Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Who comes from your town?
Who comes from your town?
2006-03-12, 6:48 PM #41
Some chick that went to the same school as I was in the lingerie bowl a couple of years ago. Whoopie...
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-03-12, 6:51 PM #42
_
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2006-03-12, 7:37 PM #43
James Jones came from Robinson, Illinois. Where I live.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-12, 9:28 PM #44
Originally posted by JediKirby:
IN DULUTH!!!!!!

Well, no... but he was born here.

Hibbing is closer to me then you! HA

wait a sec...
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-12, 9:39 PM #45
Woh, someone is from here!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0057413/

And she's actually been in popular TV shows! (Not big roles, but hey, it counts!)
2006-03-12, 9:44 PM #46
My friend's girlfriend's best friend's (who lives on the same street) dad plays for the Anaheim Angels.

I live 30 minutes from them.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-03-12, 11:46 PM #47
Well, only a few -- but we have Dennis Leary, so we win. Of course, while Eric Per Sullivan isn't bad (I hear he's an *******, though), I'm not so sure about Christopher Titus...

Worcester, MA
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2006-03-13, 5:40 AM #48
No one from my small rural town of PA.
2006-03-13, 3:08 PM #49
Does Robin Hood count? :p
/fluffle
2006-03-13, 3:33 PM #50
Andy Griffith is the only one from here, and it's amazing he actually made it.
2006-03-13, 3:55 PM #51
Tom Hanks. I win.

Also, read this. I say cover up, accidental nuke explosion. They still havent rebuilt anything where this explosion happened, there is a big desolate radius.

Quote:
Concord Naval Weapons Station, which used to be called "Port Chicago," was involved in a still-controversial happening to this day. On the evening of July 17th, 1944, a ship packed with munitions and explosives was docking at the port when an extremely large explosion rocked the night sky. Buildings were damaged as far away as San Francisco, a distance of 48 miles. All 320 soldiers on duty were killed instantly. The Navy immediately sprang into action, sending soldiers to put out the fire and restore order in the area.

Of the 320 men, nearly 2/3 were African American because of the racial segregation in the military at that time. This caused a huge uproar among the remaining African Americans in the area. Of the 328 remaining men in the Ordinance Battalion, 258 African Americans refused to load ammunition. All were court martialed, and all were given bad conduct discharges and ordered to forfeit 3 months pay for disobeying orders.

The explosion and later mutiny proceedings would help illustrate the costs of racial discrimination and fuel public criticism. By 1945, as the Navy worked toward desegregation, some mixed units appeared. When President Harry Truman called for the Armed Forces to be desegregated in 1948, the Navy could honestly say that Port Chicago had been a very important step in that process.
2006-03-13, 3:57 PM #52
I think Alfred Hitchcock lived near here.
2006-03-13, 4:06 PM #53
Gabe and Tycho are from Spokane, WA. :D
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-03-13, 7:23 PM #54
Originally posted by JLee:
From Gainesville FL:

Less than Jake >.>
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-03-13, 7:45 PM #55
Originally posted by Wolfy:
No one. But Brad Pitt did graduate from my university.

Brad Pitt and his family lives in my town (Springfield).

Don S. Davis comes from the area Wolfy and I are from.
2006-03-13, 8:05 PM #56
Nathaniel Hawthorne.
I totally spelt that wrong.

Coming from the nearest big city, though, (I live in a small town of 4,000)

Stephen King
Liv Tyler
Henry Longfellow
2006-03-14, 6:24 AM #57
Ok, hitting IMDB, this is what else I've found:

Corliss Williamson - NBA player for the Philedelphia 76ers (he was just here in town 2 weeks ago - don't know why I forgot him)

Natalie Canarday - someone you've never heard of but was in Walk the Line, October Sky, Sling Blade, etc.

Elizabeth Gracen (the Miss America) - had an acting career until 2002 (Charmed, Highlander, etc) - she also apparently had sex with Bill Clinton (hey, who didn't)

Some dude that composed music for about 315 cartoons.

Another dude I didn't know.

And finally, a kid that went to the same church I did before he decided he was gay and went on MTVs The Real World.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-14, 11:25 AM #58
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
Tom Hanks. I win.

Sean freaking Connery. I win.
nope.
2006-03-14, 11:46 AM #59
The band Pantera came from Arlington. I met one of the guitarists once when he came into the Cracker Barrel I work at, though I didn't really care.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.

↑ Up to the top!