Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → For those who saw X3
For those who saw X3
2006-05-28, 6:36 PM #41
Magneto movie is going to be set in the past, back when Magneto and Xavier were still working together. Ian McKellen said in an interview that he and Patrick Stewart would be in it, and they would use that CG effect like in the first scene of The Last Stand to make them look younger.

And just about every actor who was interviewed on late night talk shows this past week said it was the last one.
2006-05-28, 7:58 PM #42
I just saw it. It wasn't bad, some of the scenes were interesting, but others were totally useless. The plot wasn't that horrible. The Beast and Juggernaut were good, but I thought that Archangel (or whatever that character's name is) should have had a more important role. Also, I saw no point in the ice skating scene, and Rogue seemed pointless in this movie.

I hope they make a fourth one though. With Gambit.
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2006-05-28, 8:07 PM #43
I thought it was so so.
2006-05-28, 9:40 PM #44
Liz and I just saw it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would consider myself a "hardcore" fan, but I also understand that movies are just that; movies.

In all I was quite pleased with the way they portrayed the "cure". I'm glad that they made Leech work the way that they did. The only part that bothers me is that they managed to make one of the longest running plotlines in X-Men (Phoenix) into a 45 minute KABOOM.

The last scene of the movie was sweet, and thankfully wasn't overdramatic. It left just enough wiggle room WITHOUT the secret scene after the credits to make another sequel if the director so chooses. I'd like to see another X-Men movie set in the future with a real conflict with Sentinals. I'd really like Gambit and Cable to be around.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-05-29, 4:47 AM #45
Originally posted by Yecti:
I'd really like Gambit and Cable to be around.
Except Cable won't be around for obvious reasons.

Unless they do that whole "Cyclops and Jean Grey consumed in the fires of rebirth" thing, but I doubt it. Especially since Cyclops was atomized.

Wolverine and Magneto will make much better movies than a hypothetical X-Men 4, I think.

↑ Up to the top!