Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I am now taking ambien.
I am now taking ambien.
2006-04-02, 9:37 PM #1
Ambien

There's some good news.
>>untie shoes
2006-04-02, 10:00 PM #2
What is it?
2006-04-02, 10:02 PM #3
ambien makes you sleepwalk and do crazy ****.
2006-04-02, 10:03 PM #4
Oooh is that the stuff I've been hearing about that makes you eat weird stuff while you're asleep?
Stuff
2006-04-02, 10:05 PM #5
Wow, you mean I too can have the sensation of passing out have having the screamin' ****s in bed?!
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-02, 10:11 PM #6
Maybe you should try a little Neuro-Linguistic Programming.

I mean, would you rather help your brain do what you actually want it to do, or would you rather pump yourself full of potentially dangerous drugs?
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-04-02, 10:20 PM #7
Maybe you should try understanding his situation before pulling the drugs-are-bad card.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-04-02, 10:26 PM #8
[http://images.art.com/images/products/regular/11755000/11755341.jpg]
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-04-02, 11:28 PM #9
It seems like all those side effects would preclude you from sleeping anyway.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-04-03, 12:58 AM #10
That's why they're called infrequent side affects.
2006-04-03, 4:49 AM #11
"Falling"

*pops a pill*

*falls down hole*
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-04-03, 4:52 AM #12
Er, yeah. What's Ambien for again?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-04-03, 4:54 AM #13
Marketing forum spy!

BURN IT, BUUUUUUUUUUURN IT
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-04-03, 5:11 AM #14
Heh, I know some people that it does some weird things to.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-04-03, 5:14 AM #15
Well thats a nice long list of side-effects.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-03, 6:47 AM #16
I know of this happening to someone once. Won't go into detail, but they sleepwalked into my room, telling me there was a monster (the light from a smoke detector) in their bedroom. They started crying and everything. Pretty weird experience seeing a sleepwalker like that.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-04-03, 6:54 AM #17
Originally posted by Emon:
Maybe you should try understanding his situation before pulling the drugs-are-bad card.

Sleep medicine of any sort is bad any which way you look at it. It's usually a temporary solution to a permanent problem, and in the long run doesn't help, not to mention the sleep isn't as fulfilling as just a full night's sleep.
D E A T H
2006-04-03, 7:06 AM #18
Everytime I see that thread's name, I instantly change it to 'Ambient'

I think I'm gonna take some ambient now.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-03, 11:18 AM #19
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Sleep medicine of any sort is bad any which way you look at it. It's usually a temporary solution to a permanent problem, and in the long run doesn't help, not to mention the sleep isn't as fulfilling as just a full night's sleep.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps, but for some people, there may be no other options. Ambien inparticular is not meant for long-term usage.

Like I said, without knowing his situtation, it's difficult to say. Bill has probably weighted the consequences and decided that the risk is worth it, and that's his choice.
2006-04-03, 1:21 PM #20
[actually, I don't want you to know this.]
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-04-03, 1:24 PM #21
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Sleep medicine of any sort is bad any which way you look at it. It's usually a temporary solution to a permanent problem, and in the long run doesn't help, not to mention the sleep isn't as fulfilling as just a full night's sleep.[/QUOTE]

'show Hendrix died.
2006-04-03, 1:55 PM #22
I was on Ambien for a bit. I stopped taking it because it didn't work for me. All it really did was added to the depression I had at the time. It was just...bad. So I decided to let my insomnia cure itself...

...it's still curing itself, btw.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-04-03, 1:59 PM #23
Cure for sleeplessness:(not insiomnia, not being able to sleep does not mean you have insomnia, like everyone likes to say)

3 mile run
15 pullups
200 bodyweight squats
200 pushups
400 crunches
Attempts at handstand pushups.

Win.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-04-03, 2:01 PM #24
Originally posted by Spook:
Cure for sleeplessness:(not insiomnia, not being able to sleep does not mean you have insomnia, like everyone likes to say)

3 mile run
15 pullups
200 bodyweight squats
200 pushups
400 crunches

Win.

Actually, not being able to sleep IS insomnia. Hell, getting anything less than like 6 hours of sleep a day is considered insomnia, or even just having trouble falling to sleep. I went to a clinic on a Psychology field trip. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get diagnosed with insomnia.
D E A T H
2006-04-03, 2:03 PM #25

3 mile run
15 pullups
200 bodyweight squats
200 pushups
400 crunches

Win.

Even after something like that that, sometimes I still wouldn't be able to sleep.

You can officially shut up.

It has near nothing to do with how physically tired you feel. Sometimes sleep just won't come.
2006-04-03, 2:05 PM #26
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Actually, not being able to sleep IS insomnia. Hell, getting anything less than like 6 hours of sleep a day is considered insomnia, or even just having trouble falling to sleep. I went to a clinic on a Psychology field trip. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get diagnosed with insomnia.[/QUOTE]

:(

That's what I get for reading my parents college text books. I guess it's kind of like ADD now, they're throwing **** at people. Not to say nobody has insomnia, but I think a lot of it is poor diet, and lack of activity.

Of course, maybe they changed the whole definition, I thought insomnia was some clinical disorder where you went for days without sleep, and that there was some other name for not sleeping well or enough.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to read up again.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-04-03, 2:46 PM #27
I heard that heating up some milk and drinking it can help make ya sleepy. Something about heating milk releases a chemical in the milk that causes drowsiness. Also, eating lots of turkey can make ya sleepy. Why do you think everyone get so damn sleepy after thanksgiving dinner?
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-04-03, 3:00 PM #28
:(

That's what I get for reading my parents college text books. I guess it's kind of like ADD now, they're throwing **** at people. Not to say nobody has insomnia, but I think a lot of it is poor diet, and lack of activity.

Of course, maybe they changed the whole definition, I thought insomnia was some clinical disorder where you went for days without sleep, and that there was some other name for not sleeping well or enough.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to read up again.

It's kind of been redefined.

Originally posted by SavageX378:
I heard that heating up some milk and drinking it can help make ya sleepy. Something about heating milk releases a chemical in the milk that causes drowsiness. Also, eating lots of turkey can make ya sleepy. Why do you think everyone get so damn sleepy after thanksgiving dinner?

I think it's just the sensation of the heated milk that causes drowsiness. Don't hold me to that though.
D E A T H
2006-04-03, 3:04 PM #29
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]

I think it's just the sensation of the heated milk that causes drowsiness. Don't hold me to that though.[/QUOTE]
I think he was kidding.
2006-04-03, 3:19 PM #30
just get completely wasted
2006-04-03, 3:23 PM #31
Originally posted by matrixhacker:
I think he was kidding.

No, he was definitely serious. They even said it at the sleep clinic I went to. Heated milk DOES make you drowsy.
D E A T H
2006-04-03, 3:26 PM #32
concussion, that sometimes helps you sleep
2006-04-03, 5:17 PM #33
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]concussion, that sometimes helps you sleep[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you don't mind if having the possiblilty of being eternal.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-04-03, 6:34 PM #34
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]just get completely wasted[/QUOTE]

This is actually the only time I can get a restful sleep. >.>
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-04-03, 6:38 PM #35
If you're at all susceptible to it, self hypnosis works well for fighting insomnia (in addition to quitting smoking, pain management, etc.)

One of my philosophy professors is also a hypnotist and usually does a group hypnosis during the last week of class. None of that "act like a chicken" crap, he gets them to feel relaxed, asks them to recall a pleasant memory and the emotion they had during that time, and says it will continue after they wake up. Another thing you can do to yourself if you learn the skill and are susceptible.

There are lots of books on self hypnosis if that method interests you. No side effects. :)
2006-04-03, 6:46 PM #36
booze is the ultimate cure for insomnia.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2011-01-20, 7:08 AM #37
I have been taking ambien for years now, and I love it. I suffered from insomnia since I was a child and so far this has been the only medication that can put me to sleep. I would recommend it for anyone that needs to use a sleep aid, especially for a short term remedy it is perfect.
2011-01-20, 7:11 AM #38
um
Attachment: 24619/necrothread.jpg (21,175 bytes)
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2011-01-20, 7:13 AM #39
Everytime I see that thread's name, I instantly change it to 'Ambient'

I think I'm gonna take some ambient now.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-01-20, 7:17 AM #40
5 years? Wow that's pretty good time travelling there.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW

↑ Up to the top!