Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tough question for a creationist?
Tough question for a creationist?
2006-04-25, 9:01 PM #81
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Imperfect: More genetic disorders and a wider variety of sickness

No. Globalisation has exposed the population to the variety of diseases that exist world-wide, diseases that once existed in isolated regions are now exposed to the world. "More genetic disorders" is from the fact that with such a massive population comes the increased likelyhood that genetic coding will mutate, become damaged, or be defective will be evident in one of the thousands born daily.
Quote:
Lifespan: People died because of wars, plagues and other things... not because of health problems.

Aside from the fact that plagues would be health problems...people today don't have to worry about minor illnesses wiping out an entire town. We don't rely on draining the "bad blood" from a person to cure them of flu symptoms. We don't burn people as punishment for placing a hex on the ill. People are living longer today because health problems have become minor due to medicine. We understand why people get sick. Oh but that's right, the bible says Mosha was hundreds of years old right? That's what you're basing all of this on, isn't it?
Quote:
Unmoral:The crime factor has gone up drasticaly in the last 50 years... people seem to stop caring about the common good anymore... nations don't care what happens as long as they are not involved or endagered, hence president Bush seems to care.

Right. Today, we're so much worse than the days of old, where warring villages would eliminate one another, people would sell each other into slavery, rape and spousal abuse was common, and protected by the law in many cases, and that murder was alright, as long as the victim did something to dishonor you. You're very correct there sir. It's not like an increasing reach of news sources is allowing for us to become increasingly aware of more and more situations and crimes, no siry, that can't be it. I'm glad you're here to educate us Gold, keep it up.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-04-25, 10:20 PM #82
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Imperfect: More genetic disorders and a wider variety of sickness
Lifespan: People died because of wars, plagues and other things... not because of health problems.
Unmoral:The crime factor has gone up drasticaly in the last 50 years... people seem to stop caring about the common good anymore... nations don't care what happens as long as they are not involved or endagered, hence president Bush seems to care.

Durrrrrrrrr
Attachment: 11535/viort.gif (4,231 bytes)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-25, 10:43 PM #83
Originally posted by Freelancer:
[chart]

There's also a chart of the violent crime rates with the release of DOOM on there (which is about the time it started to drop)
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-04-25, 10:57 PM #84
This thread is a perfect example of why SF_GoldG_01 shouldn't be allowed to post anything anywhere ever again for any reason. God, SF_GoldG_01, just drop it. You are not going to convert anybody. Nobody cares what you think, your ability to contribute to a worthwhile debate in this field simply doesn't exist, and all of your posts are rife with logical fallacies, consistency errors and spelling mistakes.

This has nothing to do with us disagreeing with what you believe. You're just such a poor representative of it that you should be drawn and quartered. I'm pretty sure even other Jehovah's Witnesses think you're a waste of carbon, after how well you've portrayed them on this forum. Please never post in threads about religion ever again. Stick to your movies or 3d models or mmorpgs or whatever it is you claim to do.
2006-04-26, 5:48 AM #85
Jon'C,

I too think that Gold posts a lot of nonsense. But you cannot seriously argue that he shouldn't be allowed to post it. All you're doing is personally attacking him, which isn't exactly a valid argument, and if you will, even a 'violation' in a debate. Not to mention that it is unfriendly, disrespectful, intolerant and even elitist the way you put it.

If you were in charge, only the educated would have freedom of speech.

Stop getting so worked up about what Gold says, who cares.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-04-26, 6:01 AM #86
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:

Oh, that would be so nice. Imagine living in a world where idiots aren't allowed to talk. It would be glorious, and you say it as if it were a bad thing.
Stuff
2006-04-26, 6:35 AM #87
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
Jon'C,

I too think that Gold posts a lot of nonsense. But you cannot seriously argue that he shouldn't be allowed to post it. All you're doing is personally attacking him, which isn't exactly a valid argument, and if you will, even a 'violation' in a debate. Not to mention that it is unfriendly, disrespectful, intolerant and even elitist the way you put it.

Stop getting so worked up about what Gold says, who cares.

because freedom of speech does not mean you can go somewhere to deliberatly piss people off without punishment. this forum does not need to obey the first amendment of the united states constitution anyway, as there are people that are outside the U.S. here. So it would nt be fair to give some people the rights to do something, but not allow someone from another country to do something that their nations constitution gives them the right to do. So that is why the website owner is the one that makes the rules.

/me waits to be flamed by DJ-yoshi
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-04-26, 7:10 AM #88
Originally posted by Vornskr:
What would you say if science said that this is impossible, that you can't determine which direction a system will evolve in, even if you have perfect knowledge of all the initial conditions?

I would say that MAN can't determine it, as well that God invented freaking time, so he can determine whatever the hell he wants. :p

2006-04-26, 9:58 AM #89
Originally posted by alpha1:
because freedom of speech does not mean you can go somewhere to deliberatly piss people off without punishment. this forum does not need to obey the first amendment of the united states constitution anyway, as there are people that are outside the U.S. here. So it would nt be fair to give some people the rights to do something, but not allow someone from another country to do something that their nations constitution gives them the right to do. So that is why the website owner is the one that makes the rules.

/me waits to be flamed by DJ-yoshi

The owner is from America, and the servers are in America.
D E A T H
2006-04-26, 10:20 AM #90
... and end thread now? I think so.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

↑ Up to the top!