Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Don't you just HATE meteors?!
Don't you just HATE meteors?!
2006-02-15, 10:28 AM #41
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]Sigh. Do I have to close this thread?

NO CHUCK NORRIS.[/QUOTE]

Chuck Norris begs you for mercy.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-02-15, 11:27 AM #42
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]Why does the land ripple so?[/QUOTE]

Liquefication. It's an incredibly bizarre phenomenon, best witnessed in earthquakes - the matter of the land is literally so ****ed up by the shockwaves that it ripples.
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2006-02-15, 11:40 AM #43
Originally posted by Gee_4ce:
Liquefication. It's an incredibly bizarre phenomenon, best witnessed in earthquakes - the matter of the land is literally so ****ed up by the shockwaves that it ripples.

Like when Micheal Moore sits down.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-02-15, 12:32 PM #44
Attachment: 10425/image1.jpg (13,993 bytes)
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-02-15, 1:08 PM #45
Originally posted by Echoman:
I guess that meteor was meteoright.

*smack!*

I was reading my email in an internet cafe, and a meteor kept reading over my shoulder. How rude!
I'm just a little boy.
2006-02-15, 1:18 PM #46

NO CHUCK NORRIS.[/QUOTE]

chucknorrischucknorrischucknorrischucknorrischuck norrischucknorrischucknorrischucknorrischucknorris
2006-02-15, 1:20 PM #47
Dude, one time, I was so going to ask this hot chick out, and this meteor so totally went and asked her out first, even though like he totally knew I was going to ask her out like the very the next day.
2006-02-15, 1:24 PM #48
Meteor stole my bike!

Pesky things...
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2006-02-15, 1:34 PM #49
Originally posted by tofu:
[Meteror impact picture]

I could be wrong, but it seems like something that big would break the planet into several pieces if it hit.
2006-02-15, 1:38 PM #50
Originally posted by Wolfy:

omg it's a meteor
2006-02-15, 2:28 PM #51
A meteor gave me asteriods. :gbk:
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2006-02-15, 4:48 PM #52
Vincent I'll help you solve this problem. However, to do so we need to locate a silver haired man with a trench coat who carries a long katana. I hope your skills with a gun haven't deteriorate over the years.
2006-02-15, 5:07 PM #53
I feel like meteors get really defensive towards me for some reason and then it just snowballs and affects both of us the same way.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-02-15, 5:20 PM #54
METEORS SUPPORT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION! THEY MUST BE STOPPED.

Paid for by the Committee Against Meteorlogical Immigration
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-15, 5:34 PM #55
lol, JG wins.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-02-15, 6:21 PM #56

Err actually, it's when water saturated soil begins behaving like a liquid. This often happen during earth quakes because of the shaking. It causes building to sink.

Originally posted by Anovis:
omg it's a meteor

That's no meteor...
2006-02-16, 8:45 AM #57

NO CHUCK NORRIS.[/QUOTE]

You're just crying cause no one is talking about Vin.
2006-02-16, 12:15 PM #58

I don't know. I don't think the picture will ever be scientifically accurate.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-02-16, 12:33 PM #59
Originally posted by Cloud:
Vincent I'll help you solve this problem. However, to do so we need to locate a silver haired man with a trench coat who carries a long katana. I hope your skills with a gun haven't deteriorate over the years.

Hahah.
2006-02-16, 5:16 PM #60
Originally posted by Cloud:

don't forget Holy...

(I was waiting for someone else to notice that Vicent talking about how much he hated meteor's was funny in in of itself.)
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-02-16, 5:54 PM #61
[QUOTE=Numenor King]don't forget Holy...

(I was waiting for someone else to notice that Vicent talking about how much he hated meteor's was funny in in of itself.)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I didn't even make that connection until Cloud said it. I was talking about Outpost 2... but apparently only Ictus caught that.
2006-02-16, 6:22 PM #62
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Err actually, it's when water saturated soil begins behaving like a liquid. This often happen during earth quakes because of the shaking. It causes building to sink.

Please then, explain why paved roads behave the same way.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-02-16, 6:25 PM #63
Because everyone knows that pavement is made out of water. Retard.

:p
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-02-16, 6:28 PM #64
Silly me, I forgot about my weekly boat drive on the open highways... ;)
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-02-16, 6:38 PM #65
Originally posted by Roach:
Silly me, I forgot about my weekly boat drive on the open highways... ;)

Why do you think tires are filled with air?
2006-02-16, 9:44 PM #66
Yeah, this is bad. Outpost 2 for all of you, now.
2006-02-16, 9:48 PM #67
Originally posted by Roach:
Please then, explain why paved roads behave the same way.

Roads are made from tar, an elastic material. They don't behave in exactly the same way because nothing goes THROUGH them. Occasionally caskets which have a good seal and appreciable air will float to the top in high liquifaction zones. Liquifaction is, in fact, water saturated soil shaking and moving in a liquid manner.

I need to know this because I live in a medium liquifaciton zone.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-02-16, 10:06 PM #68
Caskets in dirt != bahavior of pavement...
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-02-16, 10:40 PM #69
Originally posted by Wolfy:

That's no meteor THATS A SPACE STATION!
*Que Imperial March
2006-02-17, 12:11 PM #70
It's a bleedin' period/full stop, now stop panicking and go home.
Seishun da!

↑ Up to the top!