Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mike Dirnt = Loz
Mike Dirnt = Loz
2006-02-25, 5:58 PM #1
Mike Dirnt from Green Day looks like Loz from Advent Children.
Attachment: 10688/gdac.jpg (84,012 bytes)
Think while it's still legal.
2006-02-25, 6:20 PM #2
Hehehehehehehe
Pissed Off?
2006-02-25, 6:25 PM #3
but generally, their heads have a vaguely similiar shape, other than that, they do not look alike.
2006-02-25, 6:27 PM #4
Not a chance.
2006-02-25, 6:27 PM #5
The spikey hair, sideburns, the eyebrows, the nose, the mouth, the chin, the skin >.> <.<
Think while it's still legal.
2006-02-25, 6:41 PM #6
they both have spikey hair, eyebrows, noses, mouths, chins and flesh.

oh **** yeah, they have similar sideburns, other than that their heads are the same shape... try comparing the rest of their features, no match.
2006-02-25, 6:50 PM #7
what an ugly man! :eek:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-25, 7:08 PM #8
Hahaha. :)
2006-02-25, 11:39 PM #9
You have way too much time on your hands, SAJN. :p And uggh... Green Day. Such a terrible band...
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2006-02-26, 12:05 AM #10
Originally posted by Nightwind:
You have way too much time on your hands, SAJN. :p And uggh... Green Day. Such a terrible band...

Die. Now.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-26, 12:26 AM #11
New Greenday sucks balls, although I did like Basket Case era Greenday.
2006-02-26, 12:45 AM #12
Originally posted by Ruthven:
what an ugly man! :eek:

Men aren't supposed to be pretty.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-02-26, 1:12 AM #13
True most men aren't pretty, but that doesn't make them ugly.
There is a whole range of looks they can have.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-02-26, 1:37 AM #14
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
New Greenday sucks balls, although I did like Basket Case era Greenday.

Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and disargree and suggest that you die as well.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-26, 3:27 AM #15
old greenday > new greenday.
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-26, 3:56 AM #16
Old greenday is only better to people because of their age. Old School Greenday = young greenday and young people like it. New greenday = older aged greenday: people who've grown up with them like it too, whilst also liking the older stuff from when they were younger too.

Or in a less convoluted way, as they have grown and matured, so has their music. You can't expect middle aged blokes to still sing about puberty and growing up.

Also, greenday are quality.
2006-02-26, 5:12 AM #17
Iiii walk a lonely roadddddddd, the only one that IIIIII have evvvvvver known!

(Must be because he wears eye shadow)
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-02-26, 5:49 AM #18
lol
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-26, 6:46 AM #19
Their hair almost matches.

Other than that, no.
2006-02-26, 12:01 PM #20
Originally posted by Jepman:
Iiii walk a lonely roadddddddd, the only one that IIIIII have evvvvvver known!

(Must be because he wears eye shadow)

That song is actually supposed to be really overly emo. It's about a time in the lead singers life when he was feeling really excluded and ended up getting into drugs pretty hardcore.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-26, 2:44 PM #21
I second the motion that Green Day sucks.

As far as the comparison, seems to be close.
2006-02-26, 2:57 PM #22
I like greenday and I really don't care that everyone seems to hate them for growing up.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-02-26, 3:03 PM #23
i like nimrod, insomniac and dookie, their earlier stuff is a bit meh and American Idiot is a boring.
2006-02-26, 5:17 PM #24
Originally posted by Martyn:
Old greenday is only better to people because of their age. Old School Greenday = young greenday and young people like it. New greenday = older aged greenday: people who've grown up with them like it too, whilst also liking the older stuff from when they were younger too.

Or in a less convoluted way, as they have grown and matured, so has their music. You can't expect middle aged blokes to still sing about puberty and growing up.

Also, greenday are quality.

That's a completely irrational argument. Their ages have no real reflection on their sound whatsoever, comparing their old to their new. It even seems at times they they are trying to copy their old sound for their newer material. There music shows no musical "maturity" anymore than it did ten years ago, I would even go as far to say that their ability to make "good" songs have lessened over the years. The only difference I'm really noticing is that instead of singing about material they knew about, ie growing up and puberty, they are singing gutless songs about being an "american idiot", whatever substance that phrase has.

While one would think that someone nearing 34 years old would realize that they should put down the act a bit, especially if you're an already recognized act, Green Day continue to sing about the same emo issues that every other pop-punk/emo band sings about, tight pants, makeup and all.
2006-02-26, 10:49 PM #25
I won't argue that the act is still over the top (make-up etc) - but their audience is still short-arse 13 year olds predominantily and they'd be stupid not to cater to that, but in my opinion, the music has got better as they've aged.

*shrug*
2006-02-26, 10:59 PM #26
Haha I was at the beach with some buds and someone had written GREEN DAY ROX in the sand. We stamped all over it.
2006-02-27, 5:43 AM #27
Originally posted by matrixhacker:
While one would think that someone nearing 34 years old would realize that they should put down the act a bit, especially if you're an already recognized act, Green Day continue to sing about the same emo issues that every other pop-punk/emo band sings about, tight pants, makeup and all.

this act is also earning them millions, why should they tone anything down.
2006-02-27, 6:47 AM #28
Because the primary objective is to make meaningful and/or good music, not music that makes a lot of money.

(Or it should be, anyway)
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-02-27, 6:49 AM #29
but eyeliner doesnt write music :p
2006-02-27, 6:51 AM #30
Crap. You've confused me!
Ban Jin!
2006-02-27, 7:28 AM #31
Mmmm mmm Mmmm mmmmm
2006-02-27, 7:45 AM #32
Originally posted by SMOCK!:
Because the primary objective is to make meaningful and/or good music, not music that makes a lot of money.

(Or it should be, anyway)

That stopped happening long long years ago...
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-02-27, 7:47 AM #33
But we still have our DREAMS!
Ban Jin!
2006-02-27, 8:08 AM #34
Originally posted by matrixhacker:

No. Listen to the whole album. It's almost a satire on the whole 'I'm a youth rebel who is suffering' theme, which is what punk and emo are all about. The story is a lot like 'The Catcher in the Rye', seeing that it's a book Billie Joe is supposed to really like, but done in a way that works perfectly with their particular culture. It's 'I hate my mommy, go to the city and get ****ed over.

They still write about drugs, angst, anger, and ****ing the system. But to me, it's from a more mature perspective. I guess some people are too into scene politics to see past their eyeliner, and tight pants. Which might I add, is a bit more mature than green hair, excessive drugs, and playing naked on stage.

Edit:Clarified a point.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-02-27, 8:33 AM #35
Originally posted by Ruthven:
no greenday > any greenday.

Fixed.
2006-02-27, 8:36 AM #36
The Cure > *
2006-02-27, 8:52 AM #37
Green Day > Ø
Ban Jin!
2006-02-27, 9:12 AM #38
Whitesnake > *
2006-02-27, 9:14 AM #39
Originally posted by gothicX:
Fixed.

my hairy arse > gothx's taste in music

(jk, i like the WTemptation alzo!)
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-27, 12:31 PM #40
ok next time you make a comparison to ANYTHING good and greenday I shoot you.

why would you want to know what they look like anyway? guys + makeup = EEWWW!
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton

↑ Up to the top!