Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Um...does anybody like Ghost in the Shell?
Um...does anybody like Ghost in the Shell?
2006-05-17, 2:29 AM #41
Originally posted by Tracer:
It's too bad they couldn't have made this show for an hour slot instead of a half-hour...the show's complexity kind of needs more time (some of the stuff is quite rushed). Overall though, good stuff.

The normal episode lenght for anime is the about 25 minutes. Some peculiar shows use half lenght of that. But I don't think I have ever seen an anime show with 1 hour episode lenght. And I have seen quite a few shows...

However, since it's mainly one continuing plot in Gits, I don't think it really matters that much.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-05-17, 2:41 AM #42
There are some OVAs that are almost an hour long. The longest I've seen though was 45 mins long (some of the Tenchi Muyo! specials are that long).
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-05-17, 3:14 AM #43
FLCL
Nadesico
Love Hina

get more tounge in the cheek, all the anime you listed take themselves too seriously.
2006-05-17, 6:21 AM #44
Originally posted by SavageX378:
There are some OVAs that are almost an hour long. The longest I've seen though was 45 mins long (some of the Tenchi Muyo! specials are that long).

That's true. And some long running shows have double episodes after skipped weeks, like Bleach. They are closer to an hour long. However, all the episodes of a series being an hour long must be rare.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-05-17, 2:16 PM #45
Originally posted by lassev:
The normal episode lenght for anime is the about 25 minutes. Some peculiar shows use half lenght of that. But I don't think I have ever seen an anime show with 1 hour episode lenght. And I have seen quite a few shows...

However, since it's mainly one continuing plot in Gits, I don't think it really matters that much.

Maybe I'm just used to American drama/action shows. The stand-alone episodes basically went like this: a short introduction of today's adventure, a brief investigation, a brief action sequence and a short conclusion. Often one of the main characters will get a call saying "some guy figured this out to help solve the crime" whereas if there was more time we would probably get to see some guy figuring this out (and that would have fleshed out the minor characters more). I guess that's not a flaw, though - just me wishing there was more.

The only kind of lame thing about it was how nicely everything got explained away in Stand Alone Complex (the episode) and everyone lived happily ever after. They must not have known if they'd be coming back for a second season.

edit - and also, the time limit meant that if you blinked you'd miss the big secret that solved the mystery. I'm going to re-watch a few episodes that I didn't get.

Or maybe I'm dumb.

And what's the deal with bitTorrent? If I've got 53 seeds to 211 leechers, is that bad? I'm getting downloads that are faster than Kazaa type stuff but are still taking a while. The little download indicator is yellow and says that I may be firewalled/natted. ?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!