Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Offensive Terms: [Content Warning]
Offensive Terms: [Content Warning]
2006-03-20, 10:37 PM #41
Ooh, the drama. I think sugarless might be right (I think other people made the same point too, but she said it the simplest, and she's the one that got me to notice this thread anyway). I still say we should randomly make fun of Kirby with references to Ashley. Uh... go vent by posting on NeS. Yes... <_< (I'm so not helpful here.)

Also:

Originally posted by Nesseight:
"I know you posted a warning, but this isn't massassi safe AT ALL, even with a warning." This is one of the things I hate about Massassi, it's too easy to offend certain people, and when that happens, the admins feel that they must shelter the offended persons eyes by editing/deleting/banning. Perhaps in this case the guy is somewhat right, Perhaps Kirby should have posted this on something other than a Star Wars forum, perhaps on a forum where language is less restricted, and more people have actual experience with women... This guy is missing the point Kirby's trying to make, as well as overlooking the fact that he completely starred out most of the 'offensive' terms. To quote Kirby on it is like some little kid saying "Om, you swore, I'm going to tell on you" to a grown up. I respect Massassi's language rules, and even to a degree appreciate them for keeping the random jackass from posting useless comments that don't contribute to anything other than the jackasses ability to outswear a sailor, but when 'bad words' are used in this context, or even the subject of a debate like this where Kirby is asking for advice, people shouldn't feel so much offended as willing to deal with it and offer the advice requested.

As unfortunate as it may or may not be, Massassi is meant to be a G-rated place, PG at most. So yeah.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-03-20, 11:02 PM #42
[url]www.livejournal.com[/url]
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-03-20, 11:04 PM #43
Originally posted by MBeggar:
[url]www.livejournal.com[/url]

Jon'C beat you to that.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-03-20, 11:09 PM #44
YEA WELL YOURE A DAMN HIPPY
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-03-20, 11:10 PM #45
What was the purpose of posting this here? Were you looking for us all to tell you you were right? I mean, really, wtf? This is really kinda random and we all could have done without that. And I don't think you're right.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-21, 9:55 AM #46
My take on this is...

To start, she opened the conversation poorly -- but Kirby, you didn't respect her; so I don't see how you deserve her respect. I find that word offensive, and I see quite well where she's coming from -- if you had said that stuff to me in person, wheelchair or not, I would have decked you. Seriously.

I'm not saying what she did after was justified, but... You deserved it, man.
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2006-03-21, 10:45 AM #47
Kirby, you are a jackass.
2006-03-21, 10:45 AM #48
Kirby, you are a jackass.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-03-21, 12:25 PM #49
Jirby, you are a kackass.

(but so is she :))
/fluffle
2006-03-21, 12:49 PM #50
("Big Scary Guy?")

You people all need to relaaaxxxx..... :) What's done is done and is in the past. Nothin can be done to change it, but everythin can be done to forget it...
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-03-21, 1:04 PM #51
You both are at fault. :)

Originally posted by genk:
If you don't stop when they say to, you might as well be a rapist

:O

hehe
2006-03-21, 1:11 PM #52
<3 genk

And kirbs, what she did wasn't right, but if I would have been her, instead of making you look like an ***, I would've ****ing punched you in the throat. Whether or not you think **** is offensive or not, she obviously didn't want to discuss it, you should just said "sorry for bothering you with this, we'll talk about it another time." Instead, you were a real jerk to her.
2006-03-21, 1:27 PM #53
arguments about stupid things are retarded
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2006-03-21, 1:40 PM #54
i really dont get why was it necessary to post this chat log, i mean i dont think anyone cares, and besides that, it makes you look bad, very bad... i mean, the 1st part was ok, but then when you "tried" to apologise. Seriously, it makes the kittens cry.

i agree, she needs an ol'fashioned *****slaping, and so do you.

grow up.
Pie.
2006-03-21, 1:41 PM #55
Originally posted by Gettleburger:
arguments about stupid things are retarded

i disagree! [gibberish-seizure-death-funeral]
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-03-21, 1:53 PM #56
Quote:
Just to be clear...

Kirby and I are the most unoffendable people in existance.
Is that a challenge? >: )

Also, I agree with sugarless's assessment.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2006-03-21, 2:03 PM #57
what nitropenguin said - no offense, but at the same time, offense intended.
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2006-03-21, 2:16 PM #58
Look at how she started talking to him. I mean, seriously, what the hell? I'd be offended if some chick randomly came up to me and started talking about her bleeding vagina. But kirb didn't get offended, and instead just made a joke back to her. Then she decides to get all pissy about it? That's somewhat stupid. Then she goes and tells a bunch of people that will have an effect in Kirbs and his girlfriends' lives. That's outright wrong.

On kirby's side of it, I don't see anything wrong with him using the word in the first place, due to the context of the conversation up to that point. However, during the second conversation, I do think he should have let it drop when she said she didn't want to debate it. A good line would have been something like, "Well whatever. I'm sorry you were offended. I don't appreciate you telling all those people and making me look like an ***, and I'd appreciate if you'd not do that in the future."

Then just let it drop. The fact that he continued is where he stepped over the line, I think.

And as far as Kirb's posting this here, I think it's not such a big deal. He warned in the subject that it wasn't the friendliest of situations, so people who would be offended could stay away.

As far is it being unimportant or no one caring; get over it. People make pointless threads here all the time. For example, who cares about the fact that I found a box with sticky crap all over it? That's just a stupid story with no bearing on anyone here, but no one complained about that. Why is this any different?
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-03-21, 2:35 PM #59
OK, after cooling off, I REALLY have to make some changes to my argument:

After stepping away from the situation, and reading my reactions and comments, I was pretty much looking for a fight. I REALLY should have laid off about 1/3rd of the way through the second discussion [The first discussion was a logical reaction from me based on my relationship with her, and the fact that I was half joking.] after she obviously apologized.

I initially IMed her simply to fix the fact that a handful of people dislike me because of the first convorsation. I lost that cause when I started debating the subject further. Granted, some of that is simply because of timing [Hiting enter at the same time, etc] and the fact that I was angry.

I'm going to apologize to her for pressing the situation, and ever using the word in the first place. I'm not going to bother with the girl any longer, simply because of the stupidity in her initial *****ing to begin with, but I definetly acted poorly.

Oh, and there's going to be people who don't read this post, so I'll put a message in the first post so I don't get people's "I only red 3 lines from the initial post, and..." arguments.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-21, 5:46 PM #60
Kirby, you're a jackass ;)
DuraCleave™
- SM Nesseight | Chris (XFire profile)
- Sith Mercenaries
2006-03-21, 5:47 PM #61
Signature.
D E A T H
2006-03-21, 5:52 PM #62
Mine's bigger.
DuraCleave™
- Sith Mercenaries
2006-03-21, 6:03 PM #63
That was my point. It's annoying.
D E A T H
2006-03-21, 6:07 PM #64
[QUOTE=THE RULEZ YO]Signatures - Signatures should be kept to a maximum of three lines normal sized font, or 4 lines of a smaller size. Please keep colors to a minimum, and do not link to sites with offensive content.[/QUOTE].
2006-03-21, 6:21 PM #65
</myfootisinmymouth>
DuraCleave™
- Sith Mercenaries
2006-03-21, 6:26 PM #66
Change that signature in five minutes or you're banned.

As in much smaller text and no obnoxious colors.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-03-21, 6:30 PM #67
</myfootisinmymouth>
DuraCleave™
- Sith Mercenaries
2006-03-21, 6:34 PM #68
/me kicks Nesseight in the ****
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-21, 6:35 PM #69
Congrats on your probable banination. We'll all enjoy life without you.(I hope)

o.0
2006-03-21, 6:35 PM #70
Originally posted by Roach:
/me kicks Nesseight in the ****

ROFL
2006-03-21, 6:37 PM #71
In commemoration of Nesseight, before his custom title was BANNED in red letters, is was "Catch you on the flip side".

Oh, and <3 Roach.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-21, 6:40 PM #72
Wanna play chicken with me? You're gonna lose every time.

Actually, I changed my mind on this part. The condition of your release is that you change your signature to follow the rules.

All has been resolved.

↑ Up to the top!