Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Offensive Terms: [Content Warning]
Offensive Terms: [Content Warning]
2006-03-20, 6:07 PM #1
I've since changed my stance on this.

Wow. So there's this girl who I've known for about a year, right? She's one of those people who everyone pretty much dislikes because she very plainly assumes she's above everyone else. Even she would admit as much. She's cocky, and agressive with people. Furthermore, she really hated my girlfriend before she and I ever met. Before I was even dating her. WE became really close friends, but then she got a boyfriend that made her fade away. Suddenly, she PMs me on AIM after a sort of falling out.

For those of you without imaginations, the word in question starts with a C, and is a slang for the female genitalia.

Quote:
Girl: My pussy is emo.
Girl: it bleeds
BSG: Ew
Girl: lmao
BSG: I'm going to kick you in the ****.
Girl: hey now
Girl: no c words for me please
Girl: 'tis offensive
BSG: psh
BSG: Many things are offensive.
Girl: so please refrain from saying them
BSG: OR refrain from being offended.
BSG: I see it both ways.
BSG: And dealing with what people say makes far more sense than everyone else conforming to you, doesn't it?
Girl: Two words:
Girl: Common Courtesy.
Girl: +one more:
Girl: respect.
Girl: adhere to it
BSG: Using the word "****" is far from disrespect.
BSG: And I refuse to change my vocabulary for anyone else. Especially when my vocabulary contains no connotations.
BSG: "****" was never a phrase used against an entire race under slavery.
Girl: what is considered disrespect is relative
BSG: Exactly.
Girl: and depends on the person
Girl: so, if I ask you to please not refer to my vagina as a ****, then respect my asking and don't, you deformed, semi-evolved gorilla.
BSG: OR don't PM me after not talking to me for 3 months only to ***** about your vagina bleeding, and then continuing to ***** about terms I use merely because you're PMSing.
Girl: and you haven't talked to me for three months
Girl: and the bleeding thing was a joke
Girl: i'm far from PMSing. My last period was ten days ago.

She tells a handful of her friends that I’m a disrespectful ******* and they end up arguing with my girlfriend and disliking me greatly, based only upon this discussion. She had only told them that I CALLED her a **** and that I used it just to spite her.

Somewhat annoyed, I try to make peace by explaining that I would have completely respected her by not using the term, I had only tried to discuss it with her before, simply because that's the kind of people we USED to be. I thought I could apologize for offending her, and maybe clear my name in the argument that I was only discussing the science of it, not attempting to offend her. Instead...

Quote:
BSG: Dear
Girl: yes?
BSG: I can understand that you assign a gigantic overtone to a silly word like ****
Girl: the thing is, i'm so hypocritical about it
Girl: I use it like, ten times a day
BSG: But it's very unappreciated that an entire group of people whom I've never met have an assumption about my moral standings before I've ever even met them.
Girl: oh
BSG: I'm not really angry or anything at all
Girl: my friends?
BSG: I just sort of "hmphed" about that
Girl: well, I don't appreciate people using that word when they talk to me, it's a respect issue, and if you are not willing to give me the respect I deserve, than that does reflect poorly on your morals
BSG: I like to argue my own standpoints. I don't care what people think of me, but I'd like them to dislike what I think, not disagree with something secondhand. Granted, it says something about them to judge immediately.
BSG: Regardless, that's YOUR opinion. In my opinion, someone could use a term I don't like in front of me, and I won't care. I don't see it as a disrespect. There's no way we can live life appeasing other's personal levels of comfort by muting our regular opinions.
Girl: especially when, instead of simply apologizing to me, you decided to make it an issue, a point of debate. Which is fine, I don't care. I will stay here all night and argue with you.. in the year 2015 when I don't have a bazillion things to do, but I did tell my friend about it because I was offended,
Girl: well brandon, the term offends me. I respect your opinion, and I would appreciate it if you would respect mine.
BSG: I don't apologize for being me. I'm sorry you take offense, and I probably wouldn't use it in front of you, but **** is the least offensive word there is. You give the term power by shielding yourself from it.
BSG: Put it this way, all of the offense in the word was YOUR doing. Not mine.
BSG: Who owns the problem?
BSG: I'd totally understand were I using the term in an offensive tense.
BSG: To me, **** is a word for the vagina.
Girl: which can be twisted into a derogatory term
BSG: By people looking for a derogatory meaning, or by someone intending it so.
Girl: just like nigger, dick, ******, midget, cripple, etc.
BSG: Exactly.
Girl: and i do not like being referred to in a derogatory manner
BSG: The word is only as powerful as the person twisting it makes it.
BSG: I NEVER referred to you as a ****.
BSG: I checked the logs to make sure.
BSG: I was talking about your vagina itself.
Girl: well then please
BSG: However, that doesn't mean I'm above calling someone a ****.
Girl: call it my vagina
Girl: vagina, pussy, snatch, whatever
BSG: Why does the term offend you?
Girl: I don't care
Girl: I am sensitive only to the word ****. It's an abuse word for me Brandon. Please respect that. I'm not willing right now to discuss the philosophy behind words, and I apologise for making you look badly in the faces of my friends, I wish only that you refrain from using the word "****" in front of my in the future.
Girl: Goodnight to you.
BSG: "****" is a play-on word from "Scabbard" in old English. It's NEVER been a derogatory term, only slang. That'd be like becoming offended by the term "phat."
BSG: YOU empowered the word, not me.
BSG: And being offended is YOUR problem, not mine.
BSG: I won't use it in front of you
Girl: ok, then I suggest you not talk to me any more, if you will use words that offend me
BSG: Because I am a person of respect.
Girl: I am too
Girl: I respect others, and expect to be treated in the same manner
Girl: but that is not the case here
BSG: But the point I'm trying to make is that you're the one making the word
BSG: NOT me
Girl: ok. I agree.
Girl: thank you.
BSG: Well, my point isn't over. The point is that, when you talk to your friends about it, you're obviously not going to argue my side of it
BSG: So now there's a handful of people that think I'm this immoral person who tosses aside respect and does whatever he wants.
BSG: If you read the log of that discussion, I said the SAME thing as I am now. I just wanted to discuss the reasoning in it, and the silliness in the offense of the matter.
Girl: that is what you appear to be, yes.
BSG: ****, no. Listen.
BSG: I was only discussing the concept of offense to the term
Girl: no. I am busy, you are a hubris ***, and I must say, exactly like your girlfriend. Which, is why we are not going to get along any longer.
BSG: You turned a philosophical debate into a reflection of my morals.
BSG: Which doesn't bode well with me.
BSG: Especially when these people don't even know me.
Girl: I don't want a debate
BSG: I KNOW you don't.
Girl: I want to you quit talking to me
BSG: Holy ****, Girl. Didn't you just claim morals?
BSG: You're being ignorant, and inconsiderate of the possibility that I was taken the wrong way.
Girl: Please. Why do people always talk to me when i'm in the worst mood?
Girl: This always happens!
BSG: I didn't MEAN to come off as intentionally offensive!
BSG: I wanted a discussion, you didn't.
Girl: Ok. So get off your high-horse and SHUT THE **** UP!!!
BSG: Holy **** Girl!
BSG: You're being a gigantic ***** right now. I'm only trying to show you that I wanted to discuss the concept of the matter. IN context.
BSG: In all practicality, I avoid hurtful words that piss people off.
BSG: Even if I don't understand why.
BSG: I thought you would have been a smart person to discuss it with.
BSG: THAT'S all.
BSG: Instead you blow EVERYTHING out of proportion, make me look like a mega-******* to people who I don't even know, and STILL refuse to even DISCUSS the matter on a non-defensive level.
BSG: I'm trying to REASON with you. Trying to APOLOGIZE. I'm not trying to ANTAGONIZE you.
BSG: A time ago, you used to be perfectly rational to things like this, and I found you one of the most intellectual people I knew.
Girl: You are either contradicting yourself, or not being clear enough in your argument. I have things to do. I'm not your **** to just order around in a one-sided philosophical debate whenever you ****ing want
BSG: *head explodes*
Girl: I am in a bad mood, have had a very bad month.
BSG: You're always in a goddamn bad mood.
BSG: It's impossible to have a normal conversation with you without offending you, or making you defensive.
Girl: I DON'T WANT TO BE CALLED A **** AND I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT! ASK ME ABOUT MY DAY! MY LIFE! TELL ME ABOUT YOUR LIFE! i DON'T WANT TO GET IN A ****ING DEBATE WITH YOU ABOUT THE MEANING OF ONE ****ING LITTLE WORD!
BSG: Maybe some of us don't like to have to choose their words? Maybe some of us thought you were better than to use your misfortunes as an excuse for an entire friendship to fall.
Girl: ****! YOU!
Girl: AHHH!!!!
*** "Girl" signed off at Mon Mar 20 19:46:49 2006.

People give far too much power to words said without any connotation intented. WHY you would empower someone at all confuses me. If my enemy hung a red and green flag in their territory, what good does it do to be offended by those colors? It's stupid, and amazingly shallow. Sure, the term '****' isn't at all appealing. I never said it was. It just wasn't intended as an attack, and to make such a gigantic deal out of it is beyond me.

Discuss.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-20, 6:08 PM #2
I know you posted a warning, but this isn't massassi safe AT ALL, even with a warning.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-20, 6:10 PM #3
...so someone asks you not to use the word **** and you deside to be a jerk about it? That's really big.

Quote:
BSG: Instead you blow EVERYTHING out of proportion, make me look like a mega-******* to people who I don't even know, and STILL refuse to even DISCUSS the matter on a non-defensive level.

Actually, she just asked you to stop. You made a big deal about it and kept using it and telling her she was wrong for being offended by it.
2006-03-20, 6:11 PM #4
Um, why? All terms are censored, and it's a logical debate. I'd understand, you know, if it was just a long list of sexual slang, but it's not that at all.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-20, 6:11 PM #5
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]...so someone asks you not to use the word **** and you deside to be a jerk about it? That's really big.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't at all a jerk about it. I may have been a jerk after she tossed it around to people, but in context, I was tryng to defend myself.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-20, 6:16 PM #6
Yeah, you were definately a major elitist ******* in that conversation, kirby.

I can see where you thought you might be in the right as far as talking to her about it, but forcing a debate on her and being a complete dick about it is something else.
2006-03-20, 6:17 PM #7
You weren't in the wrong, but you took it too far. Why did you keep talking to her, you didn't have to pound it into her...?

But I agree, she's sorta wrong about the word and whatnot. But, sticking up for what you believe in/being true to yourself doesn't mean you can't avoid the word around her for her sake. You would sacrifice so little... maybe it doesn't do anyone much good, but if it at least makes her a little happy it's no biggie. However, then if she uses that as a holier-than-thou point, she's lame.

Eh.
2006-03-20, 6:23 PM #8
But you need to realize the relationship we once had. Debating and discussing things like that was what we DID. That's what I was trying to get across in the second discussion. I wanted to tell her that what I was trying to debate was only for DEBATE sense, NOT to attack her or antagonize her.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-20, 6:24 PM #9
If you don't stop when they say to, you might as well be a rapist

:O
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-20, 6:30 PM #10
You're wrong about the origins of "****." It comes from (I believe) a hindi root for "womb" (If it wasn't hindi, it was at least a language in that region...).
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-20, 6:36 PM #11
Based on that, you are both retarded.
[This message has been edited by Viper45 (edited December 27, 2000).]
2006-03-20, 6:37 PM #12
I don't see anything wrong with what Kirby did. The girl seemed very unreasonable and twisted the story to make herself the victim to her friends. Maybe she lied about when her last period was. :em321:
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-03-20, 6:39 PM #13
Hey Kirby, you win the prize!

I'm sure with that victory under your belt, you can now move onto bigger and better things, like convincing people coke and RC Cola taste different.

Also, this would have been better:

BSG: I don't apologize for being me; After all, I'm the Juggernaut, *****.
2006-03-20, 6:39 PM #14
He didn't really make it clear the reasons he had to go talk to her, though.

I, his girlfriend and the object of geat dislike for many at my school, this girl among them. I also happen to be on the Mock Trial team. 50% of which is made up of her friends. As soon as Kirby was brought into the conversation in the three days we spent together, they took that opportunity to jump uip and say "didn't he call Sara a "****?" Yeah, I don't like your boyfriend" I tried to explain the situation, as I'd read the conversation previously. However, they were convinced that calling her such a thing was unforgivable. They were oblivious to the fact that he DIDN'T call her it, regardless of her ideas of respect.

So a large group of people I go to school with have taken it upon themselves to spread around how awful my boyfriend is. I think he has a reason to be upset.
My Signature
2006-03-20, 6:44 PM #15
This really isn't the worst thing ever posted here

Anyways, yeah, girls can be b****es when they are all depressed and stuff.

My ex gf acted similar to this girl in this conversation when I broke up with her.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-03-20, 6:46 PM #16
Kirby - IMO, you crossed the line in the first few exchanges. She politely asked you to quit, and you completely blew her off.

Your "apology" was so condescending that it was utterly worthless.

I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of the IMs - the first set alone puts me on her side. Whatever the background is/was between you, I still think you crossed the line.
woot!
2006-03-20, 6:57 PM #17
And I think you really shouldn't post unless you read the entire thread.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-20, 6:59 PM #18
And I really agree with my "elitist *******" of a boyfriend
My Signature
2006-03-20, 7:00 PM #19
She was being an obnoxious uber***** (not as much in the conversations but definitely for spreading it around and victimizing herself)

And you were being a pigheaded jackass
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-03-20, 7:04 PM #20
If questioning the empowerment of the word "****" is the definition of "jackass" than, yes, you're right. Maybe I pushed it too far, but I was only attempting to discuss something I feel strongly about. She feels strongly about the word ****, and I feel strongly about the decay of humility in the empowering of simple words.

Decades were spent on the empowerment of the n word. "Clean my Cothes, Nigger. Breast feed my baby, nigger. Hoe my fields, nigger." It's got horrific implications. Had the term been used AGAINST the slave-owners, it never would have gained the power it has.

Homosexuals have "redeemed" the term "***" [3 letter f word] in an attempt to debunk the word's power.

I feel VERY strongly about this subject. She feels very strongly about her subject. I'll only admit that I might have gone about it in a less polite manner, but I thought she was half joking in the beginning. Especially when I've heard her use the term in person before, so I thought she was playing around and ebbing a debate.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-20, 7:13 PM #21
Kirby, you're definitely in the right, but you should have tried a different mode of attack instead of using the same one over and over again. Me, I would have focussed on her calling you a "deformed, semi-evolved gorilla" and blown that way out of proportion and saying it offended you. See, she has two choices at this point; one is to apologize, in which case you can then apologize for saying the dreaded c-word and move forward amicably, or she can get all pissy about how she didn't mean it and that you're taking it all wrong and then you can point her back towards your original argument and say "notice any similarities?".

Oh well. People who won't admit when they're wrong really aren't worth dealing with. Kill her and dump the body in the river.
Stuff
2006-03-20, 7:15 PM #22
If you guys knew the girl you may realise. She makes it her civic duty to see how many people she can piss off and amuse at the same time. It's an easy mistake to make. Neither of us considered it a big deal until she decided to make us both look bad by misquoting, then denying when questioned!
My Signature
2006-03-20, 7:17 PM #23
“She had black silk stockings on covering her knees, but I was unable to see as far up as the **** (this name, which I always used with Simone, is, I think, by far the loveliest of the names for the vagina).”
Quote Originally Posted by Chaz Ghostle
some gay men prefer to have partners with smaller, softer bodies[. . .]It really all comes down to what you like.
2006-03-20, 7:21 PM #24
<3 HOODWINKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost forgot about that story! Haha! <3!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-20, 7:25 PM #25
Originally posted by JediKirby:
And I think you really shouldn't post unless you read the entire thread.

Quote:
Girl: My pussy is emo.
Girl: it bleeds
BSG: Ew
Girl: lmao
BSG: I'm going to kick you in the ****.

Maybe I'm a different kind of person...but that's not exactly what I say to people, whether or not they piss me off.

That's all I need to read. You all have fun arguing.

As far as the rest of the story goes, I'm not about to waste the time reading it, so I'm not going to say you're wrong -- but you didn't exactly start off on the right foot.

As far as not talking for 3 months, that goes both ways.

$0.02

/DevilsAdvocate
woot!
2006-03-20, 7:28 PM #26
I was very obviously joking. If I would have said "I'm going to kick you in the vagina" she would have laughed. How would YOU respond to a decleration of her vagina's status? Really? Even SHE didn't care about that. Had you read the entire post...
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-20, 7:31 PM #27
I was very obviously joking. If I would have said "I'm going to kick you in the vagina" she would have laughed. How would YOU respond to a decleration of her vagina's status? Really? Even SHE didn't care about that. Had you read the entire post...

How would I respond?

"...."

That's about it.

Commence arguing - nobody likes the devil's advocate, so I'll be leaving. :)
woot!
2006-03-20, 7:31 PM #28
That gets the award for being the dumbest conversation I've ever read.
2006-03-20, 7:36 PM #29
I will say that I think the fact that she victimized herself, and twisted the conversation around in such a way that made you seem like the bad guy is not cool, and wrong.

And I will say I'm on your and your girlfriend's side. However; I do think you went just a little over-the-top by continuing on about it though she had asked you to stop roughly half-way through the second conversation. THe fact that you would debate with her before does not justify that. However, given that she turned the first conversation around to make you out to be the bad guy mixed with that, does give it some justification, especially considering how apparent it is that you definitely were/are not happy about that.

I'm definitely not trying to offend you or your girlfriend (though, given the statements in the conversations I assume I didn't offend you, not sure about your girlfriend though, but if I did offned either/both of you, I certainly apologize). As I said originally, I do definitely agree with you and am on your side of this. What she did, compared to what you did, is definitely worse, and you had (and do have) every right to be mad about it.
2006-03-20, 7:43 PM #30
Wow, why is everyone taking her side right off the bat? Out of the blue she IM's Kirby and says that her crotch is bleeding, like that's somehow not more offensive than the 'word in which we do not speak', then she demands that he refrains from using an 'offensive' term in front of her? That's a double standard if I've ever seen one!

A lot of people seem to think the 'word in which we do not speak' is the most offensive word in the world, but I'm going to have to take Kirby's side on this seeing how he wasn't using it in the derrogatory, and if anything, her opening statement was sheerly disgusting.

She then goes and tells her real life friends (and people that Kirby has to physically deal with) about something that went on in a private message, making him look like a jackass? What if he went around telling people that she PM'ed him complaining about her crotch? People would get the wrong idea and she wouldn't like that too much. That's probably how Kirby feels.

What I hate most about her though, is how she just flips out. I knew someone like that once, I got sick of her dramatic bull and disassociated myself with her.

Did she take up drugs or something? She didn't seem that interested in being Kirby's friend anyway, with comments like "I'm busy" and "Don't talk to me, I'm in a bad mood." I've had friends that were the most intellectual people I knew when they were sober, then they took up drugs and started saying stupid **** without putting much thought into it to make sure it was worth saying and not hurtful. Don't get me wrong, I know some people who have better attitudes when they are high, but that's not the majority...

"I know you posted a warning, but this isn't massassi safe AT ALL, even with a warning." This is one of the things I hate about Massassi, it's too easy to offend certain people, and when that happens, the admins feel that they must shelter the offended persons eyes by editing/deleting/banning. Perhaps in this case the guy is somewhat right, Perhaps Kirby should have posted this on something other than a Star Wars forum, perhaps on a forum where language is less restricted, and more people have actual experience with women... This guy is missing the point Kirby's trying to make, as well as overlooking the fact that he completely starred out most of the 'offensive' terms. To quote Kirby on it is like some little kid saying "Om, you swore, I'm going to tell on you" to a grown up. I respect Massassi's language rules, and even to a degree appreciate them for keeping the random jackass from posting useless comments that don't contribute to anything other than the jackasses ability to outswear a sailor, but when 'bad words' are used in this context, or even the subject of a debate like this where Kirby is asking for advice, people shouldn't feel so much offended as willing to deal with it and offer the advice requested.

Kirby may or may not have been excessive in keeping the debate on the 'word in which we do not speak' going, but I personally would have pressed the block button and removed a contact who otherwise hasn't spoke to me in months immediatly following 'emo' or 'bleeding'. That was just a nasty mental image and women with any class whatsoever do not speak of such things.
DuraCleave™
- SM Nesseight | Chris (XFire profile)
- Sith Mercenaries
2006-03-20, 7:46 PM #31
Originally posted by FCTuner04:
I will say that I think the fact that she victimized herself, and twisted the conversation around in such a way that made you seem like the bad guy is not cool, and wrong.

And I will say I'm on your and your girlfriend's side. However; I do think you went just a little over-the-top by continuing on about it though she had asked you to stop roughly half-way through the second conversation. THe fact that you would debate with her before does not justify that. However, given that she turned the first conversation around to make you out to be the bad guy mixed with that, does give it some justification, especially considering how apparent it is that you definitely were/are not happy about that.

I'm definitely not trying to offend you or your girlfriend (though, given the statements in the conversations I assume I didn't offend you, not sure about your girlfriend though, but if I did offned either/both of you, I certainly apologize). As I said originally, I do definitely agree with you and am on your side of this. What she did, compared to what you did, is definitely worse, and you had (and do have) every right to be mad about it.

Thank you. I can agree that I probably acted a little too much on a fueled fire, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I am really being twisted into a the bad guy to begin with.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-20, 7:56 PM #32
Just to be clear...

Kirby and I are the most unoffendable people in existance.

[/POINTLESSCONSOLATION]
My Signature
2006-03-20, 7:57 PM #33
Thank you. I can agree that I probably acted a little too much on a fueled fire, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I am really being twisted into a the bad guy to begin with.

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. And, for the record, I don't think you went way over the line or anything. I just think you just took a step or two beyond the line where I think you should have stopped.

But yeah, I'm definitely on your side.

Also:

While probably not as strongly, I do agree with nesseight's post.
2006-03-20, 8:05 PM #34
Oh, and before anyone claims I'm doing exactly what she did: I'm not posting this to attack her or anything. None of her friends will read this, and no one will ever know WHO it is. I'm not trying to slander her at all. This is about the moral implications of words, and the empowerment of others.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-20, 8:08 PM #35
livejournal.com
2006-03-20, 8:09 PM #36
"I post on a forum where 90 percent of the posts could be blog posts, and I ***** about it."
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-20, 8:15 PM #37
maybe some warning about the content of that link p'haps, for the benefit of others...

.'/

Now I sound whiny. It doesn't bother me, but it is about as explicit as they come.
2006-03-20, 8:56 PM #38
reference to Nesseight: I never EVER took her side. (though it will sound like it to you, kirb in my PM, but I was speking in reference to you, not to her)

She was obnoxious

so was he in beating the dead horse and not dropping it.

both parties were wrong. I'm not trying to say Kirb as a person is obnoxious, but here, seroiusly, there's a point were you just need to know when to quit.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-03-20, 10:27 PM #39
Holy soap opera Batman.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-03-20, 10:32 PM #40
I'll admit I pulled a tl;dr about 1/2 way through. Some highlights though
Quote:
BSG: And I refuse to change my vocabulary for anyone else. Especially when my vocabulary contains no connotations.

Really? You're not going to give two ****s whether your vocabulary offends someone? FYI, I don't like the use of that word myself. I rarely if ever say it. It leaves me with quite the unpleasant feeling. To continue.
Quote:
BSG: I can understand that you assign a gigantic overtone to a silly word like ****

Again see above, it's not so silly.
Quote:
Girl: I am sensitive only to the word ****. It's an abuse word for me Brandon. Please respect that. I'm not willing right now to discuss the philosophy behind words, and I apologise for making you look badly in the faces of my friends, I wish only that you refrain from using the word "****" in front of my in the future.

She wanted to stop here yet you continued to persist this issue. You should have stopped.

Thoughts: You both acted poorly in this discussion. She was being *****y and you were being a jackass. You should have just let it drop. She will NOT be the last stupid/*****y/smarmy girl you meet. God help you if this is how you're going to react to them.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!