Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Finaly... a new Star Wars game to speculate about...
Finaly... a new Star Wars game to speculate about...
2006-04-18, 6:54 PM #1
And about time too...
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-04-18, 6:58 PM #2
probably won't be that great though
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-04-18, 7:00 PM #3
It'll be produced for consoles, for new fans, for flashy effects, for shame. The storyline will be my only incentive to play. Of course, I'm only speculating. For those of you who don't DARE speculate before a game is released: There's nothing else TO do.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-18, 7:00 PM #4
Hmmm I dunno... I think it might be like Rebel Assualt II or something... that would actually be nice...

EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ME IN YOUR SIG KIRB.
2006-04-18, 7:11 PM #5
?

(language waaarning)
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-04-18, 7:16 PM #6
It has the potentially to really good.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-18, 7:20 PM #7
Originally posted by JediKirby:
It'll be produced for consoles, for new fans, for flashy effects, for shame. The storyline will be my only incentive to play. Of course, I'm only speculating. For those of you who don't DARE speculate before a game is released: There's nothing else TO do.

You could wait. And not have to eat your words later.
D E A T H
2006-04-18, 7:23 PM #8
hooooo haaaaa

hoooooo haaaa
2006-04-18, 7:26 PM #9
where my sexy ladies at?
2006-04-18, 7:37 PM #10
A Darth Vader game... huh.
Could be good...
I've always wanted to play the villain in a game that made it the storyline.

-It seems that every time I play a game with a forking moral path, I turn evil. :(
2006-04-18, 8:15 PM #11
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say....

Darth Vader comes out of the closet in the closing scene.

oh, and the game will sux.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-04-18, 8:16 PM #12
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Ruthy came out of the closet to me last night. It was a very tearful, emotional AOL IM CONVO :'(...

There were lots of these: :'(
2006-04-18, 8:20 PM #13
i hope a fat lady sits on your face and you die :p
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-04-18, 8:22 PM #14
If it's not this game, LEC HAS to make a game for Revolution where you can use the controller like the lightsaber. Figure in MP...

Mmmmm
2006-04-18, 8:35 PM #15
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
If it's not this game, LEC HAS to make a game for Revolution where you can use the controller like the lightsaber. Figure in MP...

Mmmmm

DUDE! WE MUST DO THIS!
2006-04-18, 8:56 PM #16
I'll just say it sucks now, even though its not even officially announced to be in development.

Of course, if it rocks, then I am fine with being wrong :) Like, if it is JK, that'd be great. Chances of that? HAHAH slim to none.
2006-04-18, 10:17 PM #17
There should be one. There should be an EXCELLENT one.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-19, 6:12 AM #18
The idea has potential... we can only wait and see. I remember anticipating the RotS game for several months, only to find out short before its release that it was not being developed for PC. Same thing back when Bounty Hunter came out. I was so disappointed they didn't make that for PC. I hate consoles. :(
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-04-19, 6:41 AM #19

Mmmmm

I saw an arcade game like that once. Never got a chance to play it, though :( From the demo it was Vader and Luke dueling in the second Death Star, with you playing from Luke's perspective, but I don't know if there was anything else to the game. It looked like you had to move the stick to block Vader's attacks.
2006-04-19, 6:55 AM #20
Yeah, I think you're talking about the Star Wars Arcade game they usually have at lots of movie theaters here. Kind of like that, but instead of having a joystick almost, if you were actually able to hold the controller like a lightsaber...

We'd all look like the Star Wars Kid in our living room!
2006-04-19, 7:26 AM #21
You were able to do that with Soul Calibur if you had a fishing rod controller and swung it around.
nope.
2006-04-19, 7:30 AM #22
Originally posted by Baconfish:
You were able to do that with Soul Calibur if you had a fishing rod controller and swung it around.

I SO NEED TO TRY THAT!!!!

I have new plans for tonight. :D
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-19, 8:27 AM #23
Originally posted by JediKirby:
For those of you who don't DARE speculate before a game is released: There's nothing else TO do.

Yeah, there is. It's called doing nothing.
2006-04-19, 8:30 AM #24
Or waiting to get a little more information.
Pissed Off?
2006-04-19, 8:51 AM #25
i think it could be good...i always try to keep an open mind about games before they come out, i guess i give them the benefit of the doubt before i actually play them
I <3 Massassi
2006-04-19, 10:01 AM #26
GoldG: What do you mean, "finaly"? It's not like there's been a long wait between this and the last one.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-04-19, 11:43 AM #27
Acharjay: I think he means a Star Wars game to finally look forward to.

Personally, I have no idea how this will turn out, so I'll keep up with it and see how it goes. I don't really have high hopes but will see...
No sig.
2006-04-19, 11:47 AM #28
They should hire AKPiggot ^_^
2006-04-19, 12:49 PM #29
Originally posted by Jepman:
They should hire AKPiggott ^_^

YES

BoaM and ToaM ftw. He definitely outdid JK and MotS.
2006-04-19, 12:55 PM #30
The Vader levels he was doing for JO(A?) looked outstanding too. ;)

Originally posted by LividDK27:
I saw an arcade game like that once. Never got a chance to play it, though :( From the demo it was Vader and Luke dueling in the second Death Star, with you playing from Luke's perspective, but I don't know if there was anything else to the game. It looked like you had to move the stick to block Vader's attacks.

Yeah, I think you're talking about the Star Wars Arcade game they usually have at lots of movie theaters here. Kind of like that, but instead of having a joystick almost, if you were actually able to hold the controller like a lightsaber...

We'd all look like the Star Wars Kid in our living room!

That Vader level was a bonus level of sorts. There was another one with Boba Fett on the Sand Skiff too. The rest of the game was flying in the battles og Yavin, Hoth, and Endor. It was pretty fun
Pissed Off?
2006-04-19, 1:01 PM #31
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
YES

BoaM and ToaM ftw. He definitely outdid JK and MotS.

I would say outdid MotS, but not JK. But given a real team and budget, he certainly could outdo both.

Hey JDKNITE, let's just go make our own game for that SSE year-long game design contest. Seriously. MB can be an artist, you and I can program. We just need at least one more SE major (2 of the 4 coders must be SE), I'm sure you know some. Between the three of us we have plenty of game design experience to put us ahead of the competition. There's also Jon`C and others who are readily available for advice.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-04-19, 1:05 PM #32
Nonsense Emon. All you need is SF_Go *snip*
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-04-19, 1:07 PM #33
ZING!
2006-04-19, 2:45 PM #34
Originally posted by Emon:
Hey JDKNITE, let's just go make our own game for that SSE year-long game design contest. Seriously. MB can be an artist, you and I can program. We just need at least one more SE major (2 of the 4 coders must be SE), I'm sure you know some. Between the three of us we have plenty of game design experience to put us ahead of the competition. There's also Jon`C and others who are readily available for advice.

Interesting. I heard of it; we can talk about it some time.
2006-04-19, 4:31 PM #35
Why the hell won't they set any games in the NJO era? WTF is wrong with them? Are shooting the same boring tie fighters better than coralskippers, ampistaffs, and Zenoma Sekot??
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-04-19, 4:33 PM #36
TIE fighters are awesome.
Die.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-04-19, 4:36 PM #37
Originally posted by Isuwen:
Why the hell won't they set any games in the NJO era? WTF is wrong with them? Are shooting the same boring tie fighters better than coralskippers, ampistaffs, and Zenoma Sekot??

Actually, yeah.
2006-04-19, 4:45 PM #38
Originally posted by Isuwen:
Why the hell won't they set any games in the NJO era? WTF is wrong with them?

What's wrong with you? Were you talking about games in the NJO era? No no you weren't. You can't be. It's just not possible. I must be confused. :p

For the rest, what Sarn said. lol
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-04-19, 5:56 PM #39
It's true. There's no NJO stuff. The closest so far has been, what, a single mention in KotOR?
You mispelled Zonama.

-I'd play an NJO game. Well, not an NJO RTS, but pretty much anything else. Except Kart racing.
2006-04-19, 5:59 PM #40
How often do they make video games based on EU books? Usually the games just make up their own EU and the fans do all the work fitting it into the "timeline" and making it work. Suckers. :p

↑ Up to the top!