2005-12-14, 9:43 AM #1
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/14/bush.iraq/index.html

I don't know what to say...
"it's about time?"
"WTH were you thinking?"
At any rate, he finally admits he screwed up... first time in 4ish years.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-12-14, 9:47 AM #2
Hahaha Oh man, I think I'd probably be loading my shotgun if I were the parent, friend, or loved-one of a military person who said "I really don't believe in what we're doing in iraq" and then went and died there.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-14, 9:52 AM #3
Agreed Kirby.
I also agree that Sadam needed to be delt with, but now we American look like even bigger fools than previously thought/known.

All I can say is wow, he finally figured out what half the nation has been saying all along. How Texan of him...
2005-12-14, 9:52 AM #4
No pleasing the liberals eh?

"Eh sorry guys, we kind of ****ed up here."
"DAMN RIGHT YOU'RE SORRY YOU WARMONGER!"

"I think this intelligence is spot on."
"YOU'RE WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. IT'S BAD AND YOU'RE ONLY SAYING SO TO GIVE EXCUSES TO YOUR WARMONGERING"
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-12-14, 9:55 AM #5
I remember talking with someone about this, and they told me that there was some sort of resolution that passed back in the 1990s that would have let us letitimately invade Iraq if saddam didn't fully comply with the UN Inspectors, which he failed to do on more than one occasion. Technically, we could have invaded Iraq in 1999 and had good cause.
2005-12-14, 9:56 AM #6
Well let's not go into a "Should we have invaded Iraq" debate. Those always go well.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-12-14, 9:57 AM #7
Again, let me remind you ignorant finger-pointers that there is a difference between "accepting responsibility" and "being to blame".
2005-12-14, 9:58 AM #8
... and what is that?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-12-14, 9:59 AM #9
This looks more like political posturing than anything. Everyone and his dog already knew that the intelligence was wrong; so he loses nothing by admitting it. Instead he now looks like the good guy for saying "yeah, we screwed up." He even goes on to say that he still believes that removing Hussein was the right thing to do; that the world is a better place now; blah blah blah. So, by implication, this means he would have invaded Iraq whether or not they had WMDs. This placates the people who support the war; and his admission about the bad intelligence mollifies the people who didn't support the war.

Actually a really smart move on his part. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing that he admits when he's wrong. Hell, it makes me want to like the guy.
Stuff
2005-12-14, 10:03 AM #10
Hahaha burgerboys?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-12-14, 10:03 AM #11
Kyle has the idea. Accepting responsibility is merely deciding "the buck stops here" and making the loop of blame stop. A good leader will accept responsibility and move on, rather than make excuses and keep blaming others. Being to blame means that literally, he is the one who is responsible to the bad information. Obviously he didn't obtain or validate the intelligence, that is the CIA's job. Thus, the CIA is to blame, but Bush accepts responsibility, being the leader. Get it, Veger?
2005-12-14, 10:04 AM #12
Cheney dogged the peons at Langley...I'd hardly call that the agency's fault.
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-12-14, 10:04 AM #13
Originally posted by Veger:
... and what is that?

Accepting responsibility:
"Guys. I screwed up royally. I thought the intel was good. It was not. But let's put that behind us and look towards getting our troops home."

Being blamed:
"What the hell you blaming me for?? It's not my ENTIRE fault. Go blame some of the CIA guys. They told me the intel was legit! I only acted on what I thought was good intel!"

Edit: Ah Steven beat me to it.
2005-12-14, 10:04 AM #14
I'm just angry that he didn't admit it sooner if he was to blame, after 2000+ soldiers have died over, what, 3-4 years? Intelligence was reported to have been bad months ago, almost a year ago if I remember correctly, he should have accepted blame then.

[edit] in reponsed to the "...and what is that posts"[/edit]

Eh, I guess you're right I'm not thinking straight.
2005-12-14, 10:08 AM #15
Hmm, Blair did pretty much exactly this after his re-election, I'm surprised Bush didn't do it sooner. At least it means everyone is going to give up this WMD charade and actually get on with solving the problems created.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-12-14, 10:09 AM #16
About bloody time.

Bush to Saddam:
"All your base are belong to us"

That's my new favorite quote
My Signature
2005-12-14, 10:14 AM #17
<d-_-b> My girlfriend is cute. She's picking up nerd lingo
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-12-14, 12:01 PM #18
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Hahaha burgerboys?

Piss off.
2005-12-14, 12:05 PM #19
I'll rather eat a burger.
2005-12-14, 12:06 PM #20
So you take pride in flaming people? Go outside.
2005-12-14, 12:08 PM #21
Woah, the infamous "go outside" remark.

Good idea, I could fetch a burger from there.
2005-12-14, 12:38 PM #22
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]Piss off.[/QUOTE]
Ignore feature is your friend. I added FastGamerr to mine a long time ago when I realized that he trolls all the time and contributes nothing valuable.

Anyhow, obviously political posturing, but it sure beats the "I-can-do-no-wrong-God-told-me-to-invade-Iraq" we had before. Remember during the second presidential debate, when he was asked to name three mistakes he's made and refused? This is far better than that.
2005-12-14, 12:41 PM #23
He didnt refuse. He just stalled until the time was up and laughed.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-12-14, 12:41 PM #24
Bush admitting that there most likely weren't WMDs in Iraq months ago. I don't get why this is a big deal.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-14, 12:42 PM #25
Warlord: The ignore function is illogical or too general. It's simply stupid if I want to ignore someone for being an *** part of the time but don't want to ignore them when they actually contribute something.
2005-12-14, 12:46 PM #26
Quote:
Actually a really smart move on his part. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing that he admits when he's wrong. Hell, it makes me want to like the guy.
Funny how you completely see and understand the political manouvering going on here, and yet it's still working on you... :p
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-12-14, 12:51 PM #27
Saddams gone. Good riddens. Cleanse Iran next plz. You people whine way too much
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2005-12-14, 12:54 PM #28
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Funny how you completely see and understand the political manouvering going on here, and yet it's still working on you... :p

Yeah and it's pissing me off. That jerk.
Stuff
2005-12-14, 12:59 PM #29
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]Warlord: The ignore function is illogical or too general. It's simply stupid if I want to ignore someone for being an *** part of the time but don't want to ignore them when they actually contribute something.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately that's not a good excuse, as what DSettahr said.

However, my post in said thread applies to you, Fastgamerr.
2005-12-14, 1:42 PM #30
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
No pleasing the liberals eh?

"Eh sorry guys, we kind of ****ed up here."
"DAMN RIGHT YOU'RE SORRY YOU WARMONGER!"

"I think this intelligence is spot on."
"YOU'RE WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. IT'S BAD AND YOU'RE ONLY SAYING SO TO GIVE EXCUSES TO YOUR WARMONGERING"

Sadly enough, this much is true.
D E A T H
2005-12-14, 1:58 PM #31
So this means that it's ok to nake up reasons to remove people as long as they deserve to be removed in the first place?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-12-14, 2:00 PM #32
Gris, there's plenty of reasons for Saddam needing to be taken down. Do some google searches or something.

[punk.. editing your post. :p and to answer yuour new question... why the heck not? if they need to go down they need to go down.]
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-12-14, 3:00 PM #33
Haha. Bush did everything but accept responsiblity.
Quote:
And it is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong. As president, I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq. And I'm also responsible for fixing what went wrong by reforming our intelligence capabilities. And we are doing just that.
He's just blaming the State Department again. It shows the stunning deficit of leadship in this country when its citizens swoon because of that kind of dissembling crap. Then he goes on to say that, if he knew then what he knows now, he'd invade anyway. It's calculated and craven.
2005-12-14, 3:23 PM #34
"...reforming our intelligence capabilities..."
Yeah, as in they need to require the Cabinet to stay the hell out of the lower tiers of the agencies, and go through the chain of command to prevent this from happening again.
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-12-14, 3:36 PM #35
Why does Bush find it necessary to take responsibility for every little thing? It's only adding to the mind set that the president is responsible for everything and has the power to make every thing happen. Hmm. Either it's a subtle ploy or it's a "lolz it worked for teh hurricane and now it will work for everything!"

Iraq wasn't an intelligence failure as much as it was a synchronization error.
2005-12-14, 3:38 PM #36
This picture I made is coming in handy again. Maybe it will become an internet meme. >.>
Attachment: 9272/loloops.jpg (45,753 bytes)
2005-12-14, 3:53 PM #37
eh... not trying to defend bush, cause i got plenty of beef with him myself... but... the clinton administration was sayin the same stuff in 98 that the bush admin has been saying about WMD'sand they gave it just as much cridibility so is not like bush was just sittin around fabricating nonsense out of thin air, well he does do that, but not in this instance, this nonsense was around before bush was even in office and it was even then believed to be cridible. also sadam never fully complied with weapons inspectors.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2005-12-14, 4:09 PM #38
I believe this slick animation fits here:
DO NOT WANT.
2005-12-14, 4:49 PM #39
Originally posted by Ictus:
Haha. Bush did everything but accept responsiblity. He's just blaming the State Department again. It shows the stunning deficit of leadship in this country when its citizens swoon because of that kind of dissembling crap. Then he goes on to say that, if he knew then what he knows now, he'd invade anyway. It's calculated and craven.

So by saying that he himself is responsible for the decision to go into Iraq, he's blaming it on the state department?
Life is beautiful.
2005-12-14, 5:11 PM #40
Some people are in opposition to Bush no matter what he says or does.

↑ Up to the top!