Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I'm about to throw my ****ing iMac over my balcony
I'm about to throw my ****ing iMac over my balcony
2006-04-07, 5:44 PM #1
Mac's are just as unstable as PC's. Abuse either one and they'll kick you in the junk with error messages.

To anyone thinking of getting a Mac for audio work: Don't. Most programs are available for both platforms and they're easier to find in store for PC. >.>

And PC's are cheaper.
2006-04-07, 5:46 PM #2
Yeah, I think people don't realize that Macs crash too. I've had my iBook completely shut off on me multiple times. Sucks.
D E A T H
2006-04-07, 5:49 PM #3
And now that you can dual-boot WinXP on a Mac (new gen with Intel), you can actually put your expensive paperweight of hardware to use and put XP on that trend-whore Mac of yours.

Hazzah!
2006-04-07, 5:50 PM #4
Someone's drunk. :D
D E A T H
2006-04-07, 5:50 PM #5
Crash Different
You asked for it!
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-04-07, 5:55 PM #6
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Someone's drunk. :D[/QUOTE]

rock on, motha****a \m/

[QUOTE=Double Helix]Crash Different
You asked for it![/QUOTE]

old news, but that is sooooo what I feel like doing right now
2006-04-07, 6:15 PM #7
I have an iBook too. I didn't really had any problems. Basically use it for typing.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-07, 6:16 PM #8
I LIKE RIGHT CLICK

AND HENTAI GAMES

WINDOWS 4 EVA
2006-04-07, 6:17 PM #9
<3 spe
2006-04-07, 6:24 PM #10
on another note

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

****NOK HAS A BALCONY

you posh french ******* :p
2006-04-07, 6:24 PM #11
Originally posted by Shintock:
Most programs are available for both platforms and they're easier to find in store for PC. >.>

Digital Performer? :p

Yes, you are drunk.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-04-07, 7:54 PM #12
spe makes me cry with his balcony bashing. :(

and i have sort of a love-hate relationship with DP. as in i used to love now, but now i hate it. lol
2006-04-07, 7:55 PM #13

Man! I was just about to post that! I love that parody!
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-04-07, 7:57 PM #14
that's not a parody, that's what it's really like using a mac.
2006-04-07, 8:00 PM #15
>.>

[quote=Mac Fan]Shintock you are probably just not USING your Mac right[/quote]
2006-04-07, 8:00 PM #16
MACS ARE GOOD AND WONDERFUL AND THE O.C. TOLD ME SO!
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-07, 8:01 PM #17
lol

it probably has to do with the microsoft trackball i'm using. IT IS TEH EVIL, I TELLS YA
2006-04-07, 8:09 PM #18
It's all about the individual. People like their Macs, people like their Windows, deal with it. Seirously Shintock, don't adopt the frequently overused internet logic that because it broke for you, that it must suck.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-04-07, 8:14 PM #19
i'm exagerating more than anything. i'm drunk and i hate my computer tonight.

but i love osx compared to xp, just the ****in thing is being a real ***** with me today.
2006-04-07, 8:17 PM #20
Give it to me.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-04-07, 8:26 PM #21
REQUEST DENIED.
2006-04-07, 8:29 PM #22
Shame that they ruined perfectly good BSD code with their unstable code. :p

I never really had stability problems with MacOSX, but I do have problems with the stupid interface, poor filesystem hierarchy, and inadequate man pages. Well, at least it seemed that way the last time I used it.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-04-07, 8:44 PM #23
I do x-large format graphic design (4feetx4feet and above) on a mac and I have to restart every second ****ing job in illustrator. Then you get the little spiney rainbow pizza of doom that just stays on your screen while the god damn file tries to load, until then you get a nice little box saying "File type unknown". Thats when you realize its trying to open the damn file in quark xpress instead of illustrator for nooooooo stinking reason. Then of course, when you've finally figured it out, boom. Computer shuts down. Guess it was sleepy.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-07, 9:06 PM #24
Yeah, the software at my work has to run on mac osx, too (for the stupid xservers - we also support linux & solaris). It's got the worst command-line administration tools ever, 1 out of 4 builds on osx fails because rm -rf /some/folder dies (and you then can't delete it, you have to rename it, reboot, and then you can delete it), and the box randomly stops accepting ssh connections till it's rebooted.

So much for the power of unix... blah.
2006-04-07, 9:08 PM #25
Originally posted by Shintock:
REQUEST DENIED.

Tu me fais plurer. :(
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-04-08, 7:29 AM #26

That was great! I just sent it to my Mac-lovin' friends.

*stands under 'Tock's balcony waiting to catch a flying apple*
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-04-08, 8:39 AM #27
Ive never had any of the G5s in my school crash on me.

But thats just cause im awesome.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-04-08, 11:15 AM #28
Mine's not hung on me yet, but plenty of apps have gone **** up on me. BEACHBALL OF DOOM.
2006-04-08, 3:48 PM #29
that rainbow pizza-beachball makes me want to kill people :mad:
2006-04-08, 4:19 PM #30
Mine is treating me quite well. I lurve it.
2006-04-08, 4:40 PM #31
I don't use Macs that often, but I never found them to be unstable. Then again, I don't find Windows to be very unstable either.

Sounds like some of you folks are just having trouble with the pre-keyboard interface.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-04-08, 5:08 PM #32
I've had problems with Mac desktops locking up on me when I trying to log in, or load Java in Safari.

I used Macs for a semester for A/V, and...wasn't that impressed. I didn't think it was bad. It just wasn't worth the price Apple asks for their computers.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-04-08, 5:14 PM #33
Originally posted by Emon:
I don't use Macs that often, but I never found them to be unstable. Then again, I don't find Windows to be very unstable either.

Sounds like some of you folks are just having trouble with the pre-keyboard interface.

I know what I'm doing. Pro Tools always crashes whenever I have Adium open, that's all. It's a real piss off, because I can't work on my stuff and chat at the same time without hitting Apple-S every few seconds.
2006-04-08, 5:29 PM #34

I've noticed something. People who barely use macs say they're rock solid and work very very well. People who use macs day-in and day-out have lots of problems with random crashes of programs (MUCH worse than Windows in this respect--I've had Illustrator, Photoshop, and even iChat, the Apple-made chatting program crash on me too many times to count) and just plain instability.
D E A T H
2006-04-08, 5:43 PM #35
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I've noticed something. People who barely use macs say they're rock solid and work very very well.[/QUOTE]
Just like the people that barely use Linux and say it's way more secure than Windows. :em321:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-04-08, 5:53 PM #36
Just like the people that barely use Linux and say it's way more secure than Windows. :em321:

Well, it CAN be. But by default it's only more secure because there's less hackers and more spyware, which is what Windows succumbs to.

But we really shouldn't be getting off on this tangent :p
D E A T H
2006-04-08, 7:16 PM #37
This is why I use my Amiga 2000 whenever possible. Too bad it's dying (see thread in Tech forum)

Workbench never once crashed on me. Never. EVER. And I could play rudimentary games with my 64mb of ram and 500mb disk space. But that's okay! 15 hours of play on three floppies?! SIGN ME UP. <3 Disk-swapping. It's not so inconvenient.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-04-08, 7:36 PM #38

That movie is so freaking hilarious. :D
DO NOT WANT.
2006-04-08, 7:57 PM #39
I remember on the first day of my current graphic design class, I hopped on one of the Macs and attempt to launch a program. Guess what happens? The program crashed. Macs are stable my ***, lol.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-04-08, 8:27 PM #40
Originally posted by SavageX378:
I remember on the first day of my current graphic design class, I hopped on one of the Macs and attempt to launch a program. Guess what happens? The program crashed. Macs are stable my ***, lol.

Macs are fairly stable--most of the time. But some programs are unstable. Actually, a lot of programs, depending on what you're doing. You were probably using antiquated macs.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!