Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → If you could by a Star Wars ship...
If you could by a Star Wars ship...
2006-02-20, 6:04 PM #1
What would it be? What would you name it? Who would you have crew it?

Now be reasonable people we can't have SSDs Crewd by vader and anilkan.

I would by a YT 2300 Cort crew it by myself and name it the "Cadet"

Why an old POS? It doesn't attract much attention.... ;)
2006-02-20, 6:07 PM #2
its BUYa ship for crying out loud!

ANd I want something in blue, its my favourite colour.

blue ships go faster, its a fact.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-20, 6:14 PM #3
Y'know... if a ship appears blue, it technically means it's moving slower, IE towards you.
Did you know that severe enough blue shift can concievably expose someone to gamma rays? Wacky.
I'd buy (or at least "acquire") either a World Devastator (keep it holed up in a neuranium-rich asteroid field for a few years under constant barrage by drones to toughen it up) with a group of rougish and charming pirate types, then just carve a swath of stolen cargo and broken hearts along the Hydian... or I'd get one of those sexy Sekotan ships.

-Too bad they don't work away from Sekot. Or kill people.
2006-02-20, 6:16 PM #4
SSD
Crewed by Clones with a Spartti Cylinder setup on ship >.>

I'd name it EVERYONES DOOM
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-20, 6:42 PM #5
TIE Defender, ftw.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-02-20, 6:46 PM #6
When I was a kid, I always thought tooling around town in a landspeeder would be cool. As I got older, X-Wing was the way to go.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-02-20, 6:49 PM #7
Who says buy when you can win one at a game of sarlacc.

Fair and Square
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-20, 6:57 PM #8
You're not going to win a ship playing sarlacc. Now, Sabac, however . . . . :p
Pissed Off?
2006-02-20, 7:19 PM #9
Definitely a snowspeeder.
2006-02-20, 7:27 PM #10
Slave I or Hound's Tooth.
2006-02-20, 7:28 PM #11
I'd most likely take either an Acclamator-class assault ship, or a Venator-class star destroyer, just because I think they're sexy. They wouldn't hold up against some of the bigger star destroyers, but hey, they can fly in atmosphere.

I'd probably take a Venator over an Acclamator, but exchange a lot of the hangar space for land assaults.

And I'd crew it with people who could do their job, and who I could trust.

I'd probably name it something generic but suitably SD-ish. Like Vengeance or some **** like that. I dunno.
Moo.
2006-02-20, 7:33 PM #12
I will buy you a new life, yes I will.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-20, 7:36 PM #13
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I will buy you a new life, yes I will.

This coming from the guy who still plays JK MP actively.
2006-02-20, 7:45 PM #14
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
This coming from the guy who still plays JK MP actively.

Hmm, let's examine this situation.

Not caring about awesome graphics or well rendered boobies, and playing a game because you simple think it's fun.

vs.

OMG I NEED MY HIGH POLY BOOBBIES.

One is a loser, one is not.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-02-20, 7:47 PM #15
The headhunter from MotS, it's like an X-Wing but ten times more sleek.
2006-02-20, 7:53 PM #16
Originally posted by Spook:
Not caring about awesome graphics or well rendered boobies, and playing a game because you simple think it's fun.

vs.

OMG I NEED MY HIGH POLY BOOBBIES.

One is a loser, one is not.

Of course, I must be only playing HIGH POLY BOOBBIES IN SUPER GREAT GRAPHICS ENGINE several hours a day because I can't have a negative opinion towards JK at this time.
2006-02-20, 8:34 PM #17
I'd have to go for an Eclipse-Class Star Destroyer or a World Devestator.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-02-20, 9:01 PM #18
I wouldn't want a capital ship unless I had a whole fleet for it to go with. Otherwise, I would just like to have some kind of luxury vessel...well armed of course...just in case...
2006-02-20, 9:02 PM #19
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
The headhunter from MotS, it's like an X-Wing but ten times more sleek.

With half the weapons and next to no shields/hull strength.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-02-20, 9:10 PM #20
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
With half the weapons and next to no shields/hull strength.

Except that it's far more capable in atmosphere, as it was built for atmospheric flight. The X-wing doesn't have the menuvering capabilities required for air resistance.

Oh, and NO ONE got my reference...
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-20, 10:14 PM #21
i'd buy a used SSD and find read the instructions on how to piolet it, and fly it myself.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-02-20, 10:26 PM #22
Firefly class.
2006-02-20, 10:33 PM #23
Originally posted by tofu:
Firefly class.

Win. I would totally take Serenity.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2006-02-20, 10:33 PM #24
Slave II FTW
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-02-20, 10:54 PM #25
omg i'd get a deth starr lolz.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-02-20, 11:44 PM #26
For the win Alex

[http://www.publicorgtheory.com/uploaded_images/spaceballs-704719.jpg]
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2006-02-21, 3:07 AM #27
The Ebon Hawk.

Except I'd rename it to the SS More Powerful Than Superman, Batman, Spiderman and The Incredible Hulk Put Together.

It just has a better ring to it, you know?
2006-02-21, 3:34 AM #28
I'll take the sun crusher...for some reason, flying through star destroyers sounds like fun.
"...Those living for death will die by their own hand, Life's no ordeal if you come to terms, Reject the system dictating the norms..."
2006-02-21, 4:00 AM #29
Either spitfire (I think that's what it's called) or YT-2000
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-02-21, 4:21 AM #30
b-wing.
crew of me.
name it boy.
i'd have a bounty on my head.
2006-02-21, 9:16 AM #31
I read that as if you could BE a star wars ship :D
/fluffle
2006-02-21, 9:54 AM #32
Blue makes space cops pull you over more often.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-02-21, 9:58 AM #33
i'd have them all.

and call them "THE HOLOCAUST DIDNT HAPPEN"
2006-02-21, 10:01 AM #34
Skipray Blastboat, Otana (YT-2000), Ebon Hawk, Slave I, Jedi Starfighter or maybe a TIE Defender or Missile Boat. I always thought V-Wings were cool too because of their SCRAM jets and cluster missiles, and the snowspeeders are just cool, bnut neither can fly in space :(

If I was cap-shipping it then that big fictional SD that can carry SSDs in its hangar bays would be my pick. I can't remember what it's called but it's about in a couple of places...
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2006-02-21, 10:37 AM #35
DEATH STAR

... with force fields protecting that silly exaust port

2006-02-21, 10:57 AM #36
Assault Gunboat
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2006-02-21, 11:15 AM #37
Mon Cal Cruiser
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-02-21, 11:44 AM #38
Except that it's far more capable in atmosphere, as it was built for atmospheric flight. The X-wing doesn't have the menuvering capabilities required for air resistance.

It wasn't built for atmospheric flight, it was built for the same purpose that the X-Wing was, only, you know.. earlier. They do posess greater manueverability, in and out of atmosphere, but not enough to give them a significant edge over an X-Wing. Also, it's shields are weaker than an X-Wing, it has a standard configuration of only 2 lasers, it carries concussion missiles instead of proton torpedoes, and it lacks a hyperdrive. The X-Wing is, for the most part, a superior starfighter. (X-Wings were built as the successor to the Z-95, so that's hardly a surprise.)

The Z-95, however, is very modular in it's configuration (something which the X-Wing isn't), and can easily and cheaply be modified for other uses, which is why it's still in action well into the NJO, though mostly just as private security and system patrols. And pirates. Arr.
Moo.
2006-02-21, 12:01 PM #39
An A-wing of course! I love my A wing :). With olive green, black, and white markings too.
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2006-02-21, 12:42 PM #40

What, your quoting of Everclear's "I Will Buy You a New Life"? I didn't know we were supposed to point it out.

ISDs are cool, but too big. I'd like a Corillian Corvette. The crew: Blue twi'lek females. I'd call it the S.S. Funkatronic. Gettin' down in zero G, aww yeah.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."

↑ Up to the top!