Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jesus Christ how they change
Jesus Christ how they change
2006-03-07, 6:27 PM #1
I just found out about an old friend of mine named Lauren. Lauren and i were really close friends from 7th to about halfway into 9th grade. During 8th grade she started to cut herself, and I was always the shoulder that she'd fall back on when she wasn't feeling like she could take it. Then in 9th grade she started to smoke.
Now we're 16, in the 10th grade, and I haven't seen her at school for about a month now.

So today at lunch I find out from a friend of hers that Lauren has dropped out of school and is getting married to her 19 year old boyfriend, who coincidently does cocaine. She only just turned 16...

It really upsets me. She was so pretty and so smart and had so much going for her in life, and now she's throwing it all away. :gbk:

So um...stay in school.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-03-07, 6:32 PM #2
I've given up trying to help people. I'm to bitter and jaded now, let them ruin their own lives.
2006-03-07, 6:33 PM #3
yea, people dropping out = stupid
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-07, 6:42 PM #4
Yup, I had a friend who decided weed just wasn't enough, so he started dealing and taking Extasy. After about a year of this, he OD'ed on E. Now, this would have pursuaded anyone in their right mind to STOP taking E, but no, he kept on taking it and making himself more crazy each passing day. We all stopped talking to him (even though he would call now and again, seemingly not getting the hint) and he eventually found other 'friends' who made his problem even worse.

He went from being a witty, strong (extremely strong, one of the toughest people I've ever seen), and intelligent, to nothing more then a weak (he lost so much weight and any ability to defend himself) incoherent fool who would steal the socks off your feet if he could.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-03-07, 6:46 PM #5
My first year teaching (hang on, this IS relevant in spite of how it may look), I had this colossal thug in class. The guy was big, buff, and kinda looked like satan. Oh, did I mention he had been to jail previously for selling/using drugs? Anyway, being the brilliant young man I was, I flunked him. And of course, the Powers That Be put him back in my class. He got his cheerleader-All-A-girlfriend strung out on drugs too. She dropped out of cheerleading and pretty much became a bump on a log.
Her mom, angry over what her daughter had become, came to school and shot up (with a gun) the boys car in the school parking lot. This was less than 100 yards from my classroom! :eek:
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-07, 6:51 PM #6
lol, I would have shot up his car, too.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-03-07, 7:03 PM #7
heh, what's up with kids these days cutting themselves. it's like some sort of fad or something that started 2 grade years below me (by that i mean started in the highschool class of 2006).

kinda annoying
2006-03-07, 7:33 PM #8
Originally posted by tofu:
I've given up trying to help people. I'm to bitter and jaded now, let them ruin their own lives.

I'm with you too.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-03-07, 7:35 PM #9
people who cut themselves do it for attention.
2006-03-07, 7:36 PM #10
Odd... I thought this thread was gonna talk about how people were changed by Jesus Christ, but then it dawned on me that it's just another stinking herectic using the Lord's name in vain. I'll leave now.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-03-07, 7:45 PM #11
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:

no, sometimes depressed suicidal people do it cos it makes them feel more alive.

And some really weird people do it cos they like blood

>.>

Yeh
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-07, 7:55 PM #12
And, in Ruthven's case, they totally read on the internet that asian women are vampiric.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-03-07, 7:59 PM #13
Originally posted by tofu:

(I also laughed when I read this)

(I should mention this is apparently Boba Fett's philosophy as well.)
2006-03-07, 7:59 PM #14
no, i did it cos the medicine made me worse at the beginning of treatment.

Asian jokes = getting less funny.
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-07, 8:00 PM #15
Originally posted by Ruthven:
no, sometimes depressed suicidal people do it cos it makes them feel more alive.

And some really weird people do it cos they like blood

>.>

Yeh

Yeah. Attention.

Seriously.

If you REALLY wanted to die, you wouldn't slit your wrist.

It'd take too long to bleed to death.
2006-03-07, 8:01 PM #16
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:

There are some people that don't do it for attention...so I must dissagree with you somewhat.

Cutting gets very addicting. For girls especially.
2006-03-07, 8:15 PM #17
Originally posted by Rob:
Yeah. Attention.

Seriously.

If you REALLY wanted to die, you wouldn't slit your wrist.

It'd take too long to bleed to death.

they dont want to die, self harming creates pain, and the pain makes them feel more alive.
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-07, 8:18 PM #18
Bull**** excuse.

They want something to brag about. Show people.

Or to fit in.

I've known many many many many many many many, cutters.

They're usually pretty shallow teen angst types.
2006-03-07, 8:21 PM #19
then you know a load of crap stupid people.

Some do it to show off, sometimes its only one person (ie a girl who loves you and you wont go out with her so she cuts herself, that was fun to see... :rolleyes: )

But some of them really do have problems, and dont show anyone.
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-07, 8:22 PM #20
its all those darn emo kids around.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-03-07, 8:23 PM #21
Chewbubba you are hardcore, can we be friends?
2006-03-07, 8:23 PM #22
Originally posted by 7:
its all those darn emo kids around.

Damn emos.

I think we've established that they have a problem.

They want attention.
2006-03-07, 8:24 PM #23
Attachment: 10885/d778a6b98c0541c4f9183c14c52e5ef7.jpg (48,759 bytes)
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-03-07, 8:28 PM #24
Some people do it as a form of self-punishment.
I'm just a little boy.
2006-03-07, 8:30 PM #25
em oranges !
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-03-07, 8:33 PM #26
Originally posted by Hebedee:
Chewbubba you are hardcore, can we be friends?

I still look back on all of that and shake my head. I prolly should have passed him and just got him out of our school.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-07, 8:34 PM #27
Originally posted by Flirbnic:
Some people do it as a form of self-punishment.

Attention!
2006-03-07, 9:24 PM #28
Your reply does not contain a coherent response to my post! Elaborate.
I'm just a little boy.
2006-03-07, 10:24 PM #29
That's her problem, not yours.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-03-08, 5:02 AM #30
Quote:
<[censored]> but ppl do it bcuz dey wunna die juz listn to him n manson n evanessense n linkin park dey xplane it in teh txts rlly its tru!

Yeah. This comes from an IRC discussion I had a few days back.
2006-03-08, 5:12 AM #31
:(

/wrists
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-03-08, 7:03 AM #32
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:

Are those oranges constipated?
2006-03-08, 9:20 AM #33
Originally posted by Flirbnic:
Your reply does not contain a coherent response to my post! Elaborate.

There are a plethora of other ways a person can punish themselves that aren't so visible, and easy to notice.

For example, a fat people may start rationing their cupcakes to punish themselves. This however is highly unlikely, because fat people like cupcakes too much.

A failing highschool student, may limit their TV time, or internet gaming time.

There are several other reasonable ways to punish yourself that aren't going to definately get you attention.

Thats all these kids want. So I don't give it to them, untill they cut their hand clean off. Then I can laugh at their nubs.
2006-03-08, 10:27 AM #34
Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
It really upsets me. She was so pretty and so smart and had so much going for her in life, and now she's throwing it all away. :gbk:

So um...stay in school.

Smart? No.
2006-03-08, 10:35 AM #35
[http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/715/emotemo3ph.gif][http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/715/emotemo3ph.gif][http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/715/emotemo3ph.gif][http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/715/emotemo3ph.gif][http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/715/emotemo3ph.gif]
Stuff
2006-03-08, 10:55 AM #36
This however is highly unlikely, because fat people like cupcakes too much.

lawl
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-03-08, 11:29 AM #37
There are a plethora of other ways a person can punish themselves that aren't so visible, and easy to notice.

For example, a fat people may start rationing their cupcakes to punish themselves. This however is highly unlikely, because fat people like cupcakes too much.

A failing highschool student, may limit their TV time, or internet gaming time.

There are several other reasonable ways to punish yourself that aren't going to definately get you attention.

Your examples are punishment only through will power, which is still punishment but not the best examples "that aren't so visible." Probably forcing yourself to eat untasty crap, refusing to go to the bathroom for awhile, taping your eyes open, punching yourself in the gut, and similar stupid things are more on the line of that idea.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-03-08, 11:38 AM #38
Inflicting harm on yourself doesn't involve willpower?
2006-03-08, 11:41 AM #39
Not if you pay someone else to hit you.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-08, 11:41 AM #40
I think that takes willpower too.

I mean, why pay someone for something you can do yourself?

↑ Up to the top!