Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The WORST Star Wars?
The WORST Star Wars?
2006-03-02, 2:25 PM #1
Personally i think it would be episode 2 *Shudders*
2006-03-02, 2:27 PM #2
Episode 1. Jar-Jar, not enough action, the droids were stupid, Anakin was a little snot, and Jar-Jar. Oh, and Jar-jar.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-02, 2:33 PM #3
MESA GONNA GET SHOT
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-02, 2:39 PM #4
you ruin star warz for everyone, wee man!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-02, 2:40 PM #5
The Star Wars holiday special.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2006-03-02, 2:46 PM #6
Ep 1
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-02, 3:04 PM #7
whichever of the prequals I am currently watching.

*snip*

[edit] sorry [/edit]
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-03-02, 4:11 PM #8
This was a legitimate thread. and you all derailed it.

Its not that hard to grasp.

"Which movie did you like the least"

Now im going to delete all off topic posts so we can try this again
[edit- Deleted posts can be considered a warning to that user :p ]
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-03-02, 4:43 PM #9
Episode 2. WAY to much of the Anakin/Padme dialog. The young Anakin was a better actor than the older dude. *shudder* I hated his acting. :mad:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-03-02, 4:43 PM #10
Yep, I'm the one who voted for Episode 5
2006-03-02, 6:03 PM #11
Episode 1 was more starwarsy than episode 3. Episode 3 is just annoyingly half-movie and lacks any elements of originality or filmography. A produced movie bade for the masses. Not at all the nerdfest standalone movie that all the others are.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-02, 7:29 PM #12
It's funny how Episode 3 is the only title in Italics in the poll.

Perhaps a bit of subliminal messaging?

meh, probobly not.

Hopefully, Episode 4 stays at 0 votes
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-03-02, 7:30 PM #13
Did you vote for Ep 3? The one you vote for appears in italics...
2006-03-02, 7:33 PM #14
I did indeed vote for Ep. III

To me, it just didn't feel like "Star Wars"
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-03-02, 7:38 PM #15
Whats the point of putting "LOLZ WAFLEZ" if you're not going to make it a public poll. People can't see my uselessness in the democratic process.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-03-02, 7:38 PM #16
Funny how Jar-Jar gets so much heat, when if you really think about Yoda - he talks weird, looks weird, walks like a hermit, etc. Can apply that to many of the other aliens in Star Wars.

And must we say Ewoks?

However, in a way, Jar-Jar is the reason for the rise of the Emperor, and I guess no other character can really claim that.
2006-03-02, 7:40 PM #17
I actually can't remember if my vote was for RotJ or TPM. Ew*ks must die :mad:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-03-02, 8:50 PM #18
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
Did you vote for Ep 3? The one you vote for appears in italics...

2006-03-02, 8:57 PM #19
anyone that voted ESB or RotJ worst star wars movie is a communist.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-03-02, 9:36 PM #20
Ha ha ha, lousy commies! :D

But seriously...
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-03-02, 9:41 PM #21
Hey now, how can one love ESB and also love RotJ. The friggin ew*ks kicked our *** at Endor! THEY HAD POINTY STICKS!
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-03-02, 10:09 PM #22
I'm surprised more people hated TPM over AotC. At least TPM had Qui-Gon and Maul. All AotC had was a lousy come on involving sand.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-03-02, 10:12 PM #23
AOTC also had Galactic Empire starting to form, which was awesome. Especially in the end.

Voted for TPM.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-03-02, 10:43 PM #24
Granted, TPM did have "Duel of the Fates", one of the top 3 audio tracks from the entire saga ("Imperial March", "Battle of Heroes", then "DotF"), and awesome saber work, but for the most part those are the points it has going for it. (Maul went out like a chump, though).
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-03-02, 11:08 PM #25
episode 2 had some of the worst lines.... and episode 1 had one good bit of music...

but episode 2 has yoda fighting...

i vote wafflesz
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-03-03, 6:11 AM #26
Episode 2 was bad... but I really think episode 3 was worse.

Both of which I only watched once.

Episode 1 was slightly better, but it still had things that annoyed the crap out of me. Like how the sandpeople didn't look like sand people. And I hated little anakin, and Jar Jar.... and Darth Maul... but yeah. It was the lesser of the three evils. Probably saved by Duel of the Fates.
2006-03-03, 6:31 AM #27
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
Funny how Jar-Jar gets so much heat, when if you really think about Yoda - he talks weird, looks weird, walks like a hermit, etc. Can apply that to many of the other aliens in Star Wars.

Only Yoda actually contributed something after his bumbling idiocy.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-03-03, 7:21 AM #28
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
I actually can't remember if my vote was for RotJ or TPM. Ew*ks must die :mad:

You voted for RotJ.

Jerk.
2006-03-03, 9:03 AM #29
I seriously like them all. Also, I cannot really compair the OT to the PT. It's like two totally different kinds of settings.

I voted for Episode 7. :p

I don't hate TPM as much as other people, although I understand why it is not the thing people wanted it to be. But there is one really big thing to say for 'Menace'; it has arguably the most spectacular lightsaber duelling out of them all.

I have some kind of love/hate thing with AotC. Some parts rocked, like the Coruscant Chase, but other parts were just... bleh.

People who voted RotS are nuts. lol
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-03-03, 9:19 AM #30
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle]I'm surprised more people hated TPM over AotC. At least TPM had Qui-Gon and Maul. All AotC had was a lousy come on involving sand.[/QUOTE]

Qui-Gon was good but I can't understand why people like Maul. He was just a Sith-wannabe hopping around with his fancy lightsaber. Tyranus(sp?) had class.

I voted TPM but just because it feels worse than AotC, not any more objective reason.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-03-03, 9:19 AM #31
Toss up between TPM and AotC for me, as well. I always felt TPM was kind of...shallow, I suppose, but it had it's moments. On the other hand, AotC seemed to have a little more depth, but it never stood out for me. I remember seeing the little .gif someone put together of the dual-wielding Anakin, and thought it was going to be something really impressive and cool. Then the whole thing lasted about 7 seconds :p

My vote goes to AotC.
2006-03-03, 10:07 AM #32
I voted TPM because of too much dialogue of Jar Jar and, on a more nerdy note, the horrid incompetence of battle droids. WHY DO THEY TALK TO COMMUNICATE? WHY DO THEY MARCH IN LARGE BLOCKS SO THAT THEY CAN EASILY BE TAKEN OUT BY SPLASH DAMAGE? WHY DO THEY FEAR?

I just realized that I used the shift key instead of caps lock while typing. Darn.
2006-03-03, 10:11 AM #33
TPM left me on such a sour note when it came out that I never got over it. Then came AotC. I had almost turned the page on star wars already. And then came EP3 and I was happy.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-03, 11:49 AM #34
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
I voted TPM because of too much dialogue of Jar Jar and, on a more nerdy note, the horrid incompetence of battle droids. WHY DO THEY TALK TO COMMUNICATE? WHY DO THEY MARCH IN LARGE BLOCKS SO THAT THEY CAN EASILY BE TAKEN OUT BY SPLASH DAMAGE? WHY DO THEY FEAR?

I just realized that I used the shift key instead of caps lock while typing. Darn.

Yeah, you'd think that if *we* figured out that marching into combat in blocks was a dumb idea, then surely a very advanced civilization would've figured that out, too.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-03-03, 12:24 PM #35
Who...voted...Empire? :eek:
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2006-03-03, 12:26 PM #36
Heh, good thing its not public or I would have been haxored probably 2 seconds after I'd hit submit. But then again I just told you all... What did Sats vote for? :)
/fluffle
2006-03-03, 12:35 PM #37
Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
Who...voted...Empire? :eek:
-
Originally posted by money•bie:
Yep, I'm the one who voted for Episode 5
2006-03-03, 12:38 PM #38
Am I the only one who couldn't follow ANY of the events of Episode II?
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-03-03, 12:51 PM #39
Originally posted by petmc20:
It's funny how Episode 3 is the only title in Italics in the poll.

Perhaps a bit of subliminal messaging?

meh, probobly not.

Hopefully, Episode 4 stays at 0 votes

The italics designates that that option is winning.

And now it's ep 1, which is as it should be.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-03-03, 12:54 PM #40
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
The italics designates that that option is winning.

And now it's ep 1, which is as it should be.

No, it's what you vote for.
$do || ! $do ; try

↑ Up to the top!