Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → HELP! (or: How kyle90 just learned that he screwed up his life)
HELP! (or: How kyle90 just learned that he screwed up his life)
2006-05-15, 8:50 AM #81
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Then don't take my word for it. Ask a college graduate how well he's retained the information he was taught.

I just graduated and I feel I retained a good bit of knowledge.

However, I really enjoy my majors and I take time outside of class to learn things on my own, so I suppose it is a bit different.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-05-15, 8:58 AM #82
I've had some very intersting courses, and none I could say "promoted ignorance" but the final point is the degree, not the education for education's sake. It usually ends up being all about making the grade and getting the degree, not how much you learned.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-05-15, 10:01 AM #83
Kill your roommate, or attempt suicide. That'll get you straight As.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-05-15, 10:20 AM #84
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Then don't take my word for it. Ask a college graduate how well he's retained the information he was taught.

I'm really close to graduation and to be honest, the most I remember is the physics I had to take. Programming Languages course? Nope. Barely remember anything. Theory of Computing? Nope nor that. Computer architecture? Nein. I remember a little from OS.

It's been...three years since I've taken a physics course and I can still say that Gauss's Law is Phi = integra E dot dA or the energy of a photon is hf or that you absolutley cannot have a 100% efficient engine by Laws of Thermodynamics. (dE = dW - dQ)
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-05-15, 11:37 AM #85
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
It's been...three years since I've taken a physics course and I can still say that Gauss's Law is Phi = integra E dot dA or the energy of a photon is hf or that you absolutley cannot have a 100% efficient engine by Laws of Thermodynamics. (dE = dW - dQ)

You sure you don't like Physics better?

After Analytical Mechanics and Modern Physics, I'm not sure if I want to remember it.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-05-15, 11:42 AM #86
That may be it actually. Some of the CS classes I found to be uninteresting. I have no desire to study microprocessors. MIPS wasn't that appealing. PL was all right. Theory had some useful things (grammars, DFA, etc.)

I liked modern physics actually. Although I could probably not do with the mind job that is relativity. Go to hell simultaniety!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-05-15, 12:22 PM #87
But relativity is what makes it fun! :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-05-15, 1:01 PM #88
Or makes your head blow up.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!