Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Your next car
Your next car
2006-03-19, 9:43 AM #41
Because Toyotas are the bomb.

I love my completely un-tricked out '96 Corolla.
2006-03-19, 10:23 AM #42
Oh snap.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=70722051211331357&q=VW
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-03-19, 11:29 AM #43
It's odd that ford makes an overseas car that look just like a Dodge Neon.

I love watching Top Gear for overseas models like that.

I'm actually hoping to get a Mustang. I hated the Mustang for a lot of reasons, largely because it seems like everyone and their grangmother has one, but that '05 Mustang left me wanting one in the worst way.

Either that or a Trans-Am.

Eventually when I'm rolling in it I'd like a Corvette Z06 or a Lotus Exige.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2006-03-20, 12:19 AM #44
[QUOTE=Bounty Hunter 4 hire]It's odd that ford makes an overseas car that look just like a Dodge Neon.[/QUOTE]
Eh? You talking about my XR6? It's a 4-door sedan, apart from that...
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-04-05, 9:59 AM #45
Hate on american domestics is unwarranted. Somewhere abouts, this idea that foreign cars are more reliable sprung up, and it's not really true at all. All of the domestic cars we've ever had have lasted really well, whereas the foreigns break constantly.

I think it largely springs from racism, thinking oh, those asians, they really know how to make things reliable!
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2006-04-05, 10:07 AM #46
Originally posted by Hebedee:
Because Toyotas are the bomb.

I love my completely un-tricked out '96 Corolla.

Heh, I've got a '97.
Base model. No power windows or locks, no rear speakers, no cruise control, no rear defrost and a dome light with a short in it.
But I've got an alarm!
:)
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-04-05, 10:14 AM #47
[http://www.roleximpex.com/gifs/bajaj-re-2stroke.jpg]
I'm totally buying an autorickshaw and modifying it so it's street legal. Booya.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-04-05, 10:17 AM #48
Ahaha, I love AutoRickshaws. So wanted to build one, I think it just has a motorcycle motor.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-04-05, 10:46 AM #49
Originally posted by oSiRiS:
Seriously it is like there is no such thing as a small, fast manual here in america. It's like, Celica and Tiburon, neither of which are domestic.

Except for my car: Dodge SRT-4 :) (Technically, I have the 2004 model, but there's no significant change.) This is the last year they are making them though, since Dodge is ending production of the Neon. I've had it for a little over a year now, and have been very happy with my purchase thus far.

The WRX Sti is faster, but costs $10,000 more, plus it's not domestic.
"Good Asian dubs are like Steven Segal and plot; they just dont appear in the same movie." -Spork
2006-04-05, 11:06 AM #50
Originally posted by Home_Sliced:
Except for my car: Dodge SRT-4 :) (Technically, I have the 2004 model, but there's no significant change.) This is the last year they are making them though, since Dodge is ending production of the Neon. I've had it for a little over a year now, and have been very happy with my purchase thus far.

The WRX Sti is faster, but costs $10,000 more, plus it's not domestic.

Yea, the SRT-4 is pretty hot.
2006-04-05, 2:18 PM #51
Hate on american domestics is unwarranted. Somewhere abouts, this idea that foreign cars are more reliable sprung up, and it's not really true at all. All of the domestic cars we've ever had have lasted really well, whereas the foreigns break constantly.

I think it largely springs from racism, thinking oh, those asians, they really know how to make things reliable!

Yeah a friend of mine talks about American manufacturers designing things to break at a certain mileage point. The power window motor on his mom's car blew at around 100,000 mi. If that happened to his Jetta he'd call it coincidence but because it was domestic he starts alluding to a conspiracy.

I could understand a problem with design philosophy. American sports car designers, for instance, care about straight line speed, and are then criticized about handling.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2006-04-07, 12:03 PM #52
[http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/110397.jpg]
2006-04-07, 12:42 PM #53
2006 pontiac solstice. damn thats a sexy car. first time i saw the advert i nearly creamed my jeans.

right now i have a 1999 grand am, which apart from the cup holder being incovenient when i'm in park, i just love to death. and which i will probably drive till its death, be it a swift death like my neon (neon vs lexus SUV == totalled neon, hardly scratched SUV) or a slow painful withering away.

and by the time i want/need a new car, the 06 solstice will prolly be well within my price range.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-04-07, 12:48 PM #54
vrrrrrrrrrroooooomooJOooklllllllllllllll

irrisp0ppp

pppliop_____________zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt

I
2006-04-07, 1:07 PM #55

Wow. You don't know what you're talking about at all. American vehicles (built after 1984) are designed specifically to be a 4 year car (tops). The market here is such that people are willing to buy a new car on or before the 4 year aniversary of purchasing the vehicle.

The cars themselves are designed with higher maintenence needs and lower tolerance for abuse. Whereas a European vehicle is held to a much higher performance standard, and an ideally lower maintenence schedule.

One clear-cut example of this is the MFG guidelines for oil replacement in a domestic vs a European vehicle. The American car is listed at 3 mos or 3000 miles. The European vehicle is 5 mos or 5000 miles. This means that the car can not only run longer with less threat of damage from dirty oil, but also that it doesn't burn oil as quickly as the domestic vehicle.

The problem with American cars equates to exactly what Dave said earlier. The manufacturer spends millions on R+D to make something that will wow purchasers. Whereas, foreign manufacturers have been sticking with the same formula for years. They make smaller, (save for the Merc trucks, which aren't designed to be passenger vehicles anyways) faster, and more efficient vehicles. There are rarely any whiz-bang features. The only major change to a foreign vehicle that I can think of in the last 5 years is the transition of Audi cars to a transmission without gears. (I'm obviously not including the advent of alternative fuels, hydro-electric, etc vehicles in this statement)

In short, Domestic vehicles DO NOT hold up as well as a foreign car at all.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-04-07, 2:25 PM #56
Yeah but domestic cars aren't all goofy looking.
Warhead[97]
2006-04-07, 3:03 PM #57
Hehe, Spork wants to buy a Blue Falcon.
Doubt anyone besides me will get that...:(

I drive a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport which is a comfortable, but small SUV. I'm considering buying the 2005 model when I sell this one. But who cares about driving an explorer? This is what I drive when I'm back home:

[http://www.bitcan.net/images/300zx.jpg]
Historians are the most powerful and dangerous members of any society. They must be watched carefully... They can spoil everything. - Nikita Khrushchev.
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god. - Jean Rostand.
2006-04-07, 7:38 PM #58
Seriously it is like there is no such thing as a small, fast manual here in america. It's like, Celica and Tiburon, neither of which are domestic.

Never driven a 350Z have you?

And as far as my next car, I was gonna get a Fiero but now Im thinking of a 240SX.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2006-04-07, 7:40 PM #59
I'm a big fan of Honda Accord's, so that is what I want my next car to be. (I won't go unrealistic and say Ferrarri :P )
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-04-07, 7:49 PM #60
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
Yeah but domestic cars aren't all goofy looking.

HHR
PT Cruiser
SSR
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2006-04-07, 8:45 PM #61
[http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/03images/det2_tomahawk_1.jpg]

:D
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-04-07, 9:00 PM #62
I have problems with vehicles that I have no idea how to sit on... ^^^^^^^^^

I always liked the cameros...
2006-04-07, 10:43 PM #63
[http://www.sfondideldesktop.com/Images-Cars/Acura/Tl-2005/Acura-Tl-2005-0001/Acura-Tl-2005-0001.jpg]

Acura TL. Getting it in may.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-04-08, 9:37 AM #64
Maybe it's the wheel arches, but those rims look really really small.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-04-08, 9:56 AM #65
I don't even have my license yet, but It'll probably be this.

[http://powersports.honda.com/assets/images/model/model_hero_shot/motorcycles/2006/large/Rebel.jpg]

Sweet jesus Glyde, that's not a motorcycle, it's a 4 wheeled suppository.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-04-08, 2:15 PM #66
It has blue neon lights on the exhaust pipes to make the exhaust blue.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-04-08, 2:53 PM #67
I <3 my '96 white Nissan Sentra.
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.

↑ Up to the top!