Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → If you could travel in time, where would you go?
If you could travel in time, where would you go?
2006-02-22, 6:58 AM #41
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
I'm actually looking for somebody to go back in time with me. You need to bring your own weapons. Safety is not guaranteed. I have only done it once before.

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT [/color]
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-02-22, 9:55 AM #42
Hey guys, I'm better than you because I made the first comment on the 'Safety not Guaranteed' YTMND, which was recently made a classic along with Picard Song, What is Love?, etc. :D

I believe my comment was something along the lines of "LOL! This is bound to be an isntant classic." Damn am I good or what?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-02-22, 9:59 AM #43
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Yelling HIDE to Archduke Franz Ferdinand

"You're in a car in the middle of the street with nowhere to go, but hide, that man with rhe sandwich on the corner is about to shoot you!"

"Vhat?"

*Bang*
*Princip arrested*

JG - "Well.... the next 5 years should be interesting."
nope.
2006-02-22, 10:34 AM #44
Originally posted by Baconfish:
"You're in a car in the middle of the street with nowhere to go, but hide, that man with rhe sandwich on the corner is about to shoot you!"

"Vhat?"

*Bang*
*Princip arrested*

JG - "Well.... the next 5 years should be interesting."

Well ****...

Ok. The Treaty of Versailles is not to far off.

Achtung! Unterzeichnen Sie nicht diesen Vertrag! Vertrauen Sie mir. Er wird sehr schlecht sein.
(Attention! Don't sign that treaty! Trust me. It will be very bad.)
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-22, 10:37 AM #45
What I would do :

"Psst, Frenchie, theres not as many soldiers in the Rheinland as you think."
nope.
2006-02-22, 11:18 AM #46
Have the French extend the Maginot line up to the border with Belgium. And give Poland the biggest arsenal in history.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-02-22, 11:42 AM #47
You couldn't save someone if you traveled back in time.

(For those who don't understand temporal anomalies)

You go back to Lincoln's assassination. You save him from being killed. Now, your timeline is twisted into oblivion, and here's why:

Suddenly, Lincoln was never killed, meaning you never go back in time to save him, meaning he dies. Congratulations, you're in a time-loop.

The moral is: Don't Muck Around With Time.

On the other hand, I'd love to take a chemical laser back to the Middle Ages.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-02-22, 11:46 AM #48
Originally posted by Matterialize:

You go back to Lincoln's assassination. You save him from being killed. Now, your timeline is twisted into oblivion, and here's why:

Suddenly, Lincoln was never killed, meaning you never go back in time to save him, meaning he dies. Congratulations, you're in a time-loop.

Ah the Grandfather paradox. Who's to say that doesn't always occur. I'm not privvy to the latest theories on time.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-22, 11:57 AM #49
Originally posted by Matterialize:

On the other hand, I'd love to take a chemical laser back to the Middle Ages.

I think, a better one of those is this.

You have a time portal, and a loaded 9mm pistol.

You plan to go back 5 minutes from then, and shoot yourself. Just then someone steps out of a portal that pops up across the room, staggering, holding their bleeding eye socket. You don't get a good look at them. They aim for your head, but instead catch you in the eye with a bullet. You stagger back into your own time portal, and stumble out only to see yourself, raise your gun, and shoot yourself in the eye in the eye.

Repeat.
2006-02-22, 12:33 PM #50
No time travel sorry.
:)

But really, the star wars thing probably sounds like the best idea.
Other big movies too, like gone with the wind.

Also, woodstock. definatly woodstock.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."

↑ Up to the top!