Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → First Nintendo Revolution ingame screenshot
First Nintendo Revolution ingame screenshot
2006-04-07, 5:32 PM #1
http://www.endangeredgamer.blogspot.com/

It looks pretty cool actually. Graphics seem pretty good, it looks like something that's somewhat better than the X-Box.
2006-04-07, 5:38 PM #2
meh.
2006-04-07, 6:32 PM #3
Originally posted by Shintock:
meh.

Looks good to me. Not like it matters, the Revolution won't be as powerful as the PS3/360 anyway and I think most people have since accepted that fact.
2006-04-07, 6:33 PM #4
looks great to me

speaking as someone who doesnt clean out the rectum of obscenely good graphics with my tounge
2006-04-07, 7:02 PM #5
Yeah, I think it looks good enough. Will be like playing Time Crisis cept on any TV I want. And once they evolve it for MP...

Mmmmmmmmm
2006-04-07, 7:06 PM #6
I agree with Shintock. Not bad. Meh.
2006-04-07, 7:25 PM #7
While the graphics don't compare with the 360 or the PS3, the idea of what you will be able to do with the controller makes it desirable. I'm starting to think about buying the revolution.
2006-04-07, 8:06 PM #8
I can't really give an opinion on the revolution until I play it... I think that's the key to the system, how it feels, and how it responds... that and the quality of the games, and Nintendo has shown time and time again that they make some of the best games in the buisness, graphics are pretty much tertiary to me.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-04-07, 8:11 PM #9
I think it looks really sweet. :)
2006-04-07, 8:24 PM #10
[http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00002/66/97/2637966_l.jpg]

But I agree, games are about game play, not graphics. ANyone who would buy a game only for its graphics is shallow imo
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-04-07, 8:27 PM #11
Someone needs to tell that guy it's not a scan if you take it with a digital camera, especially at an angle like that.

2006-04-07, 8:30 PM #12
The one thing that saddens me about the remote is they made a lightgun that isn't gun shaped :(
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-04-07, 8:32 PM #13
it could be easily modified im sure
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-04-07, 8:39 PM #14
The shooting games kind of remind me of those arcade games where you just shoot the guys on the screen (y'know, the gun is on that cord and you stand there shooting aliens or terrorists, etc...). Those are fun for maybe 2 minutes.

But if you can use the joystick and move around, it should be fun. There's tons of potential for this thing, and graphics arn't going to mean anything. The motion sensory stuff will make a whole new area for games and I'm really excited to see what they come out with.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2006-04-07, 9:20 PM #15
Why do the pictures look like more of concept images than actual ingame screenshots?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-07, 10:07 PM #16
I dunno they look pretty ingame to me.. cool lighting
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-04-08, 12:48 AM #17
Looks good.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-08, 1:01 AM #18
They don't look like ingame shots to me...
2006-04-08, 11:54 AM #19
[url]http://www.dsrevolution.com/article.php?articleid=996 [/url]

How you hold the controller will affect how you hold the gun apparently.
2006-04-08, 11:57 AM #20
Originally posted by Cloud:
[url]http://www.dsrevolution.com/article.php?articleid=996 [/url]

How you hold the controller will affect how you hold the gun apparently.

I just popped like 11 bonners.
2006-04-08, 12:01 PM #21
Am I the only one that feels like this is sort of a gimmick? Donkey-Kong bongos, DDR pads, Eye Toy, Guitar? I'm just saying, it's sort of a bad platform to set your console appart with.

I like that one of the launch titles isn't going to be mario somethingorother. A nice mature game will set them ahead when they release.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-08, 12:05 PM #22
This whole OMG MATURE GAME thing is really irritatingly juvenile.

LIEK OMG, GAMES HAVE TO HAVE DRUGS MONEY SEX *****ES AND BLOOD AND GORE OR I WON'T PLAY IT CAUSE I'M TOTALLY MATURE LOL.

Screw that.
2006-04-08, 12:15 PM #23
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Am I the only one that feels like this is sort of a gimmick? Donkey-Kong bongos, DDR pads, Eye Toy, Guitar? I'm just saying, it's sort of a bad platform to set your console appart with.

I like that one of the launch titles isn't going to be mario somethingorother. A nice mature game will set them ahead when they release.

Eye Toy and Guitar are both Sony only. The DDR pads are mainly Sony. We're talking about nintendo.

And of course you think it's a gimmick--you've never played Guitar Hero, neither have you done anything with the Eye Toy, probably haven't played Donkey Konga, etc etc. And who cares if the game is mature--as long as it's fun. Seriously.
D E A T H
2006-04-08, 12:20 PM #24
No no, I'm not saying that it's a gimmick and that it's BAD because it's a gimmick, I'm saying that it's somewhat gimmicky for being THE revolution's controller. It'd be different if it was an ADDITION to the console, but it's sort of the vehical for the revolution.

Oh, and we all know that Splinter Cell is a different fun than Sly Cooper. The seriousness of a game is definetly a major aspect for me. I play platformers and cartoon games when I'm in that mood. The concept isn't violence, the concept is seriosness and immersion.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-08, 12:25 PM #25
No no, I'm not saying that it's a gimmick and that it's BAD because it's a gimmick, I'm saying that it's somewhat gimmicky for being THE revolution's controller. It'd be different if it was an ADDITION to the console, but it's sort of the vehical for the revolution.

Oh, and we all know that Splinter Cell is a different fun than Sly Cooper. The seriousness of a game is definetly a major aspect for me. I play platformers and cartoon games when I'm in that mood. The concept isn't violence, the concept is seriosness and immersion.

Then you need to grow up.

Also, it's not the only way the Rev controller can be placed. It's not gimmicky either. There's a lot of things you can do with it, true, it's different, true, but that doesn't make it a gimmick.
D E A T H
2006-04-08, 1:29 PM #26
Stop ****ting in the thread. It looks totally rad.
2006-04-08, 1:35 PM #27
Originally posted by tofu:
Stop ****ting in the thread. It looks totally rad.

Stop whining.
D E A T H
2006-04-08, 6:05 PM #28
Stop being such a green dino. Gosh.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-04-08, 6:40 PM #29
I think what JediKirby is trying to say is that there's a difference between playing a game and experiencing one. I think JediKirby prefers the more cinematic type of game experience, which is usually always serious and dramatic.

I think this system will appeal to people who simply want to play games. Nintendo is progressing how people play games, while Microsoft/Sony are allowing the progression of the games themselves. If anyone has noticed, games are becoming more cinematic in almost all aspects, allowing people to be more immersed in the experience. People who want to experience games (similar to movies) will find more enjoyment in the XB360/PS3.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-04-08, 6:54 PM #30
Hm, if you ask me waving a controller around like a gun on screen is a lot more immersive and intuitive than using an analog stick.
2006-04-08, 7:03 PM #31
Originally posted by tofu:
Hm, if you ask me waving a controller around like a gun on screen is a lot more immersive and intuitive than using an analog stick.

To be honest, I think it'd take me OUT of the experience. But that's just me. And it's not like it'd be fun.
D E A T H
2006-04-08, 8:17 PM #32
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]To be honest, I think it'd take me OUT of the experience. But that's just me. And it's not like it'd be fun.[/QUOTE]

Me too. It'd remind me that I'm sitting in front of a TV acting like an idiot, waving a white dildo-shaped object around.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-08, 8:22 PM #33
Well, your not supposed to act like an idiot when your doing it.. I can't help you out with that dildo obsession you have though.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-04-08, 8:32 PM #34
It'd remind me that I'm sitting in front of a TV acting like an idiot, waving a white dildo-shaped object around.

So many ways to interpret that. Would you happen to be a homosexual, Kirby? Note the sarcasm, I do not mean to offend homosexuals in any way and I'm not generalizing that all homosexuals are like this.

With that...kirby, will you marry me?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-08, 8:33 PM #35
GLADLY!

Wait... unless Jep will ditch that tramp he's with and marry me. Then I'll have to decline you, Zloc.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-08, 8:37 PM #36
:(

I'll be your illegitimate son, if he does leave that WONDERFUL WOMAN THAT IS JESSGIRL.

Otherwise...who's driving to Vegas? I'm too young and I suppose your wheelchair (Let's call her...Linda) isn't built for 2, is it? Unless...one of us sits on the other...

I CALL SHOTGUN!
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-04-08, 8:41 PM #37
:(
2006-04-08, 9:46 PM #38
I'll reserve my judgement until I actually have a chance to use one, but that controller+analog stick thingy combo looks pretty sexy.
2006-04-08, 9:52 PM #39
I like the fact you can move the control and effect the player

I know for sure when im into a game I can be found tring to move my hands in a particular direction.. now I can do it and not look dumb.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-04-09, 10:15 AM #40
Just for whoever thinks its concept art / renders / whatever,

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/OMFG.jpg
一个大西瓜

↑ Up to the top!