Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Incident Report
Incident Report
2006-03-24, 8:59 AM #81
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Edit: When that cop was handcuffing you, you should have said "I WANT TO PRESS CHARGES". It would mean losing his job if he didn't take down a statement at the very least. Memorize this for future reference.

I don't think she was handcuffed. The officer only threatened to.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-24, 9:40 AM #82
hehe handcuffing without reading the Miranda rights.

lol
2006-03-24, 9:42 AM #83
Originally posted by Anovis:

lol

In some states you don't have to read Miranda rights any more. It's considered common knowledge.
D E A T H
2006-03-24, 9:52 AM #84
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]In some states you don't have to read Miranda rights any more. It's considered common knowledge.[/QUOTE]

Common knowledge doesn't make sense. :\

But thanks for the info, I didn't know that.
2006-03-24, 9:58 AM #85
whine whine whine sue sue sue

next time you see him, tell him to **** off and leave it at that, its not like he chopped your feet off and used them to beat your family to death.
2006-03-24, 10:31 AM #86
Originally posted by Anovis:

lol

That's if he is in the process of doing so. In this situation, he was threatening to handcuff her.

My advice for you, just take the dean's advice, that's all I can say. Unless I heard both sides of the story and some other witnesses near the scene. I can't say anything further about this situation.
No sig.
2006-03-24, 1:49 PM #87
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]No. Displacing someone who's in your way is not assault. Shoving them out of the way rudely or harming them is.[/QUOTE]

did you somehow miss the part where she said he grabbed her and shoved her out the door and into the hallway?

Exhibit:

Originally posted by Elana14:
he grabbed my shirt with both hands at my collar bones and physically pushed me out the door....once he pushed me out the door against the wall...

i'm pretty sure that constitutes "shoving them out of the way rudely."
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-03-24, 3:11 PM #88
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]In some states you don't have to read Miranda rights any more. It's considered common knowledge.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty sure Miranda rights was a federal statute.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-03-24, 3:11 PM #89
Have you ever seen kids fight Ford? Where one kid barely gets touched, but then goes crying to the parent how they got pushed, hurt, etc.

That's what we're arguing here. There's a high chance she's overexaggerating the push. If a teacher pushed a student like she said, yet the cop was standing there but made did not respond to the push, don't you think that's just a little too odd?

OH NOES! IT'S A CONSPIRACY WITH THE CAMPUS COPS! OMGZ!
2006-03-24, 3:13 PM #90
Originally posted by fishstickz:
I was pretty sure Miranda rights was a federal statute.

Well, I know Alabama passed a law where they don't have to read it to you.
D E A T H
2006-03-24, 8:06 PM #91
You are only read your miranda rights when you're being arrested/charged.

Otherwise, you can be jailed for upto 48 hours without a good reason.
2006-03-25, 6:41 AM #92
Originally posted by Rob:
You are only read your miranda rights when you're being arrested/charged.

Wow, I love how people listen to me... :rolleyes:
No sig.

↑ Up to the top!