Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mike Dirnt = Loz
Mike Dirnt = Loz
2006-02-27, 12:37 PM #41
Originally posted by Spook:
No. Listen to the whole album. It's almost a satire on the whole 'I'm a youth rebel who is suffering' theme, which is what punk and emo are all about. The story is a lot like 'The Catcher in the Rye', seeing that it's a book Billie Joe is supposed to really like, but done in a way that works perfectly with their particular culture. It's 'I hate my mommy, go to the city and get ****ed over.

They still write about drugs, angst, anger, and ****ing the system. But to me, it's from a more mature perspective. I guess some people are too into scene politics to see past their eyeliner, and tight pants. Which might I add, is a bit more mature than green hair, excessive drugs, and playing naked on stage.

Edit:Clarified a point.

THANK YOU!
>>untie shoes
2006-02-27, 12:41 PM #42
That doesn't make it not a ****ty album.
2006-02-27, 12:42 PM #43
No, but the fact that I enjoy it immensly does.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-27, 12:45 PM #44
Hahaha.

So the fact that you enjoy it makes it a ****ty album?

I like you.
2006-02-27, 12:57 PM #45
Damn you, Rob. You know what I meant.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-27, 1:03 PM #46
Whatever dude. :P
2006-02-27, 9:16 PM #47
I thought it was a well put together album. Well produced, well written and well performed.

That doesn't mean I think everyone will think it's awesome, but whatever, that's the point.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-02-28, 7:25 AM #48
Aye.
2006-02-28, 8:01 AM #49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook
No. Listen to the whole album. It's almost a satire on the whole 'I'm a youth rebel who is suffering' theme, which is what punk and emo are all about. The story is a lot like 'The Catcher in the Rye', seeing that it's a book Billie Joe is supposed to really like, but done in a way that works perfectly with their particular culture. It's 'I hate my mommy, go to the city and get ****ed over.

They still write about drugs, angst, anger, and ****ing the system. But to me, it's from a more mature perspective. I guess some people are too into scene politics to see past their eyeliner, and tight pants. Which might I add, is a bit more mature than green hair, excessive drugs, and playing naked on stage.

Edit:Clarified a point.

You fail to see that a giant mass of blond hair that reaches past your waist and leather is so much more mature than any of that. :rolleyes:
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-02-28, 8:13 AM #50
No no, he's right.

No really.
2006-02-28, 9:14 AM #51
Originally posted by Ruthven:
my hairy arse > gothx's taste in music

(jk, i like the WTemptation alzo!)

You're not allowed in the Temple of Love anymore.
nope.
2006-02-28, 4:55 PM #52
Originally posted by Rob:
The Cure > *

The Cure > Greenday at the least.
2006-02-28, 5:54 PM #53
[QUOTE=Numenor King]You fail to see that a giant mass of blond hair that reaches past your waist and leather is so much more mature than any of that. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Well...

Is it washed?
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-02-28, 7:15 PM #54
Of course not! They need the grease from their hair to play all the sick rifts.

Duh!.....what stupid questions people ask these days :p
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-02-28, 8:54 PM #55
OK...... if you guys want some music that means something, try listening to the "Crack Rock Steady Beat"

-Choking Victim
-Leftover Crack
-Morning Glory
-INDK
-Crack Rock Steady 7
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed

↑ Up to the top!