Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New Gospel
New Gospel
2006-04-07, 4:37 PM #41
I find this "discovery" to be very suspicious. Not only does it portray Judas in a slightly different light, but it portrays Jesus in a different light as well. To large extent it also portrays Heven and Hell to not be the polor opposites that they are described as in the Bible. I think it's ironic that Mel Gibson portrayed Judas as being posessed. If this truly is the gospil of Judas, then it somewhat reflects the altered-reality that posessed people are alleged to experience.

The translation itself really doesn't reveil any new information (beyond what I stated above). Many of the answers to Judas' questions are suspiciously omitted.

That's my 2 cents on this issue.
"The solution is simple."
2006-04-07, 7:40 PM #42
WOAH, where in the bible are they polar oposites? I agree that the GENERAL idea is, yes, that they are conflicting realms... but it's very apparent that, especially in the old testaments and in the book of revelations, Heaven and Hell both serve a purpose and by that nature, are in-fact good. They are in essance the same plane viewed differently for the different people. This, to me, is particularly relevant in Job. Furthermore, there is a giga-load of conflicting 'images' of Jesus' charcter. It's highly unlikely that all of the portrayals of Jesus were the same man. Either that, or the cronology is WAY off. Jesus acts in so many peculular ways [mostly due to the drugs he takes, vaguely referenced in a few parts of the bible that usually get translated as 'halo's or 'glows/radiance.'] that you can't at ALL be surprised by this image of Jesus.

Well, I guess it IS possibly for one's image of these things to be obscured by the teachings/interpretations of your priest/preacher... which is why organized religion irks the **** out of me. The bible can be read a thousand different ways, and churches try to tell people that there is only one way it should be read. That's annoying.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-07, 7:44 PM #43
Originally posted by CaptBevvil:
I find this "discovery" to be very suspicious. Not only does it portray Judas in a slightly different light, but it portrays Jesus in a different light as well. To large extent it also portrays Heven and Hell to not be the polor opposites that they are described as in the Bible. I think it's ironic that Mel Gibson portrayed Judas as being posessed. If this truly is the gospil of Judas, then it somewhat reflects the altered-reality that posessed people are alleged to experience.

The translation itself really doesn't reveil any new information (beyond what I stated above). Many of the answers to Judas' questions are suspiciously omitted.

Oooookkay....
2006-04-08, 3:57 AM #44
Originally posted by CaptBevvil:

Why don't you look at the original document? Massive chunks of it are missing. This gospel portrays Judas in no different a light than the 4 gospels in the Bible do. Do you know why? Because when I read the 4 gospels I was fully aware that they only told one side of the story. This gospel doesn't really inform us of anything that a sensible person wouldn't have at least entertained the notion of.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-04-09, 9:18 AM #45
If Jesus chose Judas to betray him, then is it really a betrayal? :confused:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!