Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fascist Belgium
Fascist Belgium
2004-06-18, 12:07 PM #41
the bloke with the combover is looking well pleased. this thing really annoys me, we have stickers popping up from time to time around wer i live about the 'BNP' i once found one on the way to skool saying something like 'Keep it white..' if they do get into office and do anything bad which gets media coverage. im sure Mr. Bush will step in..nukes at the ready..

------------------
"OMG! It looks like ther's been a Claw Shrimp in here.."
"OMG! It looks like ther's been a Claw Shrimp in here.."
2004-06-18, 12:41 PM #42
I don't know, the BNP are very anti-Europe, which should please Bush. I imagine they're playing the anti-American card too.

I don't think the BNP really have a realistic chance of getting in power. The only reason they were voted in up north were because of the low voter turnout (see forced-voting debate).
The UK Independents have a more realistic chance of having influence. I think it's terribly ironic how they were voted in as our European representatives. They must just sit there and huff or something. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Anti-European sentiment is increasingly popular, as is Anti-American, leaving us with a worryingly isolationist policy.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-06-18, 4:20 PM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Wookie: Belgium's fascists still only have approximately 25% of the total political power. The other parties can and will form voting coalitions in order to neutralize the fascists' majority.
</font>
You don't think the fascists are going to do the same thing? There are other political parties that weren't fascist but still have some common ideals

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">In the US, a political party can completely rule the Senate with 51% percent of the vote in 26 states. Less than 10% of the population could potentially control the most powerful legislative body in the nation.
</font>
That would be true if the US political system had any party disipline at all. Unlike in Britain, politicians aren't constrained by their political party in how they vote. In fact, it's not uncommon for Democrat and Republican moderates to swing back and forth.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Personally, I prefer multi-party, proportional representation schemas.
</font>
I haven't really seen any of the multi-parties work. The only ones worthy of note(that I can think of) are France and Russia and the only reason those two countries run is because the President is given enormous amounts of power. Also, with multi-party systems, parties with similiar goals form coalitions and in the end there are 2 or 3 party coalitions.

------------------
The sooner you realize I'm right the better off you will be.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-19, 5:09 AM #44
I started to post yesterday that it is not so that a 51% majority can get anything done in our senate. It basically takes a super majority of 60% for some idiotic reason. I'm not talking about simply voting on bills. I'm talking about bringing things in front of the senate such as confirming nominees and such.

------------------
Have you forgotten ...
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2004-06-19, 6:12 AM #45
Yeah, different comission chairs decide what gets voted on, so the minority party can still have power (See court judge nominations not going anywhere).

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-06-20, 3:08 AM #46
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MeLoN:
Oh don't worry. If they do anything out of line, our fearless leader over here in the states will surely start a war with them.
</font>

Haha, MTE [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

(Not that it wouldn't be the right thing to do..)

------------------
No signature for you.
No signature for you.
2004-06-20, 5:15 AM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
I haven't really seen any of the multi-parties work. The only ones worthy of note(that I can think of) are France and Russia and the only reason those two countries run is because the President is given enormous amounts of power. Also, with multi-party systems, parties with similiar goals form coalitions and in the end there are 2 or 3 party coalitions.
</font>

Without thinking about it too much, some sort of league system seems a good idea.
You start off with a multi-party system, and the two parties that get the top two most votes go through and everyone votes for one of those. That'd only work with compulsory voting, though.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-06-20, 6:42 AM #48
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You don't think the fascists are going to do the same thing?</font>
Other right-wing parties may throw in with the fascists for certain issues, but it's not like any of the more repulsive positions will merit a glance. Anyway, I was pointing out that the winner does not take all in Belgium like he does in the US. A minority-majority is useless if you don't have any friends.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Also, with multi-party systems, parties with similiar goals form coalitions and in the end there are 2 or 3 party coalitions.</font>
Exactly. If there was a Democratic coalition the moderates, liberals, and radicals could all vote for parties that actually reflected their views without losing political effectiveness. Better, the individual factions within the larger coalition gain and lose influence according to the voters' opinions. If liberalism experienced a surge, it wouldn't take decades for the party machine to take a turn to the left.

[This message has been edited by Ictus (edited June 20, 2004).]
2004-06-20, 10:22 AM #49
OMGWAFFLERUSH

------------------
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation...
2004-06-20, 10:32 AM #50
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Without thinking about it too much, some sort of league system seems a good idea.
You start off with a multi-party system, and the two parties that get the top two most votes go through and everyone votes for one of those. That'd only work with compulsory voting, though.
</font>
Thats how the presidential elections work in France. I don't think they have compulsory voting however.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Other right-wing parties may throw in with the fascists for certain issues
</font>
I'm not arguing your post, I just want to comment on something. In France there is a red-brown alliance between their Communist party and the National Front Party which is fascist. Just a little interesting and unique tidbit.

------------------
The sooner you realize I'm right the better off you will be.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-21, 9:28 AM #51
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tenshu
Hey man... if the pics aren't loading for you, try blokbuster.antifa.net/foto.html

Thanks for the replies. The one about kicking nazi *** is probably pretty out there, but it's really the reaction I'm looking for. I'll try to hold on to that thought.

Anyway, back to the books for me. Two exams tomorrow, one of which is physics, and is probably very basic, and yet so giving me a hard time. 'Magnetism', man's best friend.

Keep the replies coming, and kick some nazi *** (cause this IS nazi, and it IS *** , IMHO)
</font>

You do realize that some people (eg. Me, gothiX) can read/understand/speak dutch and we know exactly what that says. I at least am offended by some of that.

And yes it is kinda scary that Bill Gates is sitting before the Hailing so-called NAZI!

------------------
Jedi rocks rule the house...
YEAH YEAH YEAH
Jedi rocks rule the house...
YEAH YEAH YEAH

↑ Up to the top!