Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The most important video game trailer you'll ever see...
The most important video game trailer you'll ever see...
2006-03-08, 6:05 PM #1
http://www.placecommunity.be/filmpjes/games/hl2aftermath.mpg
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-03-08, 6:07 PM #2
Half-Life 2 sucked, except for graphics.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-08, 6:10 PM #3
Originally posted by Jepman:
Half-Life 2 sucked, except for graphics.

[QUOTE=PC Gamer]The Best Game Ever Made[/QUOTE]

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-03-08, 6:13 PM #4
Er, how was that important? It was okay, but hardly impressive as trailers go. :\
2006-03-08, 6:14 PM #5
Hey now..I though HL ONE got the "BESTEST. GAME. EVAR." award..

Dubya tee eff, mate!
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-08, 6:15 PM #6
I'm just stating my tastes. Its good I'm sure to a lot of people, but HARDLY the BEST GAME EVER. PcGamer probably got payed to say that.
2006-03-08, 6:25 PM #7
HL2 was fun and PC Gamer blows. That trailer is pretty old (considering it's still titled Aftermath) and I hope it's come a long way from when I first saw it, didn't get me excited about Episode 1 at all.
2006-03-08, 6:25 PM #8
looks cool
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-03-08, 6:43 PM #9
Bleh. Half Life 2 isn't my cup of tea.

Crappy story, crappy characters, crappy weapons. Decent graphics.

Deus Ex gets the "Best game ever made" award from me.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-08, 6:46 PM #10
I loved it, and can't wait for this. But yes, this trailer is quite old.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-03-08, 7:13 PM #11
Originally posted by KnightRider2000:
The most important video game trailer you'll ever see...

.... I don't think so.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-03-08, 7:34 PM #12
Half-Life 2 is great, but not the best game ever. Nor is that hardly the most important trailer ever.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-03-08, 8:15 PM #13
Half Life 2 is really fun. It's not the best thing ever, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The trailer is far from important. It's not that great. One of the best trailers IMO was the Halo 2 Announcement Trailer. I say that it was better than the entire game of Halo 2. It just had that compelling...ness that most games lack.
2006-03-08, 8:18 PM #14
Yeah, remember the first trailer for HL2? AI interaction and scenes that were never seen in the real game?
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-03-08, 8:20 PM #15
I liked Half-life 2. I found it fun. not the best game ever, or so amazingly innovative it exploded my brains, but it was still fun.

This trailer, however, is old.
2006-03-08, 8:32 PM #16
Originally posted by JudgeDredd:
...AI interaction...

What specifically was lacking in the game?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-03-08, 11:18 PM #17
It was fun as! But as stated not the best. Although it had the best graphics, AI and physics(espectially physics) of any other game.
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi
2006-03-08, 11:23 PM #18
Half-Life 2 is a great game. It's worth the money, let's put it that way. But it's not the best game ever nor is this trailer incredibly impressive.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-09, 7:15 AM #19
Originally posted by a_person:
It was fun as! But as stated not the best. Although it had the best graphics, AI and physics(espectially physics) of any other game.

No, the AI sucked. If valve gave the enemy more then 2hp, you would actually see them do something instead of run 5ft and die. (I've tested this)

Originally posted by Wolfy:

There was a scene where 4 of your AI buddies rushed up a street crouching behind cars and showing off some nice covering fire tactics, but it turned out the characters can't even CROUCH on their own, let alone use advanced tactics to rush the enemy.

F.E.A.R's AI FTW.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-03-09, 9:01 AM #20
meh. ill play it, but its not going to be anything innovative
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-03-09, 9:27 AM #21
Originally posted by Sol:
F.E.A.R's AI FTW.

Fear's AI and gunfights were its only highlight.

Then again, awesome character faces and physics were half-life 2's only highlights.
2006-03-09, 9:29 AM #22
Meh, I've seen it.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-03-09, 10:12 AM #23
Originally posted by Jepman:
Fear's AI and gunfights were its only highlight.

Then again, awesome character faces and physics were half-life 2's only highlights.

I consider the mood portrayed throughout Half-Life 2 one of it's major highlights.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-09, 10:17 AM #24
I liked HL2, way more than HL1 too.

As for HL2: Episode One... meh, this episodical content thing will surely eat up some wallet contents.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-03-09, 11:44 AM #25
The trailer that you linked to is quite old. I'll definitely get Aftermath, though.

Since this thread has become "TELL YOUR OPINION OF HL2 LOL," I would have to say that it was one of the best games I ever played, but not the best. Deus Ex leaps way above it in terms of story, immersion, originality, and effort on part of the developers. HL2 is pretty and fun, but it is simply a great example of the FPS formula of pitting the player against hordes of similar enemies, working your way up in a set of not much more than 15 weapons from melee to heavy weaponry (I HATE THE SMG), and involving one in a faint attempt at a plot, although all you are really doing is walking around and shooting things with a backdrop of a story to make it seem more meaningful. On the other hand, it's unique for an FPS in providing vehicle experiences, great landscapes, creatures, characters, and many physics puzzles.

Then again, DX is probably the bestest game evar.
2006-03-09, 11:47 AM #26
Originally posted by Sol:
No, the AI sucked. If valve gave the enemy more then 2hp, you would actually see them do something instead of run 5ft and die. (I've tested this)

I would agree in certain cases. The rebels seemed especially dumb, charging Striders (which pwn btw) with machine guns. JUST HIDE AND WAIT FOR THEM TO PASS PLZ
2006-03-09, 11:48 AM #27
Originally posted by KnightRider2000:
Just going to show that if you have enough money, you can make PC Gamer declare anything the "Best Game Ever".
2006-03-09, 11:51 AM #28
Even Daikatana?

Edit: It's funny because 'the best game ever' is never more than a month old.
2006-03-09, 11:51 AM #29
Originally posted by Wolfy:

Do you remember in that one trailer, where the combine is chasing him, and throws stuff in front of the door, and combine are banging at the door? Then they start to shoot through the window and stuff? I remember one guy tried to replicate that inside that one complex and that you go through while doing the boat thing. He blocked the door but then the combine just opened the door and all the stuff moved out of the way like it was nothing.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-03-09, 11:54 AM #30
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]

Deus Ex gets the "Best game ever made" award from me.[/QUOTE]

This hasn't been quoted enough for because that's what I was going to say because for truth is banned.

Q.F.B.T.W.I.W.G.T.S.
2006-03-09, 11:57 AM #31
I've never played Deus Ex. :( Would you believe that I haven't heeded all your praise for the game over the years and bought it?
2006-03-09, 1:01 PM #32
It's like, 5 bucks now. Do yourself a favor and get it.

Fun Fact: Bawls mint x 2 + Carbonated Beverage (Coke Zero in this case) = More than half of the bottle of your well earned drink on the floor.

Ugh
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-09, 3:41 PM #33
I've discovered that gamers all over the world, no matter race or gender, can be divided into two groups:

1. Gamers that think Half-Life 2 sucks, but think Deus Ex is incredible.

2. Gamers that think Half-Life 2 is incredible, and don't give a flying **** about Deus Ex.

I think I'll call this Whelly's Law.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-03-09, 3:46 PM #34
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I've never played Deus Ex. :( Would you believe that I haven't heeded all your praise for the game over the years and bought it?

I guess you just don't listen.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-03-09, 3:59 PM #35
Hated HL2 and I've never enjoyed anything played with it. I blame it on a sucky engine.
nope.
2006-03-09, 4:09 PM #36
Originally posted by Whelly:
I think I'll call this Whelly's Law.
Whelly's Law is wrong; I don't care for either game.
2006-03-09, 5:54 PM #37
Whelly's Law is wrong because Half-Life 2 is great but Deus Ex is mucho incredible.
2006-03-09, 6:02 PM #38
I loved HL2, thought the engine was amazing, and can't wait for Aftermath (did they change the name?).
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2006-03-09, 6:53 PM #39
Bloodlines is the greatest game ever, stop being stupid.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-09, 7:14 PM #40
HL2 was the best game ever....then FEAR came out.
Think while it's still legal.

↑ Up to the top!