Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How are your eyes?
How are your eyes?
2006-02-24, 1:36 PM #1
Well, after years of wanting and finally enough determination, I finally got fitted (successfully) for contact lenses yesterday, and am currently wearing some. These are really amazing. It's so nice to have awesome vision and not have an awkward metallic/glass fixture on my face. Not that I hated how I looked in glasses, I just hated wearing them in general. Now I can get a pair of Oakleys and not have to pay an extra $150 for them to be prescription (among tons of other benefits)!

So this sparked my curiosity about how the average Massassian's vision is.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-02-24, 1:39 PM #2
I have contacts and glasses. Sometimes wearing glasses is much, much nicer.

But, I agree about the sunglasses. Oddly, I cannot find my 200 dollar Arnettes... This makes me very, very pissed off.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-24, 1:39 PM #3
I've never even had a risk of getting eyeglasses, the rest of my family all have them. Even though 3 years ago I had slight shortsightedness, last time when I got my eyes checked it was gone and my eyesight was excellent again. And still seems so.

I should get good sunglasses though, just to cover my ugly eyes though.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-02-24, 1:41 PM #4
I have contacts, my eyesight isn't too good, -2.75
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-02-24, 1:41 PM #5
My eyesight is ok... But not great. I have glasses... I rarely wear them, just cause it's too much of a hassle.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-02-24, 1:41 PM #6
>.>
little nearsighted
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-24, 1:43 PM #7
20/15 vision. I don't need glasses.
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2006-02-24, 1:44 PM #8
Quite short sighted, enough to need glasses for things like driving. I don't know the actual figures, though. Also required to get annual eye exams to make sure my diabetes isn't causing any damage in there (something to do with the nerves, I forget). I don't mind glasses since I don't need to wear them that often, and I'd be hopeless with contacts, so I'm fairly happy about the whole situation.
2006-02-24, 1:45 PM #9
I'm slightly nearsighted. Only need my glasses to read stuff on the board in a big lecture hall when sitting way in the back.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-24, 1:53 PM #10
20/20
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-02-24, 1:56 PM #11
When I was but a wee child, my eyes collapsed on themselves creating a pair of black holes. Now I have to wear intraverted bio-nuclear acme eye implants to keep from sucking in the rest of the world with my awesomeness.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-02-24, 2:08 PM #12
The only thing I can't focus on is anything about three inches from my face or closer. So... I'd say my eyes are fine.
2006-02-24, 2:11 PM #13
Originally posted by Uberslug:
The only thing I can't focus on is about three inches from my face. So... I'd say my eyes are fine.

Damn, you have a long nose!
2006-02-24, 2:12 PM #14
-6.5 in the left and -5.5 in the right. I think. With mild astgmatism.

I can barely focus on stuff, I can't read the big letter without these glasses, I've had 'em since I was two and I wouldn't get contacts for the world.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-02-24, 2:13 PM #15
Close to 20/40. I have glasses, but I don't wear them because I don't want my eyes to get used to them. Serves me right for spending so much time staring at my screen. :gbk:
Historians are the most powerful and dangerous members of any society. They must be watched carefully... They can spoil everything. - Nikita Khrushchev.
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god. - Jean Rostand.
2006-02-24, 2:16 PM #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberslug
The only thing I can't focus on is about three inches from my face. So... I'd say my eyes are fine.

...Must....resist....penis joke...
Think while it's still legal.
2006-02-24, 2:20 PM #17
Bah!
2006-02-24, 2:22 PM #18
anything further than 5 inches away is blurry. i wear glasses most of the time, but i do have contacts.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-02-24, 2:33 PM #19
-4.75 on the left -4.0 on the right.

its amazing. i've never met anyone with worse eyes than me before. you know, except blind people.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-02-24, 2:57 PM #20
Originally posted by LordVirus:
20/15 vision. I don't need glasses.

High five, eyesight buddy.
2006-02-24, 3:00 PM #21
Oakley sunglasses are ugly.

My eyesight, like my hearing, is not so great.
2006-02-24, 3:13 PM #22
I wear glasses - I'd never have the patience for contacts. The only time I would ever like them is when I go off on army cadet exercises. Because my glasses are sport fit, looking down a set of sights or a scope gives me double vision and makes my shooting awful (I had to qualify as a marksman without my glasses, I don't know how I did it) and it's just a pain trying to keep them safe for a few days in the wild.
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2006-02-24, 3:24 PM #23
If I take my glasses off I cannot read the screen.

I also have contacts and I agree they are much nicer. but I got some glasses that look alot better than my old ones and because of the hassle contacts can be in the morning I usualy wear glasses now. but contacts are very nice.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-02-24, 3:38 PM #24
+1/+1 for each lens. They are for reading.

Otherwise 20/13 vision according to last exam.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-24, 3:39 PM #25
Last time I had them checked I had 20/13. But that was several years ago, and my eyesight has probably deteriorated due to staring at the computer screen at 4:00 am.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-02-24, 3:52 PM #26
Starting to get pretty crappy. I'm shortsighted, and I have a fairly weak prescription for glasses that I use for driving and reading slides/notes in class. Otherwise I'd rather just be blind cause I hate having glasses hanging off my nose.

I really feel like I need a stronger prescription now too. How much do contacts cost, how do they wear? Is it logical for me to get them if I'm only going to wear them when I'm outside my house?
2006-02-24, 4:18 PM #27
I am thinking of getting LASIK in the military. I've heard they will pay for it, even if it will cut off certain job avenues. I really don't care, as I would rather be able to see even if I lose my glasses (shortsighted enough to need them to drive, and I am not as good of a shot without them) and not be shot. I'm a bit concerned about things I've heard about losing some nightvision, and leary of long term effects.

So yeah, my eyes aren't REALLY bad...

TRIVIA:The (old) singer of INXS was so blind he could only see the first five rows as blurry people, so he rarely got scared of big stadium shows.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-02-24, 4:20 PM #28
-10.0 on both right and left.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-02-24, 4:30 PM #29
I wear contacts. -5.5 on the right, -5 on the left.
2006-02-24, 4:35 PM #30
Glasses. I prefer to have them off as much as possible.
2006-02-24, 4:59 PM #31
-2.25 in both eyes. <3 contacts
former entrepreneur
2006-02-24, 5:11 PM #32
20/20 Farsighted
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2006-02-24, 5:28 PM #33
Originally posted by Malus:
-10.0 on both right and left.

Are you legally blind w/o corrective lenses on?
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-24, 5:47 PM #34
When I was younger and had my last eye test I made the eye doctor write "can see through time" on my documents.

I think its still there.

Its probablly alot worse now.
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2006-02-24, 6:00 PM #35
i wear glasses almost constantly

I tried contacts once, too expensive, and made my eyes really sore.

Plus I'd spend an hour getting them in, cos I have narrow slanty eyes, and long eye lashes.

God knows how chinese girls manage. :rolleyes:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-24, 6:01 PM #36
i was expecting one of those eye melting images
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-02-24, 6:09 PM #37
Originally posted by Ruthven:
God knows how chinese girls manage. :rolleyes:

That is really what the kama sutra was created for.
2006-02-24, 6:19 PM #38
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Are you legally blind w/o corrective lenses on?

Well, I'm not legally blind per se, but it is pretty bad without my contact lenses on.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-02-24, 6:23 PM #39
I'm about -5 in both eyes.

I use these 30 day at a time lenses. You don't take them out at all, not even when you sleep. They're so comfortable that I've worn them for over two months because I forget I had them in. They really are the next best thing to lasik or other corrective procedures.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-02-24, 6:34 PM #40
My last one was 20/12, it may actually be closer to 20/10, but they didn't bother testing that far. They were just like "Okay, that's plenty good for me".

Stupid doc, doesn't he know I want bragging rights? :(

↑ Up to the top!