Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The English system SUCKS
The English system SUCKS
2006-05-17, 9:58 AM #41
FOURTY CUBITS
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-05-17, 11:07 AM #42
If you have trouble with the number of feet in a mile, heaven help you if a girl ever gives you her phone number.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-05-17, 11:20 AM #43
It's the cell phone age. You don't have to remember phone numbers anymore.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-17, 12:29 PM #44
[QUOTE=James Bond]although saying that, NASA still managed to use both in satelite course projections once, that resulted in it crashing into Mars' surface...looks like the two units don't mix...[/QUOTE]
Yeah...NASA does that all the time, the reason it resulted in the Mars Climate Orbiter's crash was because budget cuts prevented pre-launch testing of data flow which was done on missions previous.

And damn you, Spork, I was just going to quote Abe as well...
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-05-17, 1:08 PM #45
That's funny, because with all of the science I've taken throughout my life, I prefer Imperial and *gasp* know how to use both whenever they're appropriate.
2006-05-17, 1:28 PM #46
It's not about not understanding, it's about preference - and the metric system is far superior to imperial in most people's opinions. When you're dealing with units such as cm[sup]4[/sup] on a daily basis at work you realise that powers of ten are your best friend.
2006-05-17, 2:48 PM #47
Metric for mass of inanimate objects and short measurements.

Imperial for distance and weight o' people. It's 150 miles to Birmingham, damnit!
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.

↑ Up to the top!