Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How do you cope with tragedies?
How do you cope with tragedies?
2006-03-29, 7:33 PM #41
Just buy a gun and shoot small woodland creatures. That seems to help some people.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-03-29, 7:33 PM #42
I tend to read a lot. escapeism like crazy
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-03-29, 7:45 PM #43
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]No one who's condemning you has even posted in that thread.

And YOU need to realize it's a public forum. I don't think it's funny, and neither does anyone else on here who has posted that you're stupid for posting what you have.

But I shouldn't be surprised with you. You still have a lot of growing up to do and it shows. Maybe I should come laugh at you when a friend commits suicide. After all, it's funny isn't it?[/QUOTE]

You totally missed the point of the joke, perhaps so you can keep attacking me. It would be totally inappropriate if it was made in a thread about some one who committed suicide but this wasn't. Also, you're really shouldn't make comment about other people having a lot of growing up to do.

Also to get sort of back on topic: I could see someone committing suicide, just because they are tired of living. I don't under stand some people's intense desire to keep living no matter what. I'd much rather get the death penalty than spend twenty years in prison. Perhaps it's some biological preservation mechanism that is stronger in some people than others.
2006-03-29, 7:49 PM #44
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
You totally missed the point of the joke, perhaps so you can keep attacking me. It would be totally inappropriate if it was made in a thread about some one who committed suicide but this wasn't. Also, you're really shouldn't make comment about other people having a lot of growing up to do.

Oh **** off. I did it because I've had a friend I knew since I was about 5 who committed suicide because he had a horrible life. Jesus christ you insensitive little prick, do you really think I'd make these posts without a reason? It's not to "continue an argument with you". It's because I've been close to people who HAVE dealt with their problems through suicide, and have been affected by it.

The world does not center around you. Realize this.
D E A T H
2006-03-29, 7:51 PM #45
Ok ok ok ok. Break it up. Break it up.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-03-29, 7:55 PM #46
I know what you're saying, but if you're going to be 100% sensitave to every single possible situation than anyone could possible be going through it would be difficult to say anything at all. Just let it go. I'm having a bit of a hard time identifying with you because I can't really get my feelings hurt at all. Maybe if some who I really respected said something bad about be maybe... I don't know. I just don't feel much emotion anymore.
2006-03-29, 7:59 PM #47
Yoshi gets ticked off a lot because of things that have happened to him and he brings it here. That's one of the pitfalls of dealing with him. Just ignore it Obi.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-29, 7:59 PM #48
I know what you're saying, but if you're going to be 100% sensitave to every single possible situation than anyone could possible be going through it would be difficult to say anything at all. Just let it go. I'm having a bit of a hard time identifying with you because I can't really get my feelings hurt at all. Maybe if some who I really respected said something bad about be maybe... I don't know. I just don't feel much emotion anymore.

Then why do you keep trying to relate to me if you yourself said you can't? Just stop ****ing talking to me if you can't, because it's obvious everything you say just makes the situation worse. Especially when you say it's just to continue some argument with you. This is not a hardware thread, nor a game thread, this is a thread about REAL LIFE. There's another concept I know will be hard for you to grasp.

And I don't get ticked off on these boards often. When I do, you know it. That last outburst is a pretty damn good example of it.

Seriously, you're all so ****ing self-absorbed you think you have me down to a t and that you know everything that's going through my head all the time. Stop it. I'm not some machine you can tell what to do and what not to do, nor can you read my comments off a computer screen and expect to get what I'm "feeling". Most of the time, when you think I'm angry, I'm laughing at your stupidity and going off to have fun with my friends. Or I may even be at my friend's house. You guys think I take this **** way more seriously than I do (most of the time).
D E A T H
2006-03-29, 8:02 PM #49
It wouldn't be difficult to choose your words more carefully, since you're apparently not that good at conveying what you want to convey when you post.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-29, 8:03 PM #50
I say what I think, how I think it. You guys perceive it how you want, now how I convey it. No matter how I say anything, people perceive the same exact things--what they want. It's true of everyone on the internet, including me at times.
D E A T H
2006-03-29, 8:08 PM #51
Some one it ticked. At me. I'm just going to leave, because I don't think I can do any good here. If I were better at social situations I would have realized that a long time ago.
2006-03-30, 8:06 AM #52
Some one it ticked. At me. I'm just going to leave, because I don't think I can do any good here. If I were better at social situations I would have realized that a long time ago.

AWESOME!
>>untie shoes
2006-03-30, 8:08 AM #53
neat.

Joking or not, you shouldn't continue on (Heck, maybe even apologize) if someone is offended by what you say.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-03-30, 8:23 AM #54
odd this topic should be brought up.

just put my gramma in the ground yesterday.

i've noticed that just lately i've been kinda mean, pokin fun at people, almost lke i'm trying to hurt their feelings. its odd cause i'm not usually like that

plus my temper has been real short.

so i guess you could say i dont cope, i react.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-03-30, 8:29 AM #55
If someone good passes away, why not celebrate, instead, the good that person brought to the world?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-03-30, 8:38 AM #56
Originally posted by Bill:
AWESOME!

This thread, not the forums. :p
2006-03-30, 8:40 AM #57
Originally posted by Echoman:
If someone good passes away, why not celebrate, instead, the good that person brought to the world?

I guess this is always the best approach but I imagine it is easier said than done. I'm lucky enough not to have really had any "real" tragedy in my life. *shrug* I'm sure it'll come my way soon enough...
/fluffle
2006-03-30, 10:24 AM #58
I cry.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-03-30, 11:14 AM #59
I suppose it depends on what I'm feeling. Prayer and spending times with friends and family I love are always good for me. Sometimes crying if I need to let something out that way. In my experience, I've found that holding pain in is not healthy. I've got to "process my emotions" (yea, that's "catch-phrase" but I've found it to be true) in some form or another or they will leak out in other ways that are not the best.

I did all of those when my grandma died a few years back.
"Good Asian dubs are like Steven Segal and plot; they just dont appear in the same movie." -Spork
2006-03-30, 11:29 AM #60
I'm sad for about 5 minutes until I realize it's not really that tragic.
2006-03-30, 3:14 PM #61
This thread, not the forums. :p

f***!0
>>untie shoes
2006-03-30, 3:54 PM #62
honestly there hasn't really been any major tragedies in my family since I was about 10 when my grandad on my dad's side died (my grandmother on my dad's side died before I was born). I don't believe I was at an age to fully comprehend what was going on at the time nor can I actually remember how I was around the time (which just happened to be December 23rd...) All I do remember was that my dad wasn't all that talkive (understatement) that christmas, can't blame him.

As to how I think I may react, well thats a different matter, I'm not one to ever get overly emotional, its not that I burry it deep inside and go crazy/mental at some point releasing it all, but instead I just get on with it.

Personally speaking I'm not one to grieve, the memories I have of my grandad are all happy ones and although a wave of sadness does come over me when I remember him, there is this one photo I have stuck in my head with him it, him standing there with a smile from one check to the next and thats exactly how I now try to picture him whenever memories of him surface.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots

↑ Up to the top!