Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → School Shooting averted
School Shooting averted
2006-04-05, 12:08 PM #1
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=4056951

I'm currently a senior at Winslow Township High School. Ever since Friday of last week rumors have been spreading about this. I'm thankful it was averted.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
2006-04-05, 12:12 PM #2
Somehow I can just imagine them trying to start a foodfight and failing miserably.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-05, 12:21 PM #3
Emo bastards.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-04-05, 12:32 PM #4
you clearly didnt read the interview :p

they're goths :D
2006-04-05, 12:47 PM #5
Retarded fools. Why do some many teenagers take EVERYTHING so seriously like it's life or death? The majority of people my age make a big deal about ****. Goes to show how undeveloped our minds are. :rolleyes:

I'm glad it didn't follow through.
2006-04-05, 1:02 PM #6
Quote:
The teens are part of the so-called "Goth culture" and which dabbles in satanic worship and witchcraft.

Ahahaha! I haven't laughed so hard in a while.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-04-05, 1:02 PM #7
I am so glad to hear nothing big ended up happening.

Quote:
The suspects are all freshman, ages 14, 15 and 16.

yes some bright young men here :p
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-04-05, 1:04 PM #8
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]you clearly didnt read the interview :p

they're goths :D[/QUOTE]

I read it. They're all the same anyway... :rolleyes:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-04-05, 1:04 PM #9
*shivers* Ahhh the beauty our world is becoming.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-05, 1:30 PM #10
That story is total bs. How could they've planned something like this without playing GTA or Counter Strike?
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-04-05, 1:36 PM #11
I know that all my shooting experiances come from GTA and Doom!
2006-04-05, 1:38 PM #12
[QUOTE=Numenor King]yes some bright young men here :p[/QUOTE]

Being 16 and a freshman is just bad.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-05, 1:40 PM #13
Originally posted by Avenger:
Being 16 and a freshman is just bad.

My best friend was 16 as a freshman because his parents held him out of first grade for an extra year. He is a very smart and good guy.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-05, 1:43 PM #14
I'm glad they were caught. Hopefully they'll spend quite awhile in jail.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-04-05, 1:48 PM #15
I like the fact the guy they tried to buy guns from ran off with their money.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-04-05, 1:55 PM #16
I want to know... WHY they wanted to do this? Everytime I hear of something like this, I can't help but wonder, why oh why would any kid in their right mind do this?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-04-05, 1:56 PM #17
Quote:
why would any kid in their right mind do this?

Perhaps they weren't in their right minds.
2006-04-05, 2:19 PM #18
Originally posted by Freelancer:
My best friend was 16 as a freshman because his parents held him out of first grade for an extra year. He is a very smart and good guy.

No, he's not. He's a complete ****ing idiot. Jesus.
D E A T H
2006-04-05, 5:18 PM #19
Quote:
Now the boys are facing a detention hearing in Camden and face terrorism-related charges. Investigators say the investigation continues with the possibility of more arrests to come.

I like how they got "terrorism-related" charges. I guess you can consider them as terrorists as terrorist is a broad enough term.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-05, 5:23 PM #20
they were goths so what?

They may have intended to kill people...

but at least they're not chavs!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-04-05, 6:08 PM #21
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
I want to know... WHY they wanted to do this? Everytime I hear of something like this, I can't help but wonder, why oh why would any kid in their right mind do this?

"The boys apparently got into a conflict with some other students, and that's when the plot was hatched."

That's why.

Though honestly I can't help, but want to kill some of the people here on my campus myself. The ones who try to be obnoxiously loud for no reason and cause mischief. Additionally, the ones who rev their car engine's ridiculous loud and then speed off at 60 MPH or so on the school's parking lot. Furthermore, all the damn drunks who disrupted my sleep back when I was living in this resident hall. Also....umm okay I'll stop.
2006-04-05, 6:26 PM #22
CLOUD'S A TERRIST! OMG!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-04-05, 6:27 PM #23
Originally posted by Echoman:
I like how they got "terrorism-related" charges. I guess you can consider them as terrorists as terrorist is a broad enough term.

The purpose of a terrorist is to cause terror. You could argue that's exactly what they wanted to do.
2006-04-05, 6:52 PM #24
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]you clearly didnt read the interview :p

they're goths :D[/QUOTE]

they are all under the same category: idiot losers
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-04-05, 7:05 PM #25
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]No, he's not. He's a complete ****ing idiot. Jesus.[/QUOTE]
Way to jump to conclusions, chief.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-04-05, 7:46 PM #26
Heh, maybe they want to get shot by the SWAT team, oh well.

At the other high school in my town, some kid wrote a bomb threat in the bathroom, now they can't carry backpacks.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-04-05, 8:09 PM #27
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]No, he's not. He's a complete ****ing idiot. Jesus.[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm or not, that wasn't cool. Way to try and pick a fight with Freelancer for no damn good reason. We understand you don't like him, no need to be a jerk about it.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-04-05, 8:13 PM #28
I dont think he was trying to pick a fight. Drop it and move on
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-04-05, 8:22 PM #29
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Way to try and pick a fight with Freelancer for no damn good reason.[/QUOTE]

The only reason it didn't work is because I casted a powerful reflection spell. But it took all my magicka just to cast it. ;)
2006-04-05, 8:25 PM #30
Originally posted by Freelancer:
The only reason it didn't work is because I casted a powerful reflection spell. But it took all my magicka just to cast it. ;)

In your weakened state you will surely lose the triple threat.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-04-06, 1:50 PM #31
Two kids came to my middle school once and they had fake guns. Can you guess what happened? We all got stuck in locker rooms and under desks and such. And the teachers and the security guards wouldn't tell us what was happening so thirty students out of (forty-five) were just playing around.
2006-04-06, 1:58 PM #32
I can see it already.

Teacher : Children, I have something to tell you. In a minute, I'm gonna scream like a girl.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-06, 6:22 PM #33
In Junior high I had the most awesome english teacher (he was a star wars and sci-fi freak) and when he would leave I could pretty much do what I wanted. One time when he was gone I found a little book on his desk. Being the curious little person I was I started to read it. It turned out to be a code book of announcements that would signify things such as bomb threats, hostage situations and what not, so that if it was ever said over the intercom in code, the teachers would know what it was, but not the students.

I pretty much memorized them all so that if I ever heard “The PE teacher is not in the building” I would know it meant a person with a gun. :p
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-04-06, 7:53 PM #34
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
In Junior high I had the most awesome english teacher (he was a star wars and sci-fi freak) and when he would leave I could pretty much do what I wanted. One time when he was gone I found a little book on his desk. Being the curious little person I was I started to read it. It turned out to be a code book of announcements that would signify things such as bomb threats, hostage situations and what not, so that if it was ever said over the intercom in code, the teachers would know what it was, but not the students.

I pretty much memorized them all so that if I ever heard “The PE teacher is not in the building” I would know it meant a person with a gun. :p

Which Junior High did you go to? That was the same one my school had...

Bennion?
2006-04-06, 8:22 PM #35
Nah, American Fork. They probably have changed it since I was there though.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-04-06, 8:30 PM #36
Dang goths and their rap music, trying to ruin our chilluns
2006-04-06, 8:40 PM #37
Once my middle school got an unidentified box with electronics in it, so they made everyone stand out on the field while they brought in police bomb squads and such. Turns out there was just a calculator in the box.

We joked about that forever. (Plus we got to miss two classes!)
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-04-06, 9:43 PM #38
That's like 10-15 minutes away from me. That would probably bother most people, but it really doesn't phase me at all. Of course, we had quite a few bomb scares when I was in high school too, so I suppose that I have been desensitized to this sort of thing.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-04-07, 6:53 AM #39
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
Nah, American Fork. They probably have changed it since I was there though.

Dohohohohoho, American Fark! :D
2006-04-07, 8:52 AM #40
I was in Quiz Bowl in high school. Shortly after Columbine, we were visiting another school for a tournament. We made the mistake of having a guy in a big, black trenchcoat walk in with a cardboard box of quiz bowl equipment which, among other things, had lots of wires sticking out of the box.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!