Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Early Graduation Gift
Early Graduation Gift
2006-02-17, 2:00 PM #1
Last night my parents offered to buy me an early graduation gift. A bass of my choice. Freaking score.

So I went to guitar center, and I played a bunch of bass, but my favorite is still the Ibanez ASB140 Semi-Hollow Electric Bass. I'm going to pick it up later this week if all goes well.

Post your graduation gifts.
Attachment: 10454/bass.jpg (22,953 bytes)
Think while it's still legal.
2006-02-17, 2:15 PM #2
GASP! HE PLAYED SONGS ON HIS GUITAR WITHOUT PAYING FOR THEM!
Any way...Nice get on massradio with that thang YO!
2006-02-17, 2:16 PM #3
i havent graduated... ever.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-17, 2:42 PM #4
I love how children get gifts for things they are supposed to do...like graduating high school.... Chris Rock said it best about praising things we should already doo:

"Niggaz like to brag 'I take care of my kids'. You're SUPPOSED to take care of your kids you stupid mother****er!." -Chris Rock
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2006-02-17, 2:43 PM #5
Nice guitar by the way

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2006-02-17, 2:44 PM #6
You know what I got for graduating?

Another year before I get thrown out.
2006-02-17, 2:46 PM #7
Yeah, I always hated the kids that got paid for their grades in school too. One I knew, got like $100 for every A on his report card.

All I got for an A was "good job", and a B was "Do you want to work at a grocery store the rest of your life?!!?!?!""

:(
2006-02-17, 2:49 PM #8
Originally posted by Ubuu:
I love how children get gifts for things they are supposed to do...like graduating high school....

Yeah, it seems a good many people have low standards. You have issues if you haven't graduated from high school.
2006-02-17, 2:53 PM #9
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
Yeah, I always hated the kids that got paid for their grades in school too. One I knew, got like $100 for every A on his report card.

All I got for an A was "good job", and a B was "Do you want to work at a grocery store the rest of your life?!!?!?!""

:(

You could get straight d's all throughout highschool, go to communinity college, and then transfer to a regular 4 year easy.
2006-02-17, 3:07 PM #10
High school was a joke. I Ferris Buellered my way all the way through, graduated with a 3.5, and gave a whopping 10% the whole ride. I could have tried, I could have gotten a 4.4 GPA, but why? There is no point. I didnt want to leave my home town, I wanted to go to my local Community College, I am, and I love it and would not have had it any other way. Dont be tricked into thinking you're "too good" for a Junior College and waste money going to a 4 year university right off the bat unless you really REALLY want to. Its not necessary.

I've always wanted to learn guitar, but never got around to it. Hmm.

This was my graduation gift:

[http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3094/pa0200147hj.jpg]
2006-02-17, 3:24 PM #11
I love how children get gifts for things they are supposed to do...like graduating high school.... Chris Rock said it best about praising things we should already doo:

"Niggaz like to brag 'I take care of my kids'. You're SUPPOSED to take care of your kids you stupid mother****er!." -Chris Rock

My graduation gift was a laptop so I have a computer at college.
2006-02-17, 4:22 PM #12
Originally posted by tofu:

Same here.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-02-17, 4:27 PM #13
My graduation present stands to be leaving town before my mom can ***** me out about something or another and never having contact with her again.

Personally, I think that's a damn good present.
D E A T H
2006-02-17, 4:29 PM #14
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]My graduation present stands to be leaving town before my mom can ***** me out about something or another and never having contact with her again.

Personally, I think that's a damn good present.[/QUOTE]

CRAWWWWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN, THESE WOOOOOOUNDS THEY WIIIIIIIILL NOT HEAAAAAAAAAL.
2006-02-17, 4:32 PM #15
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]CRAWWWWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN, THESE WOOOOOOUNDS THEY WIIIIIIIILL NOT HEAAAAAAAAAL.[/QUOTE]

Greatest. Post. Ever.

Edit: Signatured
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-17, 4:42 PM #16
Originally posted by tofu:

Thats your parents excuse for giving you something you NEED and labeling it a gift. For some reason parents do that. Makes the pockets feel less empty.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2006-02-17, 4:43 PM #17
My parents would make me pay for a laptop even if I needed it for college, so if I got one of those, I'd consider it a gift. Then again, that's my parents.
2006-02-17, 5:01 PM #18
spe, you get an oscar.

I never really got presents for doing well at school, probably cos i usually didnt do well at school much.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-17, 5:03 PM #19
Thats your parents excuse for giving you something you NEED and labeling it a gift. For some reason parents do that. Makes the pockets feel less empty.

They helped me pay for a laptop because I wanted one, it's a gift.
2006-02-17, 5:04 PM #20
then they rewarded you for graduating. congrats :rolleyes:

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2006-02-17, 5:13 PM #21
People get a graduation gifts, because they just spent around 12 years of their life furthering there knowledge. People get birthday gifts because they have been alive for one more year since...the last year. People get wedding gifts because you are making a choice to spend the rest of your life with another person. People get gifts on Christmas because of another persons birthday :p. People get gifts for a ton of reasons, you make it sound like getting a gift for graduating is wrong or stupid or something. It isn't. If anything, it's one of the times that giving gifts actually make sense.
2006-02-17, 5:15 PM #22
I just think is praising something that should be automatic..you go to highschool to get basic education. Why should anyone have to be given incentives to do so...

Oh, this isnt a knock just at you. This happens to everyone, you bringing it up just gave me reason to discuss it.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2006-02-17, 5:18 PM #23
It isn't an incentive to go through highschool. It's a congratulations for sticking to school and finishing the first 12 major years of learning in your life.
2006-02-17, 6:28 PM #24
Wanna hear something dorky?

My graduation gift was this:

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

:p
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-02-17, 6:40 PM #25
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:

A lego skeleton?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-17, 7:33 PM #26
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]CRAWWWWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN, THESE WOOOOOOUNDS THEY WIIIIIIIILL NOT HEAAAAAAAAAL.[/QUOTE]

Oh my god......that was so hilarious.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-02-17, 7:36 PM #27

Sweet god that was classic.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2006-02-17, 10:27 PM #28
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
High school was a joke. I Ferris Buellered my way all the way through, graduated with a 3.5, and gave a whopping 10% the whole ride. I could have tried, I could have gotten a 4.4 GPA, but why? There is no point. I didnt want to leave my home town, I wanted to go to my local Community College, I am, and I love it and would not have had it any other way. Dont be tricked into thinking you're "too good" for a Junior College and waste money going to a 4 year university right off the bat unless you really REALLY want to. Its not necessary.

I've always wanted to learn guitar, but never got around to it. Hmm.

[http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3094/pa0200147hj.jpg]

You mean the lego skeleton, right?
2006-02-17, 10:28 PM #29
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]It isn't an incentive to go through highschool. It's a congratulations for sticking to school and finishing the first 12 major years of learning in your life.[/QUOTE]
The point is they're giving you a present for doing something you're SUPPOSED to do.

They should have patted you on the back and said "way to go graduating high school... you still don't know anything useful. get a haircut and go to college."
>>untie shoes
2006-02-17, 10:40 PM #30
I've never understood grad gifts either. But nice score on the new bass.
2006-02-17, 10:48 PM #31
They should have given you a 17 years late abortion.
2006-02-17, 10:56 PM #32
Now now Rob, this isnt a bash SAJN thing...

Thank you Bill...someone sees my point.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2006-02-17, 11:08 PM #33
For a black dude, you're absolutely no fun.
2006-02-17, 11:15 PM #34
:( :( :( :( :confused: :confused: :confused:

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2006-02-18, 12:05 AM #35
I think my parents got me a bracelet or something when I graduated. And it turned from silver to some weird copperish color that turns my skin green.

However, they do pay part of my tuition, books, and paid for half of my laptop, so I'm not really complaining.

Still, there were people at my school who got cars for birthdays or graduations, and I wanted to.. well, nevermind.
2006-02-18, 12:12 AM #36
I don't know, I'll probably get more snow.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-02-18, 12:18 AM #37
then they rewarded you for graduating. congrats :rolleyes:

No, just because it's useful doesn't mean it's not a gift...
2006-02-18, 1:42 PM #38
I just think is praising something that should be automatic..you go to highschool to get basic education. Why should anyone have to be given incentives to do so...

Have you ever received gifts for your birthday? Christmas? These events are even more mundane and frequent than high school graduation. High school graduation happens once in your life. It's something to celebrate - you've successfully made it through 12 years of education.

Receiving a laptop as a graduation gift isn't anything to scoff at. It's a gift. And it's a damn nice gift. When does the fact that it's functional make it any less of a gift? If anything, that makes it an even better gift, in my opinion.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-02-18, 1:46 PM #39
Originally posted by Wolfy:
High school graduation happens once in your life.

This day happened only once in my life, but I didn't get a present because of it :(

;)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-02-18, 1:46 PM #40
My parents got me milkshakes for good grades.

I don't get too many milkshakes. :gbk:
Epstein didn't kill himself.

↑ Up to the top!