Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jedi Knight: Rebirth Canceled
Jedi Knight: Rebirth Canceled
2006-03-10, 10:03 PM #41
[to jon`c]... exactly. And no, if you read the thread, I'm clearly retiring from JK editing as a whole. If I were painting Shred in the wrong light, I'd have said a whole lot more.

I'm telling you, I REALIZED I WASN'T WORKING ON IT ANY LONGER, AND THAT MY INVOLVEMENT WAS DETRIMENTAL! I REALIZED THIS. Had Shred shown he felt like he was taken advantage of, I would have been much quicker to change things so the project didn't fail. In the end, I want the project to succeed. That is, of course, why I canceled JKR. Why work on a parellel project when no one's there to work on it?

You're playing the goddamn antagonist with me, and it's annoying. I'm trying to show that I didn't mean the ugly things that turned out from all this, and that I would have had it end in a much less political way. I'm not trying to play ****ing sides here. I feel pretty offended that Shred didn't talk to me before making this a public event, but that's all I'm really mad about.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-10, 10:04 PM #42
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Aren't you trying to get away with something? Essentially this entire thread was created to paint Shred like the archvillain who killed the JKR project. News flash: You're the one who cancelled it.

And like I said, Shred is still making his skins and we'll probably see level remakes from halucid and others. Really the only person here who isn't working on JKR anymore is you.

hear hear!
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-03-10, 10:05 PM #43
[To Cow] I can agree that this thread was probably more an attack than it should of been, but it was mostly out of anger, having woken up and suddenly seen a whole new project for NO reason I could distinguish at all. I apoligize for that much.

[edit: You know, if you reread my initial post, the closest to an attack I got was saying that shred was too good for JKR. The rest of the post totally ignored that, and it was more about my disinvolvement with editing. It seems some people were looking for more of the contriversey than you claim.]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-10, 10:06 PM #44
This thread is so emo.
2006-03-10, 10:12 PM #45
Originally posted by JediKirby:
[to jon`c]... exactly. And no, if you read the thread, I'm clearly retiring from JK editing as a whole. If I were painting Shred in the wrong light, I'd have said a whole lot more.

"It seems Shred has decided he's too good for JKR"
"He just abandoned JKR and made his own version. JKE, or whatever. Same concept, just devoid of a team."

I think you've said enough.

Quote:
I'm telling you, I REALIZED I WASN'T WORKING ON IT ANY LONGER, AND THAT MY INVOLVEMENT WAS DETRIMENTAL! I REALIZED THIS.
Um... you created the project. You were the project leader. Your involvement was not detrimental, it was necessary. Your lack of involvement is what killed JKR.

Quote:
I feel pretty offended that Shred didn't talk to me before making this a public event, but that's all I'm really mad about.
It sure looks to me like you're the one making this a public event. I didn't even figure out everything that happened until you posted this thread, and I've been on #jkhub and on the hub site all day.

You know when I realized that JKR was doomed? When you ordered - not asked, ordered - halucid and his level team to make the levels in an overly-complicated and nonsensical manner: passing the damned things around like a token ring. And then you said "My job here is done!" and went AFK. If I had been in JKR I would have garroted you for that.
2006-03-10, 10:13 PM #46
[To Cow] I can agree that this thread was probably more an attack than it should of been, but it was mostly out of anger, having woken up and suddenly seen a whole new project for NO reason I could distinguish at all. I apoligize for that much.

One thing worth noting, which is the last criticism I'll make on this topic; Slander is slander, wether it's done out of anger or not. Like I said, I can totally see your side of this, and your anger is justified. Attacking someone else's reputation out of said anger, however, is never justified. Blaming it on your anger is an explanation, yes, but not a justification, and hardly an excuse.

But it takes a big man to admit when he's been wrong, and an even bigger one to apologize. You just did both, and for that, you've earned a significant amount of my respect, for what it's worth.

TO EVERYONE ELSE

Now that that issue is resolved, can we please move the discussion on to something productive and civilized, as opposed to attacks against Kirby's person? This is bordering on a full-fledged flamewar as it is, and no one's solving anything by continually assaulting eachother. Like I said earlier, it's really none of our business anyway, so can we please stop trying to make it our business?
Moo.
2006-03-10, 10:19 PM #47
I'm curious what Shred has to say. Someone get him in this thread.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-03-10, 10:22 PM #48
You know when I realized that JKR was doomed? When you ordered - not asked, ordered - halucid and his level team to make the levels in an overly-complicated and nonsensical manner: passing the damned things around like a token ring. And then you said "My job here is done!" and went AFK. If I had been in JKR I would have garroted you for that.

And I totally agreed with you on that one, and gave full freedom to do whatever they wanted after that obviously didn't work. The reason I ever even suggested that was because they weren't getting anything done on their own. After I realized I was being more of a hinder than a help to that situation, I told Halucid to take conrol and just get some levels done. I can admit when I'm wrong, and am not at all looking to control or take credit for anything. That's why this entire mess could have been AVOIDED if Shred had spoke to me. That's my entire argument that you brought up.

If it makes you feel any better: I was wrong for making this thread and attacking shred, as he's got every legitimate right to do what he did. The reason I'm angry, and did make this thread, initially, is that I felt cheated and betrayed by not being consulted before Shred completelly ripped his work from the project. He could have kept it all there, I could have admitted everything I'm now being attacked for, and could have stepped out and left the project to him. That's why I'm angry, because I'm being held accountable and at blame for things I was already going to take blame for in the first place.

If you're off to apoligize to someone, and suddenly they rip out your throat about exactly what you were going to apoligize for, you'd be upset, too.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-10, 10:35 PM #49
Wee, petty-pea-politics. Fun stuff.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-10, 10:36 PM #50
I demand that all parties involved start slitting their wrists like the e-mos you are.
2006-03-10, 11:04 PM #51
Oh, damn.

/me plays something else
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-03-11, 3:01 AM #52
Might have been better to just hand over all material, project control and leadership for JKR to shred, before or after he started a separate project.

DBZ:TDiR went through a couple of leaders and who knows how many editors, but the project was bigger than any one individual, which was how they managed to get something released.
2006-03-11, 7:45 AM #53
Originally posted by GHORG:
Might have been better to just hand over all material, project control and leadership for JKR to shred, before or after he started a separate project.

Did you READ the thread?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-11, 3:11 PM #54
Does this mean UR will never live? :(

Oh, and the JKR thing sucks, and I'm sad to see kirby leaving JK. But honestly, I never got to do anythign with something that was really his...so actually, not really that sorry. Kirby, however, is an excellent modeler, and I hope he does get better at modeling.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-11, 3:25 PM #55
God damn, I can't escape drama anywhere.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-11, 4:03 PM #56
Personally, I can't wait until Shred's done with his "new" project. Too bad this isn't an organized effort anymore, but oh well. As someone (I think it was Jon'C) pointed out, it was he who did pretty much all of the work lately anyway.

So the entire "JKR is cancelled" call I'll just ignore (as, I'm sure, pretty much everybody else) and play JKE, and be a happy guy. Unless someone else decides to make new animations, levels, and weapon models, of course. Which actually doesn't seem all that unlikely. And then I'll be even happier.
幻術
2006-03-11, 4:18 PM #57
ok, i'll keep playing WoW.
2006-03-11, 5:10 PM #58
you do that spe, jk doesnt like you anyway! :banned:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-11, 6:37 PM #59
So much arguing for nothing! Shred FTW, as it seems he did most of the work anyway and made good progress. The name JK Enhance is a dumb name though.

Oh, and how long was JKR in existence?
2006-03-11, 6:41 PM #60
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
So much arguing for nothing! Shred FTW, as it seems he did most of the work anyway and made good progress. The name JK Enhance is a dumb name though.

Oh, and how long was JKR in existence?

Since ur mom. Oh yeah, feel the BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRN.

I dunno...I'd say a year, year and a half? It was going on for a long time before it was revealed.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-11, 7:00 PM #61
I hope Jedi Knight doesn't work on Vista.
2006-03-11, 7:11 PM #62
http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=28

YOU FOOLED US ALL!
2006-03-11, 8:47 PM #63
Dun dun dunn
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-03-12, 1:48 AM #64
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]I hope Jedi Knight doesn't work on Vista.[/QUOTE]

dual boot vista + xp. Problem solved.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-12, 7:35 AM #65
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]I hope Jedi Knight doesn't work on Vista.[/QUOTE]

I hope you die.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-03-12, 8:42 AM #66
honestly kirby, I enjoyed your models, they were kinda cool, and there was several projects that I stick around to watch for.

1 WAS TDIR, but since it's gone...
2 is Ruthven's SG-1 mod
3 is BSR's startrek maps
4 was JKR

sad to see that it appears to be seperate projects, but if it all gets made, who cares? let shred do his modles, let halucid do his maps and you can go ahead and make your modles and submit them to who ever wants them so they can use it.

I like your work and it looked nice ingame from what I saw, but you made a huge deal of this and just look like an *** now, JK is REALLY not that huge of a deal to get excited over, it's an ancient game and the fact that people still edit it is amazing, but you don't need to make a giant public speech about how your leaving and how jk editing is no too political or that crap.

you know your still going to hang around and you know your still going to make models, and you KNOW it's just a matter of time until yuo get bored and make something for JK.
The Gas Station
2006-03-12, 9:00 AM #67
Originally posted by Ruthven:
you do that spe, jk doesnt like you anyway! :banned:

its not my fault stargate sucks!!! :em321:

:p :D
2006-03-12, 9:53 AM #68
The best thing about JK editing is that if you want to play a mod badly enough, you can make it. :)

I'm sorry to see another project fail. These kind of projects need to be divided up into smaller ones. There could have been a weapon model pack, then a map pack, etc. If you try to do everything all at once, it'll just take too long. People loose interest quickly.

I would love to see Sith2 bring this community a game we can enjoy playing as much as contemporary games. It would hopefully bring more of us back into editing. It better not die.
Historians are the most powerful and dangerous members of any society. They must be watched carefully... They can spoil everything. - Nikita Khrushchev.
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god. - Jean Rostand.
2006-03-12, 10:11 AM #69
DID ANYONE CHECK ITS PROJECT PAGE?!?! IT GOT UODATED!
2006-03-12, 11:30 AM #70
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
DID ANYONE CHECK ITS PROJECT PAGE?!?! IT GOT UODATED!

Shush.

Now about Sith2, I saw the community goes hunting for physics coders for The Admiral. With enough looking, we can surely find someone, and I will buy them a copy of JK and MotS and send it to them.
2006-03-12, 12:22 PM #71
Originally posted by Spook:
we can surely find someone.
Or, if not that, someone who can give me the technical information necessary to implement the physics myself. Internet tutorials are decidedly lacking in this area.
2006-03-12, 12:35 PM #72
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
I hope you die.

I hope you learn how to read, and not make up imaginary friends that have done everything in life.
2006-03-12, 2:46 PM #73
I hope you didn t think I was serious. Not that I care actually. :p
2006-03-12, 2:49 PM #74
I didn't read that PM you sent me in detail.

You neglected to use paragraph form. I can't be arsed to just deal with a huge block of text.

PS, Manic depressive is considered by many to be an obsolete term. The common term is Bi-Polar disorder.

IE, they're both the same thing. There isn't a language boundary. You just don't know what you're talking about.
2006-03-12, 2:54 PM #75
No, the English terms are confusing to me. I made a wrong assumption about it being about borderline syndrome. There is a huge difference between people with borderline syndrome and manic depressives.

And please, if you have any decency just read that PM. It is not like it is a huge load of text. I m sorry for the paragraphs. Let us just no longer hijack this topic, ok?
2006-03-13, 6:26 AM #76
Did you READ the thread?

mmm, I did

My point is you decided to take the project name with you, rather than offer it to Shred. As such JKR is now dead and will never release anything.

Shred may do, but when he does few people if any will associate it with your efforts.

Rather than see what you started possibly succeed in some form in the future, you'd rather take it to your editing grave.

There's a lot in a name. Probably more than there is in a handful of 3dos and textures.
2006-03-13, 8:48 AM #77
This is indeed a dark day.

But that lightsaber in Enhanced looks cool, not to mention Boba Fett's new textures.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-03-13, 10:18 AM #78
Originally posted by GHORG:
mmm, I did

My point is you decided to take the project name with you, rather than offer it to Shred. As such JKR is now dead and will never release anything.

Shred may do, but when he does few people if any will associate it with your efforts.

Rather than see what you started possibly succeed in some form in the future, you'd rather take it to your editing grave.

There's a lot in a name. Probably more than there is in a handful of 3dos and textures.

What I meant by that "Did you READ the thread" is that I would have done that if he'd talked to me. If you'd read the thread, I said that if he'd simply have spoken with me, I would have just stepped out of the project and let him finish it. Instead HE took his own name, that's what I mean.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-13, 8:10 PM #79
Or, if not that, someone who can give me the technical information necessary to implement the physics myself. Internet tutorials are decidedly lacking in this area.

So Jon, I sent you a PM, but I'll post here. What, more specifically, is the problem with physics? What engine are you using? Because there are some guys in the Serious Sam Community who very successfully implemented ODE into SS1. But I don't even know if that is the same deal.
2006-03-13, 8:22 PM #80
[ Bloop ]

↑ Up to the top!