Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Superbowl XL
Superbowl XL
2006-02-05, 5:54 PM #41
Originally posted by MBeggar:
Nope, my point was that there is no reason you needed to announce to everyone you are "too cool" for the superbowl. so go sit in a corner and listen to mogwai? k?

Has nothing to do with being "too cool". I just don't care for football. And what does Mogwai have to do with anything? You make absolutely no sense since I know you listen to Explosions in the Sky, which is the same genre (and some of the songs sound creepily similar). Is this because I was listening to a CD of theirs I got recently? God forbid I do something like that.
D E A T H
2006-02-05, 5:55 PM #42
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
So what did you guys think of the Rolling Stones' half-time show?

It sucked ... then again it might've been better if I was there.

This game seems over, Seahawks didn't capitalize in the first half. They keep racking up too many penalties and are uncertain of their plays.

Edit: I take back what I said. 10-14. Now we have a game.
2006-02-05, 6:00 PM #43
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Has nothing to do with being "too cool". I just don't care for football. [/QUOTE]

Okay Mr. Leetman.
-----------------------

The Stones sounded ickkkkyyyyy.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-02-05, 6:03 PM #44
Watching a live performance on TV isn't the same as being there. It always lacks.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-05, 6:15 PM #45
When I first saw Pittsburgh's first TD, I thought the ball wasn't over. But they still got the score. Heh.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-02-05, 6:17 PM #46
last quarter!

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that 4 second blurb of the seakhawks' cheerleader saying "Seahawks! **** yeah!"

Maybe they (networks, censoring people) missed something even with the 5 second delay thing haha
一个大西瓜
2006-02-05, 6:25 PM #47
Ten.

I think that's more than the average number of posts in a sports thread before someone comes in and says "like, sportz suck LOL guyz so i dont care."

Is there actually a point in coming into a superbowl thread just to say "football sucks"? Other than the obvious, trying to stir up **** for no other reason than to stir up ****.
Stuff
2006-02-05, 6:30 PM #48
No, there isn't. Especially when the thread title is "Superbowl", but people here can't resist the urge to go into threads they know they aren't going to like.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-05, 6:34 PM #49
Yeah, if you aren't watching the Super Bowl, or if you don't like football, just stay the hell out of this thread. We have no need for your "Omg, football sucks". Yes Yoshi, that includes you. There is absoulty NO need, 0%, to come in and just say that you don't like football. I mean, totally totally useless. I mean, what possessed you to come in here and say something tha tyou KNEW would start an argument? If you don't like football, go start your own thread, instead of potentially ruining another.

Anyways, I think the game just pulled out of reach. Seattle is getting an ultimate shaft with penalty calls. A touchdown turned back, a chance at the 1yd line for the TD called back. I usually don't care if there are bad holdings or offsides in the middles of drives. I won't blame a loss for those. But when two penalties DENY two touchdowns, that's when I get pissed.

Seattle is playing really well, in my opinion, better than Pittsburgh. But it doesn't quite matter. This drive right here is what is gonna decide the game. If Seattle can score quick to make it 21-17, then there is a chance. *EDIT* Big Call right here. He was touched on the jersey though. *EDIT*
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-02-05, 6:41 PM #50
There's been quite a few dodgy calls in this game. Makes you wonder ...
2006-02-05, 6:41 PM #51
It's pretty much done unless Seatle can get a quicj three and out and score really fast.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-05, 6:44 PM #52
Originally posted by CavEmaN:
There's been quite a few dodgy calls in this game. Makes you wonder ...

Yeah, I bet Joey Porter won't be yelling "conspiracy theory" now.

*Edit* Wow, another blown call. He didn't get that Timeout off before the clock*Edit*

2006-02-05, 6:45 PM #53
<Genki> haha, the hurricane commercial just got cut by a local ad
<tofu> hurricane?
<mscbuck> now the game is over
<Genki> 'help hurricane katrina vic- BUY THIS CAR'
<mscbuck> they kinda needed a TD on the last drive lol
<mscbuck> lol
<mscbuck> awesome
<tofu> heh
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-05, 6:53 PM #54
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
So what did you guys think of the Rolling Stones' half-time show?

Paul McCartney sounded better last year. I thought the Stones' didn't sound fantastic. Mick Jagger is still able to move pretty well, considering his age.
2006-02-05, 6:56 PM #55
yeah seahawks are definitly getting the shaft in this game. refs are really giving out some bad calls.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-02-05, 7:08 PM #56
STEELERS WIN!

And, I'm an utter idiot and clicked the wrong checkbox just now and voted that I thought the seahawks would win :o
一个大西瓜
2006-02-05, 7:10 PM #57
thats why i clicked all of them!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-05, 7:18 PM #58
Disappointing game. I found myself too mad at penalities to enjoy it.

I don't care that Pittsburgh won, but they didn't deserve to the way it happened.

2006-02-05, 7:29 PM #59
WOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!

I called my friends in Pittsburgh but all I heard was screaming and burning. :D
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-02-05, 7:37 PM #60
Many people that I talk to (and/or read online) seem to agree that there was some significant ref bias -- too bad it had to happen on such a significant game..
woot!
2006-02-05, 7:41 PM #61
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Yeah, if you aren't watching the Super Bowl, or if you don't like football, just stay the hell out of this thread. We have no need for your "Omg, football sucks". Yes Yoshi, that includes you. There is absoulty NO need, 0%, to come in and just say that you don't like football. I mean, totally totally useless. I mean, what possessed you to come in here and say something tha tyou KNEW would start an argument? If you don't like football, go start your own thread, instead of potentially ruining another.

Anyways, I think the game just pulled out of reach. Seattle is getting an ultimate shaft with penalty calls. A touchdown turned back, a chance at the 1yd line for the TD called back. I usually don't care if there are bad holdings or offsides in the middles of drives. I won't blame a loss for those. But when two penalties DENY two touchdowns, that's when I get pissed.

Seattle is playing really well, in my opinion, better than Pittsburgh. But it doesn't quite matter. This drive right here is what is gonna decide the game. If Seattle can score quick to make it 21-17, then there is a chance. *EDIT* Big Call right here. He was touched on the jersey though. *EDIT*

I came in and said "Don't really care." I didn't say OMG SPORTS SUCK, I just posted what I thought. I ended up watching some anyways, and it was a bad game. Way too one-sided. So don't place the blame on me because everyone takes offense.
D E A T H
2006-02-05, 7:45 PM #62
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I came in and said "Don't really care." I didn't say OMG SPORTS SUCK, I just posted what I thought. I ended up watching some anyways, and it was a bad game. Way too one-sided. So don't place the blame on me because everyone takes offense.[/QUOTE]

If the refs were fair, the game wouldn't have been so bad...Seahawks probably would've won.

$0.02
woot!
2006-02-05, 7:47 PM #63
If the NFL refs were biased, Indy would have been in the Super Bowl.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2006-02-05, 8:04 PM #64
Originally posted by JLee:
If the refs were fair, the game wouldn't have been so bad...Seahawks probably would've won.

$0.02

They only made one bad call, and after all was said and done it didn't give the Steelers the win, just pushed them ahead by more. From what I can tell at least. I heard Seattle was all over the place as far as penalties go.
D E A T H
2006-02-05, 8:09 PM #65
Refs totally won it for them. That holding penalty that pushed the Seahawks back to the 30 instead of being on the 1 yard line bas bullcrap. And if it wasn't bullcrap, then it was still bullcrap, because there were 4 or 5 "holds" EXACTLY like that on the Steelers with no call.

And also, its not OK for Hasselbeck to go down toward the knees on a tackle, but its ok for Roethlisberger to do the same thing on that gadget Randl El pass? Gimme a Friggin break. Refs blow.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-02-05, 8:13 PM #66
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]They only made one bad call, and after all was said and done it didn't give the Steelers the win, just pushed them ahead by more. From what I can tell at least. I heard Seattle was all over the place as far as penalties go.[/QUOTE]

There was the pass interference call that took a TD away from Seattle. It was a bad call. There was the Pittsburg TD that was reviewed, but sould have been called back, and there was a bad call on a play that would have put Seattle at the Pittsburg 1 yard line. Those are 3 major calls that affected the outcome of the game.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-05, 8:14 PM #67
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]They only made one bad call, and after all was said and done it didn't give the Steelers the win, just pushed them ahead by more. From what I can tell at least. I heard Seattle was all over the place as far as penalties go.[/QUOTE]

there was definitly more than 1. i counted at least 4 or 5 that made a big difference in the outcome of the game. the seahawks played really well. they really didn't have too many penalties (other than big ones that were setup by the refs).
by my estimation the seahawks would have had at least 10 more points (the first touchdown and at least a fieldgoal from the holding penalty at the 1 yard line) plus the first steelers touchdown that shouldn't have counted (BECAUSE HE DIDN'T CROSS THE GOALLINE UNTIL AFTER HE WAS DOWN) would have put them down 7 points. so the score should have been closer to 20 to 14 with the seahawks winning.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-02-05, 8:15 PM #68

Er ... one?

Jackson's touchdown.
Steelers defensive offside.
Roethlisberger's touchdown.
Hussleback's blocking penalty.
Hussleback's fumble which was later reversed.

That with Betti's last game and Bill Moustache face's '96 demons makes you wonder if this game was orchestrated.

And it's surprising I know so much about american football.
2006-02-05, 8:15 PM #69
Originally posted by Avenger:
There was the pass interference call that took a TD away from Seattle. It was a bad call. There was the Pittsburg TD that was reviewed, but sould have been called back, and there was a bad call on a play that would have put Seattle at the Pittsburg 1 yard line. Those are 3 major calls that affected the outcome of the game.

Both of those TDs were good. The Seattle one was good, and we have a Dish DVR and spent about 3 minutes looking at the ball to see if it crossed the line. It did. They were both a touchdown. But I didn't see the holding call, so I can't comment.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-05, 8:16 PM #70
Also, I like how the "I think the Steelers will win." option has gone up a few percent sicne the game ended. :p
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-05, 8:17 PM #71
Yeah, but did it cross the goal line before he was down? I don't really thin kit did.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-05, 8:20 PM #72
Yeah, but did it cross the goal line before he was down? I don't really thin kit did.

I do think it did...as much as I hate to admit it.

However..between the other two calls, the hawks would've had a good shot at the game.
woot!
2006-02-05, 8:23 PM #73
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
And also, its not OK for Hasselbeck to go down toward the knees on a tackle, but its ok for Roethlisberger to do the same thing on that gadget Randl El pass? Gimme a Friggin break. Refs blow.

Actually, the rule is that players can't engage blockers below the waist (or "cut" them) on a change of possession, so if Hasselbeck had in fact been cut-blocking, there would have been a difference.

That said, Hasselbeck wasn't cut-blocking, he was making a tackle, so yes, the call was still absolutely horrible.

I'm not sure if I buy the bias explanation for the bad calls in this game. We've been seeing this kind of thing all year, and the truth is, it's just incompetence. This has been the worst-officiated season since at least the '99-'00 season, and there'd better be some changes in the offseason.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-02-05, 8:28 PM #74
Yeah, but did it cross the goal line before he was down? I don't really think it did.

There's no way they could have overturned that call based on the available evidence, and I'm confident that it was right to begin with. The ball was pushed back while he was on his way down, and still landed just short of the goal line. There were bad calls in the game, but that wasn't one of them.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-02-05, 8:31 PM #75
[QUOTE=Michael MacFarlane]There's no way they could have overturned that call based on the available evidence, and I'm confident that it was right to begin with. The ball was pushed back while he was on his way down, and still landed just short of the goal line. There were bad calls in the game, but that wasn't one of them.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with that call..but I do disagree with pass interference on the completed Seahawk TD pass.

Then again, I'm obviously not a professional referee..
woot!
2006-02-05, 8:36 PM #76
I agree with MacFarlane.

He crossed the line whilst mid-air and then was pushed back, so it still counts. And all you whiners who are complaining about bad officiating are just upset that the Seahawks were STEAMROLLED. :D

The Seahawks had a really organized opening compared to the Steelers, but you can't deny that later on in the game the Steelers really did put out a good game.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-02-05, 8:38 PM #77
They weren't really steamrolled though.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-05, 8:44 PM #78
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
I agree with MacFarlane.

He crossed the line whilst mid-air and then was pushed back, so it still counts. And all you whiners who are complaining about bad officiating are just upset that the Seahawks were STEAMROLLED. :D

The Seahawks had a really organized opening compared to the Steelers, but you can't deny that later on in the game the Steelers really did put out a good game.

Yea you're bound to have a good game when the refs wont let anything go wrong for you :rolleyes:
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-02-05, 8:44 PM #79
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]To be honest, I don't really care for football. Hell, I don't really care period.[/QUOTE]

*cough*

Anyway-

That game wasnt called the greatest. Certainly was fun to watch though.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-02-05, 8:46 PM #80
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Yea you're bound to have a good game when the refs wont let anything go wrong for you :rolleyes:

Well, it definitely doesn't hurt..heh
woot!

↑ Up to the top!