Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Gmail invitation contest, heh.
The Gmail invitation contest, heh.
2004-06-18, 5:34 PM #1
5 Gmail invitations sitting here. What to do, what to do? Might as well have some fun with them.

I'm posting 5 questions about or somewhat related to myself. Be the first to answer one(and ONLY one) correct and you get an invitation. When answering a question, please post its number with the answer beside it. Any answers posted in the incorrect format(IE not referring to which question you're answering) will be ignored. If you think you know more than one question's answer, please only post the one you're most confident in as not to spoil it for others... These will most likely be easier for the very old-school posters here.

1. What word(if it could be called that) could be considered my trademark since I use it so frequently?

2. This one's more for the AC playing crowd. What's my trademark hat(be very detailed)?

3. What's the handle I've been using for roughly the past 5 years in any game and pretty much everywhere *except* here?

4. Find a JK/MOTS level I made and post a link to it. (Note, there's only one on Massassi that I can think of, and it's god awful.)

5. Who was my partner in crime in discovering the white rabbit's secret?

I will notify you when you answer a question correct if you're the first to answer that question correct. I'll then ask for you to post an email address for me to send the invitation to.

[This message has been edited by Darth (edited June 18, 2004).]
2004-06-18, 5:40 PM #2
3. What's the handle I've been using for roughly the past 5 years in any game and pretty much everywhere *except* here? Algerad

My e-mail if I was right - sajn_master@oscempire.net

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited June 18, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-18, 5:44 PM #3
I ****ing hate you so much. I want GMail so much, and I know nothing about you. You're dangling the cure to cancer in front of my charred lungs, you *******!

[the above is disclaimed by the fact that Insipid loves all members of Massassi]

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-06-18, 5:47 PM #4
Correct. Thanks for editing out the other one too, even though it was wrong.

What's left:

1. What word(if it could be called that) could be considered my trademark since I use it so frequently?

2. This one's more for the AC playing crowd. What's my trademark hat(be very detailed)?

4. Find a JK/MOTS level I made and post a link to it. (Note, there's only one on Massassi that I can think of, and it's god awful.)

2004-06-18, 5:48 PM #5
3. Algerad?

Edit: Dammit! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
------------------
Please send me e-mail...

[This message has been edited by Mystic0 (edited June 18, 2004).]
2004-06-18, 5:51 PM #6
Yeah, all I did was look in your profile to find that answer -=^_^=-

Oh well, I still won [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

I find it funny that G-mail is still considered in beta, and people get invitations like crazy! There has got to be over a few hundred thousand with accounts by now.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-18, 5:52 PM #7
... You sir, SUCK. 4 is the only one I have any chance at, and of course, I can't find a damned thing that bears your name, which means you didn't USE your name, which means I have to look for ANOTHER name. A name, I do not know.

I hate you. I hate you ALOT.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-06-18, 5:56 PM #8
Oh, and one more guideline I should've thought of earlier.

No answers posted in edited messages will be accepted and will be ignored. This is obviously to prevent cheating in case I can't watch the thread like a hawk.

And this obviously doesn't count for the first answer, since I know why that was edited and it was legitimate.

2004-06-18, 6:09 PM #9
Can't describe it...but....

[http://acvault.ign.com/features/specials/taste/images/algerad.jpg]

You and Gonk playing, perhaps? ehhee

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

[This message has been edited by mscbuck (edited June 18, 2004).]

2004-06-18, 6:14 PM #10
Wow, that's old, heh.
2004-06-18, 6:17 PM #11
Oh, and for the word you use frequently, I shall say "pi"

------------------

2004-06-18, 6:23 PM #12
I've spent the last 30 minutes at least searching for a stupid level. Nothing in there bears your name, or your current email. I've double checked at least 6 times now.

I hate you... really I do. I'm going to go sulk and pout now.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2004-06-18, 6:25 PM #13
LOL, let me make sure it's still there.

Incorrect BTW. =)
2004-06-18, 6:25 PM #14

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/776.shtml

Is that it?
Oberfeldwebel says: ..... You are the epitome of idiocy.
2004-06-18, 6:28 PM #15
Correct!

And boy did I never put much time into JK editing, heh.

Give me an address to send the invitation to.

3 left:

2004-06-18, 6:30 PM #16
my email address is ninjaraidden@hotmail.com Wow I cant believe I won!
Oberfeldwebel says: ..... You are the epitome of idiocy.
2004-06-18, 6:45 PM #17
1) heh..

?
2004-06-18, 6:47 PM #18
-.-

I hate you all.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
Last Stand
2004-06-18, 6:51 PM #19
Correct!

These last two are for the 1337est of the 1337:

2004-06-18, 6:51 PM #20
Laguna, I hate you .. I just found that.

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy | 3.14 of 14 | » And-GTx2]
Half-Life 2 Central - your definitive source for everything HL2!
一个大西瓜
2004-06-18, 6:57 PM #21
Wow that pic of Darth and I is ANCIENT. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Also, gmail rocks. I love it. If/when I get invites to send out, I'll be doing something like this, I suppose.

mfanucci@gmail.com, if you're interested.

------------------
I'll admit to Reactor CTF, Duel Abyss, Duel Turbulent, Duel Dustball, and even the CCCP, but not Sky High! (my first, be kind!) Ok so maybe I will.
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/
2004-06-18, 6:57 PM #22
awesome :P thanks
dr4k31AThotmail.com (take that, webspiders)
2004-06-18, 7:02 PM #23
I've gotten 8 invitations on my account so far. Kinda funny since I haven't sent a single message with it yet, heh.
2004-06-18, 7:08 PM #24
Ack, mail delivery failed. Apparently I screwed up your address or something... I think the activation code should still work though so I'll try to get that sent to you.

And no, those other 3 invitations are old ones that I already used.

2004-06-18, 7:08 PM #25
Gonk, I shot a message off to you a few minutes ago.

In the words of Leia, "Help me Gonk, you're my only hope..."

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
Last Stand
2004-06-18, 7:08 PM #26
So can we have three more questions? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif] Unless you've already used them .. GAH I'm always one step behind the right answer grrr

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

一个大西瓜
2004-06-18, 7:16 PM #27
Is it just me or is it strange that people are getting chubbies over an e-mail account?

------------------
The sooner you realize I'm right the better off you will be.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-18, 7:22 PM #28
considering all my email accounts have a storage limit of 15 MB ...

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

一个大西瓜
2004-06-18, 7:23 PM #29
but its an absolutely awesome email account BEFORE ANYONE ELSE (which I think is the main draw).. plus.. 1gig of space (well, 1000mb, so not a TRUE gig... but still.)

Besides, it's all about gauging penis size over the internet.

------------------
I'll admit to Reactor CTF, Duel Abyss, Duel Turbulent, Duel Dustball, and even the CCCP, but not Sky High! (my first, be kind!) Ok so maybe I will.
2004-06-18, 7:25 PM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gonk:
but its an absolutely awesome email account BEFORE ANYONE ELSE....it's all about gauging penis size over the internet.[/i]
</font>

Think about that for a moment

------------------
The sooner you realize I'm right the better off you will be.

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited June 18, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-18, 7:25 PM #31
no, that was my fault, lol
dr4k31nAThotmail.com

forgot the 'n'..

[edit, I'm a loser who needs to learn how to read]

[This message has been edited by Drakein II (edited June 18, 2004).]
2004-06-18, 7:28 PM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Drakein II:
no, that was my fault, lol
dr4k31nAThotmail.com

forgot the 'n'..

and, I'd like to take a stab at # 2 (if I'm right, next person to post gets it or something)

Was it the light blue kabuton?
</font>

Since Kieran's being cynical, I should be the next person xP

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

一个大西瓜
2004-06-18, 7:29 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
Think about that for a moment

</font>

Done. Still <3 gmail.

It's better than the craptastic spam-ridden email I got from my ISP, and the gonk@swgalaxies.net address, in addition to being spammed to hell, is also (sometimes) incapable of SENDING email.. so.. yeah.

Also, if you're so ambivalent as to this whole gmail thing, why the hell are you even bothering posting in the thread? Or do you just enjoy ****ting all over anything that you don't personally find to be useful? I mean, some people have a use for this stuff, and yeah, the whole making people do crazy stuff for an email account thing is kind of ludicrous, but I think you just need to go away. If you don't agree with this in some way, shoo. There's plenty of other threads.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gonk (edited June 18, 2004).]
2004-06-18, 7:30 PM #34
5.) I'm still not sure what you mean by the white rabbit's secret, but was it Jon'C?

E-mail is in my profile, though I doubt you'll need it.

------------------
Our very existence is at stake

Yay! I can finally join the snail-racing crew.

-@%
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2004-06-18, 7:30 PM #35
Ok, sent the registration link and hopefully it'll work(should, the invite email is just an email with that link it in).

It's the best webmail service you're going to get. I personally use my POP3 account instead, but I have this if I ever need it. For a long time I relied on hotmail though, and a lot of people still do. Something like this is much better.

And nooooo, number 2 has been ruined.... Might have to think of a new question or something for that one.

2004-06-18, 7:35 PM #36
man, I thought I edited it before anyone could quote me [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] sorry Darth. You're too quick for me, Pommy [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
2004-06-18, 7:39 PM #37
Guess I'll just give it to Pommy since I'm feeling nice, and I can't think of any more questions. He deserves something for his quickness or something...

So gimme an address to shoot it to, Pommy.

One left:

2004-06-18, 7:41 PM #38
Pommy@ieatcatsforfun.com, thank you very much [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

一个大西瓜
2004-06-18, 7:47 PM #39
Was it Paraduck? He exploited everything else in that game...
2004-06-18, 7:49 PM #40
Hell no! Can't believe you can't remember who though, hehe.

He had to pay people to get his. It was funny.

↑ Up to the top!