Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anybody like knives?
Anybody like knives?
2006-02-19, 5:00 PM #41
my knives are **** they cant cut butter
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2006-02-19, 5:14 PM #42
Originally posted by Hebedee:
Tanto swords?

tanto= really short katana. Best damn letter opener money can buy.
2006-02-19, 10:02 PM #43
Oops..forgot to list:

Leatherman Micra
Leatherman Super Tool
Swiss Army Knife (made by one of the two main companies..I forget which one)

...I think that's it.
woot!
2006-02-20, 4:11 AM #44
Originally posted by Zell:
CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK. My god, Vin Diesel is such a badass in that movie.

indeed he is...

have a cookie :D
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-02-20, 10:57 AM #45
Originally posted by Hebedee:
Ahh, Helle. I had a bad first experience with Camillus and didn't pursue any more of their products. I, however, love Spyderco's knife designs.

What problems have you had with Camillus? They've always been great. I really wanted to buy one of their CQB knives, but decided to try something different and am going for the Benchmade instead.

Spyderco makes a great knife. Neither I nor anyone I know have had any problems with them. They're solid, have great edge retention, and ever fail to perform. I am quite satisfied with mine. I just find the design to be unnactrative. I don't like how they all have thumb holes instead of studs. It's just personal preference, really.

Spyderco makes the best knife sharpener, too. Their triangle sharpener set is simply the best.

This is a tanto point.

This is a spear point.

Both have advantages. Spear points are easier to sharpen, and are better for prying and slicing actions (like whittlinge-type slices). Tantos retain their edge a little better, but are hard to sharpen. They have those two nice points, which are good for slicing paper, or stabbing type actions (cutting into things).

Those are my thoughts, and most knife people tend to agree. I prefer Tanto points.
2006-02-20, 11:46 AM #46
I prefer this.
Attachment: 10543/bowie.jpg (38,159 bytes)

↑ Up to the top!