Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → funniest reasons for getting booted from a game server
funniest reasons for getting booted from a game server
2004-06-11, 8:39 PM #1
one time i was playing UT2k4 demo on the onslaught map... i fired a redeemer into the enemy base and the guy who was hosting was like "wtf there is no redeemer in this map you [censored] cheater!" then while i was typing "there is a redeemer you just have to fly to it" i got booted

i think that one is above all the *kills admin* *gets kicked for "cheating"* situations i've been in

in other news ...
DrkJedi82
0x1000

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!

[This message has been edited by DrkJedi82 (edited June 11, 2004).]
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-06-11, 8:44 PM #2
"Oh. Hey. Listen...uh, we're going to play this map without you, cause...uh...you're too good."

Kicked for being too good. *slaps n00bs*

UT2k3 Bombing Run. 1 on 3. I still won.

------------------
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
2004-06-11, 8:55 PM #3
It's on top of the tower... I thought that was like common knowledge [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-06-11, 9:26 PM #4
Once connected to a server that was being run from a cyber cafe so there was a group of people there. I guess they had been having troubles with one guy there cause they said to me "we know it's you, Dave" and then I got kicked. Kinda screwed up really..

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-06-12, 12:05 AM #5
I masqueraded as a RealBot in a Counterstrike game on our LAN at uni. I was busted after beating everybody down, and them trying to delete all the "bots" and start again without the one that was...well me!

So much fun listening to them all swearing and trying to gang up on me - but obviously I could hear all their plans as they shouted across from the rooms around me!

Try it if you're at uni, or have a LAN and enough mates...

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-06-12, 12:35 AM #6
I've been booted from Blades of Death (JK) for having a Concussion Rifle and/or Rail Detonator. I would try to explain to them that the weapons are inside the fan, but after they die trying to get in there a few times in a row, they generally just go ahead and boot me after calling me a liar. I've also been booted from BoD for being able to get to the window ledges in the upper room without Force Jump. Some people simply can't grasp the concept of a Rail/Mine/Conc Jump.

I've been booted for a thousand different reasons, and I may post more later, but for now I'm off to work... :/

------------------
www.MentatMM.com (status = down :/)
Napalm Death Squad (status = alpha)
2004-06-12, 1:15 AM #7
I used to do time-attacks on servers in JO, seeing how quickly I could get kicked without violating any server rules. It was usually for with bryar or disruptor when they had sabers. I occasionally I got kicked for breaking the saber-off = peace rule by completely destroying people who attacked me when my saber was off.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-06-12, 1:58 AM #8
For hacking in a JK game in which the description was something along the lines of "cog war! everything goes except hacks that crash the game"

I wasn't booted, but my funniest story would definately have to be the time two guys threatened to ban me from a JA dedicated server if I didn't leave. Needless to say, it didn't take me but about 12 seconds to figure out it wasn't their server, and after about 15 minutes of threatening me they left and the other two guys on the server and I carried on with a fun game. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited June 12, 2004).]
2004-06-12, 3:08 AM #9
When you kill 6 people in UT it's 'Monster Kill', in Quake 3 it's 'Excellent', but in Counter-Strike it's 'kicked by console'.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-06-12, 3:09 AM #10
"Your ping is too low."

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought out "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2004-06-12, 3:37 AM #11
I always get kicked for killing the hostages (accidentally or otherwise) on Counterstrike maps.
I always do it on assault accidentally as bullets seem to go through walls (did they always do this? I stopped playing CS when Steam came and only started again recently).
Executing hostages is roleplaying, anyway. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
2004-06-12, 4:40 AM #12
I got kicked for having MKS. They thought I was AimBotting.

------------------
[ Massassiism ] [ Cynicism ] [ Fanaticism ]
Sell your soul for a cookie?
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-06-12, 4:49 AM #13
I got kicked a few times when I used to play JKMP... Apparently I was *too* good, and the hosts thought I was hacking... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-06-12, 5:00 AM #14
I got kicked from a Battlefield 1942 server for shooting an admin's BF109 out of the sky on Gazala. The guy never did anything to prevent his death, but as soon as he respawned I was booted. "OMG WTF H4CK3R! NO ONE CAN BEET ME!"

Also been kicked from a CoD server because I "shot 2 many peeps with teh snipe rrifle", one UT2k3 server because I was "too laggy" when my ping was 32, several UT2k4 servers for simply playing the game (lots of times its due to me running people over in mantas), quite a few CS servers because they thought I was aimbotting, three or four MoH:AA servers due to "wall hax", and there was one server in Battlefield 1942 where if anyone killed the admin, he'd kick everyone and restart the server to "save his score"... I've even been booted from Warcraft 3 because of some error in cheat detection with battle.net or something. (Which was later resolved.)

Generally its a case of "I killed the 12-year old admin who MUST BE GOD OR ELSE", which, even if a complete accident, tends to net you with a boot to the *** .

------------------
I'll admit to Reactor CTF, Duel Abyss, Duel Turbulent, Duel Dustball, and even the CCCP, but not Sky High! (my first, be kind!) Ok so maybe I will.

[This message has been edited by Gonk (edited June 12, 2004).]
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/
2004-06-12, 6:00 AM #15
wow, you guys tend to catch all the ****, don't you? I've never been booted for anything like that and I've more often than not played with civil people. CoD, Starcraft, Red Alert 2, UT2k4, JA, JK, MotS, Halo demo, and others have all had good communities.

There was one time in Starcraft where I had maphack on and it was me and three other guys against some computer enemies. I told them I had maphack and I'd tell them when they were going to be attacked and whatnot. Instead of getting a "Thanks", I was stomped by a swarm Protoss zealots of one of the players.

------------------
The sooner you realize I'm right the better off you will be.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-12, 7:21 AM #16
Halo PC is full of freaking morons. If you know a group of civil people, I want to know who they are because I'm tired of the torture of playing with 5 year olds who don't even follow the game rules they set.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-06-12, 7:34 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
There was one time in Starcraft where I had maphack on and it was me and three other guys against some computer enemies. I told them I had maphack and I'd tell them when they were going to be attacked and whatnot. Instead of getting a "Thanks", I was stomped by a swarm Protoss zealots of one of the players.

</font>

Probably because the whole point of playing against a computer opponent is to make it challenging, and you were subtracting from that. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
2004-06-12, 7:38 AM #18
I've been vote kicked out of a game of CS because I had a high score. That was pretty lame considering that they had to do the vote 3 times before they successfully kicked me. Apparently, you not supposed to WIN anymore when you play games these days. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-06-12, 8:05 AM #19
One time an admin kicked everyone in a CS server because his pants were on fire. Go figure.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-12, 8:23 AM #20
I stopped playing Starcraft because I kept getting kicked for absolutelly no reason. I wasn't that good, I'd just make a new base somewhere in the very corner of the map before I made anything else. As soon as they thought they'd killed me and won, they'd get pwned by my secretly built up force on the other end of the map. I don't think I played a single game where I did that, that I wasn't booted in. People don't like to be owned by someone who DOESN'T rush. That's right: Some people don't rush! OMQ!

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-12, 8:27 AM #21
I stopped playing online because of these kinds of people...

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"He's a dead man! I'm not havin' a dead man in my cemetary!"
2004-06-12, 8:49 AM #22
Blah I haven't played online for ages .. lesee .. last time I was actually kicked .. AA 1.5 or so used to have this bug where members of your team would have the OPFOR skin .. and in 3 consecutive games, I happened to be the unlucky one with that bug .. so I got shot at by my own teammates, sworn at and repeatedly reported in position to my team so that they could shoot me in allchat by the other team (which I was shooting at), and eventually kicked for 'friendly fire'. =/

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy | 3.14 of 14 | » And-GTx2]
Half-Life 2 Central - your definitive source for everything HL2!
一个大西瓜
2004-06-12, 9:36 AM #23
All of the above reasons is why I do not play online save for NWN. I used to play WC2 online. I had no troubles there. I make it a point to avoid any servers where the majority of the names had extraneous characters (gåñ∂ãℓ₣ [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] for their age can probably be counted on my fingers..once.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-06-12, 9:54 AM #24
JK (at least on the Zone) was ridiculous. I'm not saying I didn't deserve to get booted out all the time (I had an affinity for type-killing), but most of the time it was for some stupid *** reason. Then I pretty much snapped, and started my own little 'Robin Hood' campaign, which consisted of hacking the **** out of anyone who crossed me. And that's pretty much when I stopped playing deathmatch in JK, and basically only joined RPG games.
Natural Selection players are also pretty uptight. I pretty much played exclusively on the Alien team, so I got pretty good at the Skulk. I'd hear a bunch of marines charging down a hallway, and I'd have silence and carapace. So I would hide up in the ceiling, wait for them to pass by, then drop down and proceed to completely massacre them from behind. Then they would proceed with the typical "HEY U ****ING HAXOR! I'M GETTING A ADMIN TO BAN UR CHEATING *** !" or something similar. And chances are I would get banned after an extensive argument with an admin. So yeah, I haven't had the best luck.

------------------
"I sound like angry chickens, or maybe a space robot."
-Les Claypool of Primus
2004-06-12, 9:57 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
Probably because the whole point of playing against a computer opponent is to make it challenging, and you were subtracting from that. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

</font>

In Starcraft you don't go against the computer for a challenge. They are there to be whooped.

------------------
The sooner you realize I'm right the better off you will be.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-12, 11:47 AM #26
I got kicked in Desert Combat for accidentally blowing up the C-130. There was a fighter behind us, shooting at the back of the plane and hitting everyone inside. How was I supposed to know that deploying a mortar inside the plane caused it to explode? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

"This server is for people who want to play the game properly."

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged
2004-06-12, 11:49 AM #27
I don't get kicked really....

AA for high ROE once...
BF for too high of a score...

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-06-12, 12:26 PM #28
As has been said, I rarely go up against random people any more online. The amount of immature idiot 5 year olds that play online has sky rocketed. I only play around people I know and/or trust. This leads to quite a few one on one battles, but at least I'm not being swamped by idiots.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-06-12, 12:31 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
In Starcraft you don't go against the computer for a challenge. They are there to be whooped.

</font>

Either way my point remains: you admitted to cheating without their consent, so I don't see anything stupid at all with them being upset with you.

------------------
2004-06-12, 1:11 PM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
I stopped playing Starcraft because I kept getting kicked for absolutelly no reason. I wasn't that good, I'd just make a new base somewhere in the very corner of the map before I made anything else. As soon as they thought they'd killed me and won, they'd get pwned by my secretly built up force on the other end of the map. I don't think I played a single game where I did that, that I wasn't booted in. People don't like to be owned by someone who DOESN'T rush. That's right: Some people don't rush! OMQ!

JediKirby

</font>

You can't get kicked from a starcraft game outside the lobby >_> So unless they knew you, and knew exactly what was going to happen they can't kick you. They can only leave the gamethemselves.

My experiances? All of the above, plus others. One of them would be in Soldat. "Hey! That cheater can fly! *boot*"

------------------
"A tiger? In Africa?!"

"True as toasted toads!"
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-06-12, 1:30 PM #31
heh... i just got booted because i exited my raptor to avoid getting blonw up and survived ...what do you expect i wasn't all that high up and had full shield

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-06-12, 1:30 PM #32
Is Jedi Outcast still being played by many people? And is it really any fun anymore? I've been looking for multiplayer games to play, but I don't know what .
2004-06-12, 1:33 PM #33
I got kicked for placing mines at an enemy spawnpoint in Enemy Terr.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-06-12, 1:56 PM #34
If you were as laggy as I was when I played, you can get multi-kicked when you lag. Which, for me, was about every 5 minutes.

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-12, 2:12 PM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:

JediKirby

</font>

That's my strategy in AOE II. I play as the Huns to not have to build houses, and build up a HUGE navy and have 3 or 4 bases scattered. People get so mad. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-06-12, 2:15 PM #36
I got kicked from a lot of SoF2 servers for being a "Flag Whore" in CTF games. I'd always have an ungodly high score... not so much from kills, but just from taking the flag home. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was the point in a CTF game! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

I also got banned from a clan server (which happened to be my favorite server), because I posed as a clan member. COP had SO MANY members, I didn't think they'd notice.

Oh yea, and I consistantly got kicked for flying Levithans in UT2004. Fun.

------------------
"halucid is not really intelligent but is simply a better simulator of human conversation." Googlism

...how easy life would be... if only it came with a consistancy checker.
Fabricator of Neurotic for MLP4
We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams...
Neurotic||Mobius Grith||The Atrium
2004-06-12, 3:12 PM #37
well lets see. It started with me complaining that a guy was hacking (110-19) in medal of honor. they all hated me. next map comes around I own them all 52-26
next map comes around I start pistol whipping people and I am banned for being "poor sportsmanship" and kicked for "unspecified reason"

------------------

[This message has been edited by MBeggar (edited June 12, 2004).]
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-06-13, 9:12 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by halucid:
I got kicked from a lot of SoF2 servers for being a "Flag Whore" in CTF games. I'd always have an ungodly high score... not so much from kills, but just from taking the flag home. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was the point in a CTF game! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

I also got banned from a clan server (which happened to be my favorite server), because I posed as a clan member. COP had SO MANY members, I didn't think they'd notice.

Oh yea, and I consistantly got kicked for flying Levithans in UT2004. Fun.

</font>

They've fixed that now I think. How did it work? What did you do?
2004-06-13, 9:15 AM #39
On BF1942, I took a plane right before the admin of the server could... so i got kicked [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"
-Michael Kyle

MAK Studios 3D
2004-06-13, 9:24 AM #40
I used to get kicked from Quake servers alot as soon as I would join. It sucked because I was No.1 on QuakeMarines.com's list of deadliest players for like 2 years straight. Nobody wanted to play with me. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

↑ Up to the top!