Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Is Guild Wars worth my time?
Is Guild Wars worth my time?
2005-12-28, 11:30 AM #41
Originally posted by mscbuck:
I just don't consider World of Warcraft to be worth 180.00/year. That's just insane, plus the fee for the game. For some other people, it is. I just think 180 could be spent for better uses, for me anyway.

Well, how much does the average smoker spend on cigarettes a year? MMOs have been known to be addicting, but at least it's probably not the most expensive addiction. We all waste our money somewhere.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-12-28, 2:42 PM #42
Addicted smokers also get more accomplished in life.
2005-12-28, 3:17 PM #43
Then they die.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-28, 4:03 PM #44
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle]Well, how much does the average smoker spend on cigarettes a year? MMOs have been known to be addicting, but at least it's probably not the most expensive addiction. We all waste our money somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Did you fail to even read my post? Did you miss the "for me anyways", or the "for SOME people" it is insane clause? I think it's insane. But other people don't.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-12-28, 4:54 PM #45
I have played 819 hours of Guild Wars and I can say it's definitely worth it. Though if you're mainly playing it for PvE content, don't expect something along the line of a full blown MMORPG such as World of Warcraft.
2005-12-28, 4:58 PM #46
This thread hasn't just gone down the toilet. It's stuck in the line and causing the toilet to overflow.
2005-12-28, 4:58 PM #47
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
This thread hasn't just gone down the toilet. It's stuck in the line and causing the toilet to overflow.

And you, as always, are right there with it when it does.

Amazing. Every single time I see a thread somewhat derail, Obi helps it along. It's like he LOOKS for these threads.

As to the topic...it's worth it. But I'd never buy it. ;)
D E A T H
2005-12-28, 5:28 PM #48
Hitler created MMOs in order to distract the enemy!

GODWIND LOL [/COLOR][/B]
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-12-29, 12:07 AM #49
Originally posted by Cloud:
I have played 819 hours of Guild Wars and I can say it's definitely worth it. Though if you're mainly playing it for PvE content, don't expect something along the line of a full blown MMORPG such as World of Warcraft.

True. From what I understand it, the PvE content is really just a means of unlocking skills and weapons for the PvP content. This game is really all about the PvP. IMO, if you don't want to play the PvP, you're really not getting the full experience from this game. I would suggest picking up World of Warcraft in that case.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-12-29, 1:32 AM #50
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Did you fail to even read my post? Did you miss the "for me anyways", or the "for SOME people" it is insane clause? I think it's insane. But other people don't.

Calm down?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-12-29, 8:58 AM #51
Quote:
Then they die.

So do all of us.

Quote:
And you, as always, are right there with it when it does.

Amazing. Every single time I see a thread somewhat derail, Obi helps it along. It's like he LOOKS for these threads.

Look who's talking.
2005-12-29, 9:00 AM #52
We all die, but at least we have more time to accomplish something, and we can spend more time having fun rather than coughing up gunk and wasting thousands of dollars on ciggarettes.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-29, 9:01 AM #53
Um...Last I checked, people who smoke and people who dont smoke accomplish pretty much the same things in life..
2005-12-29, 9:09 AM #54
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Um...Last I checked, people who smoke and people who dont smoke accomplish pretty much the same things in life..

Except when people who smoke die of lung cancer at 50 instead of living until they're 70.
D E A T H
2005-12-29, 9:19 AM #55
True. But my point was more along the lines of this original post:

Quote:
Well, how much does the average smoker spend on cigarettes a year? MMOs have been known to be addicting, but at least it's probably not the most expensive addiction. We all waste our money somewhere.
2005-12-29, 9:27 AM #56
It doesn't matter what you bloody acomplish, it will eventually crumble to the ground and will be long forgotten.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-12-29, 9:28 AM #57
Exactly.
2005-12-29, 10:01 AM #58
Originally posted by MBeggar:
Hitler created MMOs in order to distract the enemy!

GODWIND LOL [/COLOR][/B]

Go away.
2005-12-29, 10:06 AM #59
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]Go away.[/QUOTE]

Well I'll be... that was bold.
2005-12-29, 10:09 AM #60
Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if he is now banned or this topic is closed.
2005-12-29, 10:11 AM #61
Well, his post is useless and out of place. If there was anything wrong with the thread, he just made it worse.
2005-12-29, 10:15 AM #62
Did an admin just help de-rail a thread? Oh I think he did.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-12-29, 10:15 AM #63
dude the thread was already derailed....
2005-12-29, 1:33 PM #64
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Did an admin just help de-rail a thread? Oh I think he did.[/QUOTE]

Away from a flamewar. Christ.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!