Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → They walked out...
They walked out...
2006-03-07, 3:06 PM #41
The work experience at individual stores in a retail chain, for an employee below management level has very little to do with the overall policies of the store, and more with the character of the management. Bad management in one store COULD be an indicator of a companywide trend, but probably not, and therefore, moving from one store to another can be a completely different experience because of the managers' specific attitudes and requirements. I know, we've had three separate Store Managers in the 2 years I've worked at the local CVS/pharmacy. Company policy remains the same, but the work experience is quite different w/ each.
2006-03-08, 5:41 AM #42
Rob, unions are good for one thing - protecting the rights of the worker. they are not set up so that when lazy *** ****s decide they don't like their working conditions, or they haven't gotten a full 3.5% wage increase this year, they can just walk off the job leaving the public ****ed!
these stupid ****ing *******s decide to go on strike leaving the education of students ****ed because they haven't got a contract. it's not like they're not getting paid. wait until the school year is out and then go on strike. get a contract at the end of may for ****s sakes. they're just ****ing up peoples lives 'cause they think they can. ****ing *****!!!
2006-03-08, 6:20 AM #43
Originally posted by Rob:
You're an idiot.

Bar none.

Unions are great, and without them you'd have NO RIGHTS AS A WORKER TODAY.

Unions were great in the past. But since most employers don't have as much ability to consistantly **** their employees anymore, the unions only cause trouble.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-03-08, 9:26 AM #44
I beg to differ.

Without the union, UPS as a company would be ****ing us REAL hard right about now.

The same goes for any unionized machine shop I've been around. As well as Vulcan Heart, where my father worked. They make industrial super ovens, like you might see at quiznos. The labor side of the company was real suck untill they unionized.

Its not about being lazy, at all. Teachers however, I don't like being unionized. However I do feel that teachers should get a bonus based upon the average of sucky people they have to teach in each class. That'd stop them from *****ing.
2006-03-08, 9:31 AM #45
As much as I want to go on a tirade about how much I distaste the teachers union and think it's the single greatest destructive force on education, the OP did want us to return to topic.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-03-08, 2:43 PM #46
The main problem with teachers unions is that most of them consider tenure more important than performence. So you have all these teachers that are about to retire and they don't give a **** anymore, and it shows in their teaching.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-08, 2:45 PM #47
Originally posted by Rob:
You're an idiot.

Bar none.

Unions are great, and without them you'd have NO RIGHTS AS A WORKER TODAY.

Word up.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2006-03-08, 2:52 PM #48
Originally posted by Freelancer:
The main problem with teachers unions is that most of them consider tenure more important than performence. So you have all these teachers that are about to retire and they don't give a **** anymore, and it shows in their teaching.

They don't need to be close to retirement for that to happen.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-08, 2:54 PM #49
It's more likely to happen the longer they've been teaching.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!